AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Worst type of anime fan?

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Default Re: Worst type of anime fan?

To be honest, I think anyone who likes anime is inherently annoying and should die, but here we are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Likes Holocast, VineTabris liked this post
    Member Meruem is on a distinguished road Meruem's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 12:47 PM
    Threads

That one fan that watches one mainstream anime and doesn't watch any other anime and claims it's the best.

Member VineTabris is on a distinguished road VineTabris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2016 08:08 AM
    Threads

personally the type i find to be the worst are the ones who compare anime to american cartoons and grow a superiority complex by trashing and completely disregarding any form of animation that isn't made by japanese hands. it's the most annoying thing.

5. Likes Ota "The Cutest Otaku" liked this post
    Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VineTabris View Post
    personally the type i find to be the worst are the ones who compare anime to american cartoons
    and grow a superiority complex by trashing and completely disregarding any form of animation that isn't made by japanese hands.
    it's the most annoying thing.

actually, i think that stems more from an Inferiority Complex, than anything else.

i think most of these sorts of fans are only too aware of the quality, effort and budget the average DISNEY/DREAM WORKS/Etc. production boasts,
    a series of advantages very few Asian Animation productions in history have ever remotely come close to matching,
    and there's an inherent resentment over the fact that such advantages are almost always "wasted" on Western-oriented productions
    geared to appeal to the highest possible mean average Western audience.

naturally, this most often leads to an overblown elitist Connoisseurs' mentality, with it's built-in inferiority complex
    and acute resentment stemming from the perception and/or fact that the object seen as inferior
    is held in higher regard of appreciation by a vastly wider group of individuals
    than the object of the enthusiasts' affections has ever been or likely ever will be.

what would the average Moe enthusiast rather see? just another poorly budgeted and staffed Anime about Cute Girls dressing cutely and doing cute things,
    or just another high budgeted and staffed Western Animation about talking Animals spouting tired unfunny jokes and performing tired unfunny sight gags
    with occasional moral object lessons for five-year-olds sprinkled throughout?

now, which of those two items is the more likely to overwhelmingly appeal to the balance of the family unit that said Moe Enthusiast might be living with?
    Last edited by Tasuke; 01-24-2016 at 12:30 PM.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuke View Post
    actually, i think that stems more from an Inferiority Complex, than anything else.

i think most of these sorts of fans are only too aware of the quality, effort and budget the average DISNEY/DREAM WORKS/Etc. production boasts,
    a series of advantages very few Asian Animation productions in history have ever remotely come close to matching,
    and there's an inherent resentment over the fact that such advantages are almost always "wasted" on Western-oriented productions
    geared to appeal to the highest possible mean average Western audience.

naturally, this most often leads to an overblown elitist Connoisseurs' mentality, with it's built-in inferiority complex
    and acute resentment stemming from the perception and/or fact that the object seen as inferior
    is held in higher regard of appreciation by a vastly wider group of individuals
    than the object of the enthusiasts' affections has ever been or likely ever will be.

what would the average Moe enthusiast rather see? just another poorly budgeted and staffed Anime about Cute Girls dressing cutely and doing cute things,
    or just another high budgeted and staffed Western Animation about talking Animals spouting tired unfunny jokes and performing tired unfunny sight gags
    with occasional moral object lessons for five-year-olds sprinkled throughout?

now, which of those two items is the more likely to overwhelmingly appeal to the balance of the family unit that said Moe Enthusiast might be living with?
    Woah calm down Freud

8. Thanks Jean Markale thanked for this post
    Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    /v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

the obsessive types who treat it like a religion, cult, or way of life. and especially those who naively jump on the bandwagon of whatever's popular, getting themselves all overexcited for a show and praising it as some "masterpiece" before even watching it all the way through or having watched much of anything else prior
    feed your monster

10. Likes Ragenomics liked this post
    Senior Member rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00 has much to be proud of rukA00's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Scorpio Pizza Orange Dango
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2016 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure. Everyone's perception is different. I don't wanna diss someone (not saying everyone else is) because I think they are annoying. They might think they are fine.. so I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by rukA00; 01-24-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

The ones who think catgirls and furries are two different things.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    it's called kemonomimi

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I call it anthropomorphism however you think of it. Trust me, I wrote the book on the subject.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 02-08-2016 at 03:06 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

15. Likes VineTabris liked this post
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Hahahahahaha post that in the right place and you'll piss a whole lot of people off

17. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

See?

an·thro·po·mor·phism
    ˌanTHrəpəˈmôrfizəm/
    noun
    the attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object.

Junior Member scotty.mogal is on a distinguished road scotty.mogal's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2016 08:06 PM
    Threads

ones that think it needs to be from Japan. If it has an anime feel, what is the difference?

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by scotty.mogal View Post
    ones that think it needs to be from Japan. If it has an anime feel, what is the difference?
    It being from japan is literally the only criteria that differentiates anime from other cartoons, so, yeah. That's the difference.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

It's like saying hollywood movies don't have to come from hollywood

21. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

I don't like when weebs take their otps too seriously, and start hating on you for not liking some pairing...Let's not forget the people who can only talk about anime, and when you explain that's not all you want to talk about they get mad at your for not being a "true anime fan" xD
    Last edited by Sulkin; 02-08-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    It being from japan is literally the only criteria that differentiates anime from other cartoons, so, yeah. That's the difference.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

If two Japanese men work on an anime in los angelos, is it an anime? What if there company in licensed in Japan but work in France? Someone saying "It being from Japan" is too general.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkin View Post
    I don't like when weebs take their otps too seriously, and start hating on you for not liking some pairing...Let's not forget the people who can only talk about anime, and when you explain that's not all you want to talk about they get mad at your for not being a "true anime fan" xD
    hahahahahaha oh wow when does this ever happen?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

If two Japanese men work on an anime in los angelos, is it an anime? What if there company in licensed in Japan but work in France? Someone saying "It being from Japan" is too general.
    Created by a japanese studio, based in japan, for a japanese audience. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Created by a japanese studio, based in japan, for a japanese audience. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
    bahaha, oh he's mad. Thanks for clarifying it chief keef.
    Last edited by scotty.mogal; 02-09-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

bahaha, oh he's mad. Thanks for clarifying it chief keef.
    you got it yung lean

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well, see, there's this little place called tumblr and

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by VineTabris View Post
    well, see, there's this little place called tumblr and
    Oh. Yeah. Thanks for reminding me that tumblr exists...

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh. Yeah. Thanks for reminding me that tumblr exists...
    no problem

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think the point is that "there is no difference". I mean Gargoyles is from japan.

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

[QUOTE=Kumagawa;2874352]hahahahahaha oh wow when does this ever happen?[COLOR="Silver"]

Ever been in the hetalia fandom? It's the worst--

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkin View Post
    Ever been in the hetalia fandom? It's the worst--
    Nope, and I thank god I haven't.
    That being said, I remember an anecdote from a girl I know about hetalia. She said that most fans care more about the ships and the fanfiction that the actual show.
    Maybe that's why people get annoyed about other ships and stuff? Honestly, the behaviour of fanboys and girls boggles my mind so it's just a speculation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information