AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Getting Married...

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Married...

No one should get married if they’re not ready to.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

How do you feel about multiple wives?

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow. Someone's gotta' be that horn.y to have more than one wife? And what if the wives are jealous of the time spent on one in particular? Plus, what kinda' house would the husband be living in with multiple wives? Big family, nah-uh!

Simon: It's a no for me . . .

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier.::. View Post
    Wow. Someone's gotta' be that horn.y to have more than one wife? And what if the wives are jealous of the time spent on one in particular? Plus, what kinda' house would the husband be living in with multiple wives? Big family, nah-uh!

Simon: It's a no for me . . .

Not necessarily. First I think a lot of that is about control and power.

Second presumably the other wives would help out. Solomon had 1000 women.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Polygyny in the past has lead to instability. You end up with a lot of guys with no family, and thus they don't have much motivation to care for the place they live in. Monogamous societies have done better. There is an argument to be made that monogamy, like other egalitarian values, is dysgenic because it allows the less desirables to reproduce. I don't think such reasoning applies in the modern world where a lot of selective pressures have been removed and people hook up for mostly superficial reasons.

Right now we are seeing a rise of polyamory, where adultery is becoming acceptable. I think if this continues, we'll be in more of a defacto polyandrous society.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    As for the legal aspects of it, I do feel that marriage is a great tool to protect yourself from your partner if you have a good prenuptial agreement in place. Who better than the court to hold you accountable for the commitments that you have made and your subsequent decisions.
    The family court does not have to honor prenuptial agreements. They can throw them out easily. I think it's just a confidence trick that lawyers pull to make some extra money. In general, I don't think the family court holds women accountable for anything. I only ever see this talk of accountability come up with it's a man who is perceived as not doing his duty or in a sex neutral context.

6. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Polygyny in the past has lead to instability.

When? Worked for King Solomon

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-14-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Junior Member Harorudo is on a distinguished road Harorudo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2019 07:16 AM
    Threads

Personally I don't want to be married to someone I rather just be with them and not have to go through all that marriage / wedding stuff. My father and his long time girlfriend lived together for 13 years and thought about marriage before However they decied not too since they loved each other a lot and felt like it wasn't a big deal. True everyone will do what they like to be married to their love of there life to be officially on paper and all that. Or not and just be together like being married. I just don't feel it's a big deal if you have that much love for someone I think you don't have to if you truly don't want too.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I feel sorry for married people who have a train wreck of a relationship.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information