AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My thoughts on The New PowerPuff Girls

Junior Member Midnightblade is on a distinguished road Midnightblade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2016 11:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My thoughts on The New PowerPuff Girls

I made a video giving my opinion on the change for PowerPuff Girls voices for the PPG reboot coming in 2016, after I read Tara Strong's tweets. Enjoy the video and let me know what you think of the matter.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u...ctors_creation

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My thoughts on The New PowerPuff Girls

This is awesome!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Didn't they already have an anime?

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I was actually really disappointed that they didnt reach out to the other voice actresses, who *all* seemed very eager and willing to reprise their roles as Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

why fix what isn't broken? if kids really are curious about powerpuff girls, then just air the original show. besides, kids nowadays usually enjoy cartoons no matter who the voice actors are. and fans of the original will most likely be unsatisfied and still prefer the original over a revamped version anyway
    feed your monster

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon___Sommelier View Post
    This is awesome!!
    Indeed, I just wish there were reprising of roles. Bu from what I hear McCraken's not overseeing the reboot so that might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Didn't they already have an anime?

Yes it did, and the cast was different with the english dub too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    I was actually really disappointed that they didnt reach out to the other voice actresses, who *all* seemed very eager and willing to reprise their roles as Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. I guess we'll just have to wait and see
    Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed too, but hopefully the new cast can hold their own...Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    why fix what isn't broken? if kids really are curious about powerpuff girls, then just air the original show. besides, kids nowadays usually enjoy cartoons no matter who the voice actors are. and fans of the original will most likely be unsatisfied and still prefer the original over a revamped version anyway
    Why fix what ain't broken? Profit. PPG was a very lucrative franchise and I'm guessing they think lightening will strike twice by reintroducing a new interpretation to a new generation. And the part about the kids not caring who the cast are is partially why the cast was changed to begin with from what I understand.

And yes there will be those who prefer the original over the reboot, I'm one of them. But I'm just hoping there will be some effort in this reboot, as opposed to "it's a kids show, just make whatever and they'll like it."

Junior Member Aurbere is on a distinguished road Aurbere's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2015 09:00 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Uberdude05

There's a new PowerPuff Girls!? I remember watching the old series, lol.

I'll have to check it out for some nostalgia.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
    There's a new PowerPuff Girls!? I remember watching the old series, lol.

I'll have to check it out for some nostalgia.
    Yeah there's gonna be a reboot coming out next year. I'm not certain of the details, but all I know is the Craig McCracken isn't overseeing the reboot, and the PPG have been re-casted, which is upsetting. Buuuut hopefully people who worked on the original show will take the reigns...

Junior Member lolapaolaberry is on a distinguished road lolapaolaberry's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

New Powerpuff Girls???? Whut, What, Where????? OMG

Senior Member truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2020 07:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bobbly Wobbly

Didn't this come in Japan about seven years ago or so? I remember hearing about it when I was about fifteen or so...Interesting.

An old school anime fan.

www.youtube.com/truegamenerd - Old school game reviews.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by lolapaolaberry View Post
    New Powerpuff Girls???? Whut, What, Where????? OMG
    Yeah, apparently there will be a PowerPuff Girls reboot in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by truegamenerd View Post
    Didn't this come in Japan about seven years ago or so? I remember hearing about it when I was about fifteen or so...Interesting.
    Is it possible that you could elaborate on that? o_O

Senior Member truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd has a reputation beyond repute truegamenerd's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightblade View Post
    Yeah, apparently there will be a PowerPuff Girls reboot in 2016.

Is it possible that you could elaborate on that? o_O
    In 2006 there was a version of the POwerpuff girls animated for Japan. The series was called "Powerpuff Girls Z" It came out around 2006. My guess would be that it was cheaper to produce rather than dub the series in Japan. I remember hearing about before it came out when I was about fifteen. You can read all about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z I think you might have mentioned this already....

I didn't know that they had dubbed the series though...I'm wondering if the reboot will reference this....
    Last edited by truegamenerd; 07-16-2015 at 02:07 PM.

An old school anime fan.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In 2006 there was a version of the POwerpuff girls animated for Japan. The series was called "Powerpuff Girls Z" It came out around 2006. My guess would be that it was cheaper to produce rather than dub the series in Japan. I remember hearing about before it came out when I was about fifteen. You can read all about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z I think you might have mentioned this already....

I didn't know that they had dubbed the series though...I'm wondering if the reboot will reference this....
    Oh that, yeah I'm familiar with PPGZ, and yes it's been dubbed. I want to finish that series. But my video focuses on a reboot of the original PPG created by Craig McCraken only apparently he's not at the helm.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightblade View Post
    Oh that, yeah I'm familiar with PPGZ, and yes it's been dubbed. I want to finish that series. But my video focuses on a reboot of the original PPG created by Craig McCraken only apparently he's not at the helm.
    Ah, I gotcha. I'm interested to see how the reboot turns out. I'm a little terrified of the idea considering how most reboots turn out to be but you never know.

An old school anime fan.

Junior Member KingSogeking is on a distinguished road KingSogeking's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2018 02:32 AM
    Threads

I am not bothered they got new voice actors for the roles because I think its good to get more people into voice acting.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, I gotcha. I'm interested to see how the reboot turns out. I'm a little terrified of the idea considering how most reboots turn out to be but you never know.
    That's why I'mma just wait, and see how this turns out... Because for all I know it could defy expectations or maybe the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSogeking View Post
    I am not bothered they got new voice actors for the roles because I think its good to get more people into voice acting.
    You have a good point... The new cast allows new opportunities for new VAs. Christ, why didn't I think o0f that? >.<

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information