AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shut-in Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Shut-in Anime

Let's say you are stuck at home for a day or two because you are sick. Or maybe you are snowed in on a winter's day. Assuming your power is still on, what is a good anime to watch while you are home with no place you can go since you can't leave the house?

In a case like that, I would prefer something which would lift my spirits. (No, not the drinking kind. I can lift those all by myself.) That would mean a dumb, but fun anime. That is, something really stupid that will make me laugh.

Cromartie High School would work. This is the story of gang activity in a high school for delinquents. The cast includes Freddy Mercury, or his double, a gorilla, and various empty-headed tough guys. Yes, it is pretty dumb, but funny.

Or Kill Me Baby would do. A half-wit school girl tries to become best friends with a classmate who is a professional assassin. Again, pretty stupid, but still funny.

What anime and/or type of anime would you want to watch while stuck home for whatever reason? And why?

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Shut-in Anime

When I had my last foot surgery was when I discovered and binged the disastrous life of Saiki K, about a guy who has Psychic powers, but hates that he does. I also binged Eyeshield 21, but that's longer and sometimes serious. About a football team, but it's really funny.

Others I would suggest in the category would be Ouran HS Host Club, and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, about a guy learning martial arts. I do warn for Kenichi though, there is a lot of fan service, and the last time I watched it I couldn't take it, but I enjoyed it more when I was younger (and just ignored the fan service). But it is a fun show.

OH, another good one comes to mind:

OH! Edo Rocket. This is the definition of "Dumb but fun". It's set in the Edo period of Japan, where anything fun has been banned by the government, including Fireworks/Firerockets. But there's a boy who refuses to quit making them, meanwhile a mysterious girl asks him to build a rocket that will take her to the moon. While this is set in the Edo period, there are TONS of 4th wall breaking, with things like TVs, Cameras, and other things that didn't exist. If I remember correctly there are a few serious moments, but I'd say at least 75% of it is dumb but fun.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eyeshield 21 -- Is that about American football, or what the rest of the world calls football (soccer).

My only complaint about Ouran Host Club is that it needed and deserved a second season. We were just starting to get to the part where Haruhi and Tamaki fall in love. Wouldn't that be sweet to watch?

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Eyeshield 21 -- Is that about American football, or what the rest of the world calls football (soccer).

My only complaint about Ouran Host Club is that it needed and deserved a second season. We were just starting to get to the part where Haruhi and Tamaki fall in love. Wouldn't that be sweet to watch?

It actually is American Football. surprisingly.

I do agree about Ouran though, I want more of it too!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I do agree about Ouran though, I want more of it too!
    Maybe I am a romantic at heart, but that scene where Tamaki is holding Haruhi as they fall from that bridge would have been a great time for their first kiss, just before they hit the water.

6. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I don't think any specific anime matters in those conditions. Also, when I read the title, Welcome to the NHK popped in my head immediately.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    I don't think any specific anime matters in those conditions. Also, when I read the title, Welcome to the NHK popped in my head immediately.
    An anime about a shut-in was not what I had in mind. Still it is a pretty good series. Maybe I will watch it again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information