AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Worse Cartoon Network Shows Ever

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Worse Cartoon Network Shows Ever

Don't really like Ben 10 since it's so stupid lol...
    Courage The Cowardly Dog was good as a kid, but I look back at it now and I'm like "What stuff did I watch 0_0"

Senior Member Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Soul Eater Soul Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2019 03:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Silicone Kingdom

The best would of been Rockos modern life.
    The worst Jonny Bravo. i didn't like it, was funny but not my cup of tea.
    Only Yin Can Be This Cute(:

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aki_Mori View Post
    And i really can't stand how they put reality shows on CARTOON network. It's called CARTOON Network for a reason!! I miss the old cartoon network.
    I absolutely agree with you. I think it really comes to something when a channel is so lacking in fresh content that it resorts to broadcasting "shows" that are of a completely different format to that suggested by their own logos. It's like false advertising, and frankly, I think it's an insult to consumers who pay for these channels one way or another. Hell, at bare minimum I'd sooner settle for relevant and repeated shows than that which are simply broadcasted to replenish broadcasting funds; at least then I'd have convenience rather than sheer crap for choice. For all its excessive advertising between programmes, at least this is where even the basic CITV gets it right imo: while it does repeat shows like Horrid Henry, Almost Naked Animals, and My parents are Aliens as much as (if not more than) 4 times a day; that's far more acceptable and appropriate than broadcasting the likes of Reality TV shows, or the kind of crap they spew on MTV.

Still, in the end, I view most channels as unfortunate products of shrewd business practices rather than good consumer services, and therefore have long given up on demanding quality content; especially given that most of them are evidently dependant on their sponsors for funding--which are not unlike shareholders in effect. It's blatantly obvious to me that many channels (like the Film4 we have over here in the UK) are obliged to run infomercials at certain times of the day; or else they'd lack the funds to broadcast more relevant shows.

And that's just a reflection of the general state of the TV media industry imo--profit first; delivery second. It's ironic that we have more TV channels to choose from than ever before, yet (in percentage terms) less quality and unique shows. This is why I rarely watch TV (let alone cartoon channels) these days; I just think there are far too many programmes that are designed to simply make money; and even those that are initially good are later corrupted by business decisions that get in the way of their objectives. This sort of nonsense seems to be spilling into anime too, though there is plenty of room for serious damage yet...
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 10-06-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. I think it really comes to something when a channel is so lacking in fresh content that it resorts to broadcasting "shows" that are of a completely different format to that suggested by their own logos. It's like false advertising, and frankly, I think it's an insult to consumers who pay for these channels one way or another. Hell, at bare minimum I'd sooner settle for relevant and repeated shows than that which are simply broadcasted to replenish broadcasting funds; at least then I'd have convenience rather than sheer crap for choice. For all its excessive advertising between programmes, at least this is where even the basic CITV gets it right imo: while it does repeat shows like Horrid Henry, Almost Naked Animals, and My parents are Aliens as much as (if not more than) 4 times a day; that's far more acceptable and appropriate than broadcasting the likes of Reality TV shows, or the kind of crap they spew on MTV.

Still, in the end, I view most channels as unfortunate products of shrewd business practices rather than good consumer services, and therefore have long given up on demanding quality content; especially given that most of them are evidently dependant on their sponsors for funding--which are not unlike shareholders in effect. It's blatantly obvious to me that many channels (like the Film4 we have over here in the UK) are obliged to run infomercials at certain times of the day; or else they'd lack the funds to broadcast more relevant shows.

And that's just a reflection of the general state of the TV media industry imo--profit first; delivery second. It's ironic that we have more TV channels to choose from than ever before, yet (in percentage terms) less quality and unique shows. This is why I rarely watch TV (let alone cartoon channels) these days; I just think there are far too many programmes that are designed to simply make money; and even those that are initially good are later corrupted by business decisions that get in the way of their objectives. This sort of nonsense seems to be spilling into anime too, though there is plenty of room for serious damage yet...
    Well, you have to be in the business to make money, otherwise you'll just end up as that maybe notable channel that's no longer around. Or like PBS and constantly asking for donations. Still, one would expect a little integrity with the channels and their programming as far as it being related to the purpose of the channel. No one tunes into the All-Cat Channel to watch Dogs 101. At the same token, somehow Dogs 101 is becoming a such success for the All-Cat Channel. Me personally, I could accept live-action shows in CN if they incorporated a fair amount of graphic animation into the show, like Level Up where there's a good amount of animation to work with the live-action. Still, these other live-action shows can go (straight to HELL! ), there's little to no animation in them and the plots/storylines are dumber than a bag of turds. It's almost as if CN took the shows that Disney and Nickelodeon refused to air. Also there's Flicks... Great Idea, but lose the retard hosting it and play more animated movies damnit! There's plenty of them out there. I don't care to watch Percy Jackson for the 23,203,894 time. I'm sure there's a lot of folks that'd love to watch Kaena, if they haven't already.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

5. Thanks .:neuko:. thanked for this post
    Senior Member ~OTAKYU~ is on a distinguished road ~OTAKYU~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Pen IPhone Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by yuki803 View Post
    wen they had one piece on cartoon network at 8pm on fridays i hated it cause they edit it so bad
    Well did you know that Sanji who smokes CN edited the cigarette and turned it into a lolipop!

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

I can't stand really anything they currently have airing, and some in the past few years. Chowder, Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Annoying Orange, whatever. It has just gotten really bad over the years, IMO. Give me some Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's Laboratory, or even something like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends or Camp Lazlo any day, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy will always be a favorite. Or even Two Stupid Dogs or Whatever Happened to Robot Jones. But I wouldn't watch CN 99% of the time if you paid me now.

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    who doesn't like courage!? lemme fight em! i love me some courage the wimp dog.

does adult swim count? i'm assuming it does so my vote goes to Aqua teen hunger force. it was never funny. even while stoned it wasn't funny. the "creators" hardly ever add any new art to the show, it's just the same characters copy-pasted every episode. how this show ever got a following is beyond me.
    I agree with every bit of what you just said. Courage has always been one of my FAVORITE CN shows and one of my favorite cartoons in general! And Aqua Teen Hunger Force is just terrible. I've always hated it. Then again, I don't like really any of the Adult Swim originals. All I've ever watched on it is occasionally Robot Chicken, a few episodes of Metalocalypse, anime, Futurama, and American Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Anything live action.

Seriously what part of "Cartoon" are they unclear on?
    YES! Ugh, I hate when I see a live-action show on it. -.- It's like, seriously people? At least do the MTV thing and erase the abbreviation to CN if you're going to start making it untrue. -.- Otherwise, stick to cartoons.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Well it's supposed to be he 24 hour cartoon network... and why doesn't Adult swim have it's own darn channel anyway?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Because Adult Swim isn't like Boomerang with all sorts of popular shows to keep it running 24/7/365 without an issue.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Junior Member Teagan is on a distinguished road Teagan's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2014 10:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey hey hey!! Watch those tongues, guys! Courage is the most loviest and brave cartoon EVER!!1oneone!

Anyway, I dislike.. Um, Chops choke or something, really hate animation. Uuuughh!! D;

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Uncle Grandpa
    Steven Universe
    Teen Titans Go!
    I think that about sums it up for the current bad shows.

Member Hinterlandis is on a distinguished road Hinterlandis's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2014 11:12 PM
    Threads

I haven't actually had cable in years, but from what I can remember:

Total Drama Island
    Flapjack
    Adventure Time
    I Am Weasel

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 03:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

Quote Originally Posted by neogalaxy View Post
    Ima have to say Courage the Cowardly Dog, it was too weird for me. i remmeber exacly when it came on the switch the channel. Not only that but some scenes where actually disturbing.M
    Then second i'd have to say, I am weasel, need i need to say more -.- lol *My opinion*
    Courage the cowardly dog was one of my favorite childhood memories that cartoon was fun

Member NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding has a reputation beyond repute NanoNanoPudding's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2014 08:51 AM
    Threads

Um, Please don't hurt me guys but...

Winner: Adventure Time. I can't stand it. It annoys the Hell out of me. XP

Runner up: Regular Show. Dat show is just plain stupid within words.
    Last edited by NanoNanoPudding; 03-27-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Junior Member Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie has a brilliant future Death Cab for Cutie's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: my_damnnation Steam ID: dejaentendu_

I'm really glad they got rid of that CN Real thing they had for like two weeks.. Cartoon Network doesn't do live action very well. The Problem Solverz and Annoying Orange are the only ones I can't tolerate.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information