AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The wrong lyrics?

Junior Member HomuraAkemi is on a distinguished road HomuraAkemi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2018 10:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The wrong lyrics?

I just listened to 'Magia' by Mahou Shoujo, and I sent a picture of the lyrics I found on www.animelyrics.com to my friend from Japan, and she told me that the english lyrics that were posted on the website were wrong. So I had her translate it into english, and when she translated it, all of the lyrics were different, and then I found an english version of the song on Spotify by AmaLee, and the lyrics to that version are same as the ones my friend translated. I think that whoever reads this needs to listen to the english version of 'Magia' by AmaLee, and compare it to the Japanese version by Mahou Shoujo because they sound more alike, and t[I]he lyrics on www.animelyrics.com don't even fit the beat of the song.
    Don't take my advice if you don't want to, but please just think about it. Please tell me if you agree or not after taking my advice if you take my advice.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: The wrong lyrics?

Are you talking about https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ma...gica/magia.htm ? Not going to lie, I have faith that @bambooXZX 's translation is correct enough so you will have to provide the lyrics your friend produced if we're going to talk mistakes.

Also AmaLee's lyrics take big liberties and often do not match the original at all at points. They're meant to sound good, not translate the song exactly.

I think, reading what you've written again, you seem to be under the impression that the text in English on the right hand side is meant to be sung. This is not the case, it is a translation of what the original song is. It was not translated to fit the beats, it was translated to be accurate. You might also be confused because this is the original Kalafina version, not some cover version.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDark View Post
    If you have progressed to this point, it is imperative that you have prepared the right credentials to make a post; including, but not limited to, the following:-

• The current, working link of the on-site lyric. This is to make life easier for everyone involved, including other readers of your correction.
    • Citing parts of the current lyric, pointing out the errors, and accompanied with your specific correction. An explanation to your correction is needed for correcting translations.
    • The complete draft of the revised lyric. Optionally you can upload a textfile of the lyric for the reason mentioned below.

~_~

4. Thanks AzureDark thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with singable translations, but it's not what we do here. The translations on this site are not meant to be sung, they're meant to be as accurate as possible, which you can't always do while maintaining scansion. Also, different people can translate things differently without any of them being wrong. It's not a science, something where if you're doing it right you always get the same answer. It's an art that involves a lot of personal interpretation and preference. If your friend's translation was exactly the same as AmaLee's, then unfortunately I think your friend was just plagiarizing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information