AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Top 5 Dumb, but Fun Anime Series

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My Top 5 Dumb, but Fun Anime Series

What is Dumb, but Fun? Just what it says. The anime is dumb. The story is dumb. The characters are dumb. But it is fun to watch.

Top 5 from the bottom up:

5. Cromartie High. A nice, good boy is accidentally transferred to a school for juvenile delinquents. He becomes the head of one of the gangs. The rival gangs are headed by a robot, a gorilla, and the late Freddie Mercury from Queen. Eventually he becomes the head of all gangs in the city thanks to his knowledge of yogurt. Then it gets weird. There are a lot of jokes about Japanese culture, which do not translate well into English, but still this is a stupid show that is a hellavalota fun: .

4. Kill Me Baby, aka Baby Please Kill Me. Sonja is a trained assassin. She is also a schoolgirl. You never really get to see her kill anyone, though she would like to do away with Yasuna, who thinks she is Sonja’s best friend. Then there is Agiri, a schoolgirl ninja who is willing to sell you one of her tricks at a discount. This scene tells it all:

3. Papuwa. This is a sequel to another series, which has never been released in the US. But don’t worry. You do not need to watch the first series to enjoy the fish wearing fishnet stockings, or the talking hallucinogenic mushroom. The English voice cast is better than the original Japanese. Get a load of the romantic female lead:

2. Kill la Kill. A teenaged schoolgirl seeks revenge for her father’s death, only to discover an international conspiracy to enslave mankind to their clothing. Everyone ends up naked in the end. Opps! Spoiler! Who cares? As with any dumb, but fun the story is the least important part of the anime. Besides, I watch it for the hyper-active Mako:

1. FLCL. The grand classic dumb, but fun. My understanding is that a group of anime writers started out trying to write the most ridiculous script they could – just as a joke. Then they realized they had something special. Naota tries to maintain his sanity amongst his insane family and friends. Then there is the housekeeper from an alien planet. Forget the plot. (Yes there is one.) This is anime insanity at its best. From the opening scene until the end, this series maintains a high level of energy. True there are only six episodes, but one episode of FLCL contains more good stuff than six episodes of most other series: .

What is your favorite Dumb, but Fun anime?

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

Default Re: My Top 5 Dumb, but Fun Anime Series

786 Ai, Mai, Mi

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Markale View Post
    786 Ai, Mai, Mi
    Tell me about it.

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

786 It's ostensibly about three schoolgirls who are in a manga club. While some manga drawing does indeed happen, the stories are just as often derailed into random insane plots which could have come from the very pages of the manga they try to draw.
    As a bonus each episode is only two and a half minutes long and there is very little connection between one episode and the next, so there is never any profound plot development or satisfying resolution.
    The end result is delightful idiocy.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Is it a recent anime? If so, maybe Netflix would pick it up. They seem to be picking up a lot on their streaming offers.

Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

786 Nah, it's two or three years old, so new-ish I guess. It's good to see Netflix increasing their anime offerings; their selection was really inferior a couple years ago.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's good to see Netflix increasing their anime offerings; their selection was really inferior a couple years ago.
    It's been mostly in their streaming offers that there has been improvement. Some of the older classic series sometimes has a disc gone missing or damaged. I recently tried to put The Twelve Kingdoms back on my list to give it a rewatch, but one of the discs is now unavailable. And they don't try to replace those that are damaged or not returned.

But check out Netflix streaming. They have two series which you will not find anywhere else, at least for now. The Seven Deadly Sins, and Ajin (which I just reviewed).

8. Thanks Jean Markale thanked for this post
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

786 Thanks, it's the streaming I was referring to; I had actually forgotten they did anything else.
    I've watched every anime Netflix streaming offers with the exception of Ajin, but that can wait because with a fixed income I'm not going to pay just to stream the one anime. Maybe in a couple years it will be worth it again.
    My whole family enjoyed The Seven Deadly Sins.
    Last edited by Jean Markale; 05-20-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

786 Thanks, it's the streaming I was referring to; I had actually forgotten they did anything else.
    I've watched every anime Netflix streaming offers with the exception of Ajin, but that can wait because with a fixed income I'm not going to pay just to stream the one anime. Maybe in a couple years it will be worth it again.
    My whole family enjoyed The Seven Deadly Sins.
    Check my review on Ajin. It's one of the best I have seen in years.

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

My favorite dumb yet fun anime is Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy, which was also a weird romantic anime series as well. I also loved the original Sister Princess series, silly yet fun to watch. i can't think of 3 others now though. PS Onegai My Melody, Wagamama fairy and Milky Holmes can be dumb at times, but are fun to watch as well.
    Last edited by Peppermint Hearts; 05-25-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudere View Post
    My favorite dumb yet fun anime is Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy, which was also a weird romantic anime series as well.
    Tell me more about this one.

Talking about weird romantic anime brings B Gara H Kei to mind. It's about a high school virgin who sets a goal of sleeping with 100 guys, but can't get through the first one. It has several romantic triangles in it, including one where a female classmate has a crush on her own older brother. I guess it could be dumb, but fun. Some of the characters are really dumb, but funny.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information