AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [News] Microsoft unveils Windows 9 ... I mean Windows 10 to the masses

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default [News] Microsoft unveils Windows 9 ... I mean Windows 10 to the masses

That's correct ... Windows 9 doesn't exist and it will never exist. Microsoft decided to skip this number and instead call the new Windows, Windows 10. Why did they choose to skip a version? Mostly because as they see it, this is a new beginning, a threshold for Windows, bringing together a long promised system that will run on a huge variety of devices; from the smallest devices without a screen to phones, tablets, desktop PCs and consoles. Microsoft pointed out that this is not a "single user interface to rule them all" but instead a product family, with a tailored experience for each device.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    Windows 10 represents the first step of a whole new generation of Windows. Windows 10 unlocks new experiences for customers to work, play and connect. Windows 10 embodies what our customers (both consumers and enterprises) demand and what we will deliver.
    Full article here.

Sometime today, the company is also launching a new program called the Windows Insider Program, which will allow all of you to download Windows 10 to preview it and share your feedback thus help shaping the new operating system. You can join the program by clicking here. Be advised that this is not a finished product, but instead a pre-beta full of bugs and issues. It is not meant to replace your primary operating system and is meant for people who are comfortable dealing with bugs.

Below the whole introduction to the new OS with a demonstration:

Member Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird has a reputation beyond repute Clockwork Bird's Avatar
    Gil
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2015 08:34 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [News] Microsoft unveils Windows 9 ... I mean Windows 10 to the masses

From what I read, the reason that 9 is being skipped is because of a programing shortcuts used to shorten windows 95 and 98 to just "windows 9" as in the script:

"if(version.number contains "windows 9") {
    etc etc "

Aparently this affects over 4000 3rd party apps.

)

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [News] Microsoft unveils Windows 9 ... I mean Windows 10 to the masses

I also just learned that apparently the Windows 10 Tech Preview has a keylogger in it, which is mentioned in the registration blurb that you agree to when registering to use it... and it pretty much records everything you do.

... Given what I do on my computer, I'm going to steer clear of the tech preview. |:
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's not even that different. I don't care about the niche features like four screen pop. I do like extra desktops, but SHOW ME HOW MUCH FASTER THE SYSTEM RUNS, HOW THE COMPATIBILTY WORKS. GEEZ.
    I don't care for silly features that can be added to Win8 with simple programs.

5. Likes GuiltySpark liked this post
    Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

they should have stopped at Windows XP and just developed for that until technology became so advanced that it was no longer viable. i miss XP. my grandpa had me try to get music off his iPod on his win8 laptop and i was like... where's my computer? where's run.exe? WHERE IS THE START MENU? SCREW THIS GRANDPA DO IT YOURSELF.
    Last edited by FlashD; 10-27-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Language

Senior Member kristaok is on a distinguished road kristaok's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2014 09:28 AM
    Threads

I just can't get over how much windows 8 is an epic fail, along with vista... Winxp/7 ftw!

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

After using the Windows 10 Tech Preview for two weeks, I can say that a lot of Windows 7 users will finally change operating systems.
    It has the sleek metro style coat of paint on an OS similar to windows 7. You have the original 7 start menu with a windows8-esque styled mini-start screen attached to it, which can be edited to suit your needs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Windows-10-Start-Menu.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	84307
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

9. Thanks FlashD thanked for this post
    Likes FlashD liked this post
    Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

For me the whole numbering system for any products are random, owners of whatever products can label them anyway they like, take the iPhone for example, idk if they're trying to sound cool or what, honestly I don't really care much, I remember when the intel core processors had really useless & confusing labels, damn them, they're just playing with us XD

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Mage View Post
    For me the whole numbering system for any products are random, owners of whatever products can label them anyway they like, take the iPhone for example, idk if they're trying to sound cool or what, honestly I don't really care much, I remember when the intel core processors had really useless & confusing labels, damn them, they're just playing with us XD
    you mean how intel has almost infinite names for laptop processors? Atleast the i3, i5, and i7 gives a general idea on quality instead of reading the extra stats, but yeah I know what you mean xD
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

Quote Originally Posted by Solomore View Post
    you mean how intel has almost infinite names for laptop processors? Atleast the i3, i5, and i7 gives a general idea on quality instead of reading the extra stats, but yeah I know what you mean xD
    even the early i-core family were confusing, for example some i3 processors before were better than some i5 variants

I'm glad though they fixed their labeling now

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

After Windows 8 and XBox One, my faith in Microsoft products is at all-time low. Hopefully they'll surprise me with Windows 10, but in the meantime I shan't be holding my breath--and Microsoft have much grovelling to do.

Windows 8 in particular is a prime example of Microsoft trying to tactically (and laughably) force an existing PC market to conform to the trends of the more profitable (and exploitable) touchscreen tablet market. It essentially uses a tacked-on interface designed to ensure that Windows 8 is as user-friendly as you like when you run it on a touchscreen device (especially a Windows device) but is anything but efficient should you run it on a desktop PC. In the latter, Windows 7 pisses on it in all-round flexibility, support and performance, and any extra speed that Windows 8 boasts over 7 is nullified by a poorly designed mish-mash of menus that are counter intuitive and tedious to navigate at best.

I dearly hope Micro$oft can show that they've learned their lesson with their next OS; that forcing all computer users to march to one tune in the name of business is actually counter-productive and just helps its competitors in the long run, which are doing the exact opposite by giving users real choices (myself included).
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 04-19-2015 at 05:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information