AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Manga Artist or Pair

Member ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Capricorn L Laptop Death Note
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 04:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Favorite Manga Artist or Pair

Hello, post your favorite manga artist or duo here.

My favorite manga artist pair is Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, who (for those of you don't know) created Death Note and Bakuman, some of my favorite manga series.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite Manga Artist or Pair

Kentaro Miura is not only my favorite manga artist, but one of my favorite artists. It's so obvious in his manga 'Berserk' that he puts in more time than other artists in each individual page, and it absolutely glows with talent.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Member berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll has a reputation beyond repute berry doll's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2012 01:37 PM
    Threads

Ai Yazawa is definitely my favorite. Nana, Gokinjo Monogatari, Paradise Kiss, Kagen no Tsuki, Tenshi Nanka Ja Nain.. I loved them all!

4. Likes 박숴밍 liked this post
    Junior Member Moki-San is on a distinguished road Moki-San's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2012 05:38 PM
    Rule Brittania! (Great Britain) in Nottingham
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmm...possibly Tite Kubo who does bleach, because, i mean, is there anything that guy CAN'T do?!!
    the art style is so clean and swish looking and it sets various moods all the time, its epic!!!

Everyone has a yaoi fan inside...its whether or not we choose to see the light is our choice...
    But, hey people change...now im a lamp
    when the going gets tough...the tough get...less tough and turn into squealing little girls

Senior Member 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍 is a splendid one to behold 박숴밍's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2012 01:48 PM
    Threads

Matsuri Hino all the way~!^^ She created Vampire Knight!
    'You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel...'

'I don't want to love if I can't trust...'

'I'm not strange! I'm a normal human and- Oh, damn... I could really go for another fishcake!'

'I can't do it alone, therefore, be an ass with me!'

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Moki-San View Post
    Hmmmmm...possibly Tite Kubo who does bleach, because, i mean, is there anything that guy CAN'T do?!!
    the art style is so clean and swish looking and it sets various moods all the time, its epic!!!
    He can't draw backgrounds, lighting/shadow effects, or write a decent story.

My favorite manga is Urasawa Naoki, most famous for Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Pluto. He takes manga to the level of literature, and does it serious and smoothly; he's a man that understands the history of manga, the flow of a story, and the flow of a page, chapter, and series.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 08-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hah, this is kind of funny. I was just debating this with my guild members last night.

My favorite consistent mangaka right now are Takehiko Inoue (his pen lines and brush work in Vagabond are some of the best depictions of raw action I've ever had the privilege of reading + Slam Dunk, enough said) and Hiroaki Samura for Blade of the Immortal (some messier looking arcs here and there but there's something about his style that goes so well with feudal themes).

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

Katsura Hoshino for giving us D.Gray-man! lol
    Hiro Mashima.... two words Fairy Tail!
    Kyousuke Motomi the mangaka of Beast Master and Dengeki Daisy
    Bisco Hatori... OURAN
    Hwang Mi Ri almost all the Manhwa I read is by her ^_^
    Aya Nakahara; I have read a lot of her works Lovely Complex, HANADA, Nanaco Robin, Ringo Nikki... also her art is really unique and I love it ^_^
    Hiro Fujiwara... Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is the best shoujo manga hands down!

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Senior Member Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Lighter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2018 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lenny21088

Min Woo Hyung - Priest, its Korean but it is just amazing the art is like nothing I have seen before.
    kouta Hirano - Hellsing, the guy is just fantastic.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Souhi View Post
    Hah, this is kind of funny. I was just debating this with my guild members last night.

My favorite consistent mangaka right now are Takehiko Inoue (his pen lines and brush work in Vagabond are some of the best depictions of raw action I've ever had the privilege of reading + Slam Dunk, enough said) and Hiroaki Samura for Blade of the Immortal (some messier looking arcs here and there but there's something about his style that goes so well with feudal themes).
    Inoue is an all-around incredible artist. I have the two Vagabond artbooks that were licensed in the US, "Water" and "Sumi", and they're unbelievable. Even in the mid-chapters when he was busy with multiple projects and Vagabond chapters were still rough-sketch quality it was above the quality of 99% of the manga you'll ever see.

Samura is another case of an incredible artist, but less due to sheer artistic ability and more due to his intricate knowledge of the human body. His background is in medical drawings and anatomy, while most of his non-Blade-of-the-Immortal work is really hardcore gore (seriously, don't look this stuff up).

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information