AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a new really violent anime fad thanks to goblin slayer?

Junior Member gpatday8472 is on a distinguished road gpatday8472's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2019 08:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is there a new really violent anime fad thanks to goblin slayer?

Note to mod, sorry if I didn’t pick the correct forum.

Is there a new really violent anime fad thanks to goblin slayer? Some of the newer anime seem more violent. Which I am not liking.

Also am I an odd ball based on the shows I like? Yes, I am an adult. My grammar is not great at times.

Some of my comments may be spoilers but most those shows have been on for awhile and some have if not all ended. I am more into mystery. For some odd reason. I don’t like detective Conan.

Sorry, if one or more is technically not an anime. I did try to stick to anime.

Here are some shows I like

Code:
    Layton's Mystery Detective Agency - Katry's Mystery Solving Files

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (I still want to know what her lingering regret was)

Cells at work  (not for the reason your thinking)

Spirited away

Holmes of Kyoto  (I want to know if the got married)

Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits (I want to know if the got married)

Attack No 1

Digimon (Yes, I know some ppl don’t like this)  

Little Witch Academia

kiki's delivery service

Whisper of the Heart

Between the Sky and Sea (this is one of my favorites).

The cat returns  (I really liked it.  I would of ended it just a little differently)

Chio's School Road

Ace Attorney (Not sure I like it but find it odd)

Howl's Moving Castle

Castle in the Sky

My Neighbor Totoro   (I found it odd though)

The Secret World of Arrietty

From Up on Poppy Hill  (ending is interesting)

When Marnie Was There

Zombieland Saga

One of the very saddest anime movie I liked is “My Sister Momoko” a tearjerker from the start.

Until I made this list, I wasn't sure what genre(s) I liked the most. I am still not sure. It seems like a mix between mystery, supernatural and romance.

Back to my question-Is there a new really violent anime fad thanks to goblin slayer? Like based on my shows, I like the light to moderate stuff.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there a new really violent anime fad thanks to goblin slayer?

Quote Originally Posted by gpatday8472 View Post
    Digimon (Yes, I know some ppl don’t like this)
    W'uuuuuu (please scroll down . . .)

uuuuuuut?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

New really violent anime fad?

Nothing new about it. Check out Elfin Lied, Deadman Wonerland, Shiki, Hellsing Ultimate, Baccano!, Devilman Crybaby, Berserk, Claymore, and many others over the past fifty plus years.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

4. Likes Lost247365 liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here are the new anime that I am watching

Endro! this one seems to be mild.

The Quintessential Quintuplets this one also seems to be mild.

My Roommate is a Cat Not sure about it, yet.

Rainy Cocoa sideG (The episodes are to short)

The cost(price) of smiles, this one is more moderate. I didn't mean to get interested in this,

the last episode was a cliffhanger of sorts. I can't wait tell shes tells them off, for not telling her about the war & maybe seeing her battle.

Here are some I am going to checkout

The Morose Mononokeaning (This one I met to checkout a long time ago)

Why Did You Come to Japan? (Peaked my curiosity)

Meiji Tokyo Renka (not sure about this show)

I will checkout others as they become available.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Note to mod, sorry if I didn’t pick the correct forum.
    No worries, I've put it in the right spot.

Is there a new really violent anime fad thanks to goblin slayer? Some of the newer anime seem more violent. Which I am not liking.

Also am I an odd ball based on the shows I like? Yes, I am an adult. My grammar is not great at times.
    Not really. Though I've seen a major trend in Anime/Manga to steer towards either high school stuff or violent stuff, or just pure silliness. All the work I can think of that doesn't fit into High School, Violence, or Silliness comes from one Studio (Ghibli, that is). Still there's no end to creativity, so keep trying new things to see if you like or dislike them.

Some of my comments may be spoilers but most those shows have been on for awhile and some have if not all ended. I am more into mystery. For some odd reason. I don’t like detective Conan.

Sorry, if one or more is technically not an anime. I did try to stick to anime.

Until I made this list, I wasn't sure what genre(s) I liked the most. I am still not sure. It seems like a mix between mystery, supernatural and romance.
    Never heard of an Agatha Christie anime, I'll have to watch that one myself. I'm a little shocked you didn't like Detective Conan, but I can't blame you. It's not my cup of tea either, though that's because I was expecting a different Conan. But you have quite a bit of Studio Ghibli in your list, which I love. They put a lot of work into their story throughout and not just in the animation or in one section of the anime. I'd suggest watching Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, The Wind Rises, and Porco Rosso from them. Outside of that, I'd say give Lupin the III a try for the Mystery aspect. For the Supernatural aspect, I'd suggest Paranoia Agent and Witch Hunter Robin. For Romance.... I've got nothing. I steer away from Romance in all forms of media.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple.

It starts out a little boring. I would watch it through episode 9 to see if you like it.
    Some cases will be Poirot and other cases will be Marple. Some but not all of these mystery are a little different to what been on tv & in books. it is geared towards kids and females. It does have some mild to moderate violence. It has been awhile since I watched, I don't think it has much gore. There are a few episodes that won't have a case. I watched it for the cases. Its one of those I couldn't figure out. I am usually really good at solving mystery. I always liked Poirot & MS Marple. Their cases were hard to figure out. I watched them on the PBS network. I also read some of their books as well. I even like watching Murder, she wrote.

I wish I could of got into Detective Conan. I did give it a few episodes.

I also like Ghost Hunt & Ghost Stories. On Ghost stories, I like the sub version better. I actually watched this twice (minus a couple of really gory episodes.) I rarely watch subs twice.

On Spirited Away. There was a fan version that continued the show when she turned 19. I can't find that now. I did like his/her ending. I think you had to read it.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_____Sommelier View Post
    W'uuuuuu (please scroll down . . .)

uuuuuuut?
    I did like the original two version and some of the movies. I didn't like others because they change continuity. I hate when any show changes continuity.
    Last edited by gpatday8472; 01-19-2019 at 03:27 PM.

8. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple.

It starts out a little boring. I would watch it through episode 9 to see if you like it.
    Some cases will be Poirot and other cases will be Marple. Some but not all of these mystery are a little different to what been on tv & in books. it is geared towards kids and females. It does have some mild to moderate violence. It has been awhile since I watched, I don't think it has much gore. There are a few episodes that won't have a case. I watched it for the cases. Its one of those I couldn't figure out. I am usually really good at solving mystery. I always liked Poirot & MS Marple. Their cases were hard to figure out. I watched them on the PBS network. I also read some of their books as well. I even like watching Murder, she wrote.
    Just as long as there are no mechas, vampires, or ancient Japanese "gods."

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Just as long as there are no mechas, vampires, or ancient Japanese "gods."
    Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple

If you come across shows like that, keep watching it-remember Poirot and Marple are tricky, You think it is one thing but it is another and I think each episode also runs about 45 to 60 minutes long (don't remember). There is no mechas that I recall. Some people may think its is slow. I believe most of the episodes are based on their books and tone down for kids. 39 episodes is a lot to watch.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information