AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Early OTAKU Room (2003ish)

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default My Early OTAKU Room (2003ish)

here's the oldest set of photos i have of my earliest OTAKU/Weeb days, several years before i even had my own actual Internet, in fact,
    practically Stone-Age compared to how i have things today.

without the now-indispensable freedom of worldwide online shopping,
    i was once forced to satisfy my OTAKU needs with what was locally available to me (which was not much)
    and the very occasional opportunity to hit a Comics/Collectables shop in desperate hope to find something better,
    about four/six times a year if i was lucky, usually resulting in nothing better than an average GUNDAM kit anyway.

at any rate, Enjoy and Discuss, if you care to, relics from the age when being a western OTAKU was usually H.A.R.D. for the majority...

Last edited by Tasuke; 03-02-2017 at 09:24 AM.

2. Likes MusicallyMaks, Vincent Valentine liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My Early OTAKU Room (2003ish)

Can we see how looks today?

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sure~ got things divided up into my main room and computer room these days;

Last edited by Tasuke; 03-02-2017 at 09:27 AM.

5. Likes Vincent Valentine, Jasanime liked this post
    WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

ur new tv room looks p sweet dude

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Nostalgic to see the amount of Macross content. Lynn Minmei certainly is retro.

I also noticed there's a couple of Nakoruru figures (Next to Terry Bogard) on one of the shelves. All in all, even the new version of the room takes me back.

The old version of the room reminds me of those olden days too. It was impossible to find anything in terms of anime merchandise besides rare cases involving comic/collectible stores, and recording anime to VHS tape cassette off the Sci-Fi Channel during the wee hours was one of the only ways to see stuff once upon a time. I'm surprised to see those VHS labels have hiragana on them, honestly. It really was a time that can never be experienced again, unfortunately – Though difficult, I enjoyed the simplicity of it.

Member konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever has a reputation beyond repute konataforever's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Luna-P Ball Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2024 07:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Super jealous!
    I love your room. c:

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Valentine View Post
    Nostalgic to see the amount of Macross content. Lynn Minmei certainly is retro.

I also noticed there's a couple of Nakoruru figures (Next to Terry Bogard) on one of the shelves. All in all, even the new version of the room takes me back...

yeah, those too were my own formative years as a budding OTAKU, from about 1995 onward, a freshly-minted hardcore MACROSS/ROBOTECH nerd,
    stuck out on a farm five miles out in the middle of nowhere, with a burning desperate passion to own some form, -any form- of transformable VF-1 toy or model kit, and virtually no avenues open in which to satisfy such desires.

today, i've more than made up for it, with at least six different transformable iterations of the ROY FOCKER VF-1S and HIKARU ICHIJO VF-IJ to my name,
    from the 2001 BANDAI reissue of the original 1/55 "Chunky" VF-1 toy, to the more recent 1/60 YAMATO/ARCADIA "Kanzen Henkei" toy.

i've been feeling rather nostalgic lately, however, and have felt like returning to the Genesis of it all with my first introduction to MACROSS and the VF-1 "Valkyrie" Mecha,
    the 1990 BANDAI reissue edition of the 1984 CEJI/REVELL "ROBOTECH DEFENDERS VEXAR" U.S. market issue of the original 1983 IMAI 1/72 Parts-Forming variable model kit,
    -complete with metal landing gear and shoulder hinges- that a nephew had given me back around 1988/1990, when i was about 7/9 years of age.

i picked this one up late last year for cheap, and have just recently gotten it nearly completed;

-now while that would be, technically, my very first ever VF-1 toy or model, and, indeed, my very first item of Anime merchandise ever, -long before i even knew what "Japanimation" was, in fact-
    my personal all-time favorite MACROSS VF-1 product has to be the 1985 BANDAI 1/72 High Complete Model. this piece not only gives me the same sort of "Had It as a Kid"
    retro vibe, but is near-perfect-transfomation and just about as rugged and reliable as the much larger and more crudely designed 1/55;

Last edited by Tasuke; 05-06-2017 at 01:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information