AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: score for D.Gray-Man by HoshinoKatsura

Member Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2011 02:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Question score for D.Gray-Man by HoshinoKatsura

from scale 1-10, what can you give for d.gray-man and why?

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

Default Re: score for D.Gray-Man by HoshinoKatsura

I would give it an 8 for an original story and characters it also had me on the edge of my chair for most of the anime.
    Unfortunately it had a somewhat confusing and disappointing ending it also started to fall into a bit of a predictable rootein near the end...such a shame.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Member Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien is a jewel in the rough Kaien's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorkeeper View Post
    I would give it an 8 for an original story and characters it also had me on the edge of my chair for most of the anime.
    Unfortunately it had a somewhat confusing and disappointing ending it also started to fall into a bit of a predictable rootein near the end...such a shame.
    ahmm..pardon me but what do you mean about its ending? Its still ongoing in manga but unfortunately in anime it has only 103 episodes and until now theres no announcement if they resuming the making of DGM anime.

4. Thanks Meteorkeeper thanked for this post
    Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

Correct I have only seen the 103 anime episodes and they ended poorly.
    If they do indeed pick the anime back up then I will certainly continue watching it.
    I am actually happy to hear that the manga doesn’t end there I will haft to give it a look when I can find the time.
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

i'd give it about a 6 or 7.

i had heard great things about D.grey-man before i watched it........but i didn't really feel it lived up to the hype.
    it wasn't bad by any means, but not that good either.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

8.5. I thought it was very interesting though it had some cheesy parts (like most anime these days). According to lots of sites there is supposed to be a season 3 and 4 but no one has picked it up yet. The mangaka's health has required her to stop releasing chapters weekly and now its around monthly (haven't read it in a while though).

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmm..seems like D.Gray-Man was not that popular as I thought.
    "Never stand still, always keep walking.. ..until the day you die."

− Mana Walker −

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not just going to give it a solid number; even if that method is very subjective, it needs to be broken down a bit.

Art style: The first art style is a 7, the second is an 8, and the third is a 5. It's common knowledge that she can't draw action scenes, though.

Premise: 7, incredibly similar to other ghost-hunting series, with the expected gimmicks. But it's a tried-and-true premise that usually works pretty well.

Story: 5, and I'm being nice. Katsura has an overall direction, but on a small-scale, chapter-to-chapter basis she is awful. Her inability to manage the flow of time for the reader can make scene changes very confusing - often scenes will change without the reader realizing it. She has a good story to tell, but she doesn't have the ability to tell it in a compelling manner.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Junior Member ZeroBlaze is on a distinguished road ZeroBlaze's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2011 12:46 AM
    Threads

I would give it a 8, because the ending wasn't that great. The plot was good and the action was good, and I liked the different akuma weapons that they came up with. Overall it was a decent anime but can't wait to see if the anime is going to be continued cause I would definitely watch it.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    I'm being nice. Katsura has an overall direction, but on a small-scale, chapter-to-chapter basis she is awful. Her inability to manage the flow of time for the reader can make scene changes very confusing - often scenes will change without the reader realizing it. She has a good story to tell, but she doesn't have the ability to tell it in a compelling manner.
    yeah! I'm agree with you..i experienced that confusion a few times so sometimes i need to re-read some previous chapters and analyzing it seriously. >:3 and still i love the story and i'm very curious if what will happen to the next chapters. :3

− Mana Walker −

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I've only watched the first 20 or so episodes... But I'd give it a 6 or 7. It doesn't completely hold my interest, and I get bored during some scenes. Overall I like it, though.
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 07-12-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: grammar

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I've only watched the first 20 or so episodes... But I'd give it a 6 or 7 overall. It doesn't completely hold my interest, and I get bored during some scenes. Overall I like it, though.
    ah..i know what you feel when you watch it 'cause i'm the same as you when i watched it. the first and second season of d.gray-man is most likely a preparation for the real war but on the third season to the current state of story it completely grabs my interest and many unexpected things where happened.

− Mana Walker −

Junior Member AmaLa is on a distinguished road AmaLa's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2012 08:53 PM
    Alvin,Tx. Alvin is a small town with the population of 20,000. Its between Pearland and Manvel.
    Threads

Im watching the eps right now. but im getting kind of worried cuz i hate anime and manga with a dissapointing ending. like Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), i hated how it ended so suddenly. but i loved the surprise at the end. Same thing with Death Note. thing is i didnt like how it ended at all.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

so far i give it a 7

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

After watching more I have to say I really enjoy it. Change mine to 8, it'd be 9 but there are too many filler episodes.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information