AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attack on titan

Junior Member krul is on a distinguished road krul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2016 05:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Attack on titan

My favorite characters are Armin and Christa, and what about your favorite characters?

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

this is cosplay-blog of Christa x)

Last edited by krul; 03-06-2016 at 05:35 AM.

Senior Member eano has a spectacular aura about eano has a spectacular aura about eano's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Gifts Cancer 147 - Dratini Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2019 09:20 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Attack on titan

mine favorite character is levi

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

I like Mikasa because she's a badass throughout everything, and I like Armin because he's really shy and can't stand up for himself at first, but then ends up developing into someone who can talk really well to people. o:

I really like this anime/manga in general. The themes are right up my alley as far as my my favorite anime genres go.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Junior Member DarkErenJeager is on a distinguished road DarkErenJeager's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2016 11:11 AM
    Threads

1.Levi 2. Eren 3.Mikasa 4.Armin 5.Reiner

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Forgot 6.Connie but i just wanna know what's in eren's basement

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The biggest problem I had with this series was it's characters. None of them really stood out to me except maybe Levi just cos he's kinda quirky and I can relate to the 'neat-freak' thing. I WANTED to like Mikasa, because she's a girl who kicks butt, but she pretty much does everything for a guy (Eren) so that defeats the purpose of having a strong female character. I like the girl who likes potatoes and the one with the glasses who researches the Titans. But I honestly don't really CARE about any of them.

But hey, who needs character development when you have BIG-SCARY-PEOPLE-EATING-MONSTERS and super cool flying gear......

6. Likes eano liked this post
    Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

silly thing, is that when i had first heard of this series, i had immediately assumed it to be some manner of good old-fashioned Military Sci-Fi series
    about some sort of Earth Forces assault on SATURN's colonized moon TITAN to reclaim it from Aliens,
    or some opposing Earth-based interplanetary military power or SOMETHING along those lines, ANYTHING but what the series' name actually is,
    just another one of those clunky, overly literal titles that seem to be the prevailing high-fashion in the Anime and Manga industries these days...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 03-09-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

OMG- I forgot her name, it's the crazy girl with the weird laugh.

Junior Member Tadokoro is on a distinguished road Tadokoro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads

Myfavorite characters are Mikasa, Sasha and Levi

Senior Member ShrillBrute76 is on a distinguished road ShrillBrute76's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 10:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShrillBrute3271

Armin is by far my least favourite character... For me its annie all the way!!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    The biggest problem I had with this series was it's characters. None of them really stood out to me except maybe Levi just cos he's kinda quirky and I can relate to the 'neat-freak' thing. I WANTED to like Mikasa, because she's a girl who kicks butt, but she pretty much does everything for a guy (Eren) so that defeats the purpose of having a strong female character. I like the girl who likes potatoes and the one with the glasses who researches the Titans. But I honestly don't really CARE about any of them.

But hey, who needs character development when you have BIG-SCARY-PEOPLE-EATING-MONSTERS and super cool flying gear......
    I have to disagree with you here. Firstly mikasa is the perfect embodiment of a strong female character and what she does isnt so much for eren but more about to save and keep him alive, its a great reverse roles of the damsel in distress theme. And another strong female character is annie, my personal fav, she litterally beats the sh1t out of guys here. So i believe attack on titan has perfect gender equility and i loved it.

In terms of character development there is tons of it! Armin is one example, even though i dont like him, he does go from the total ball and chain of the team into a kind of contributing person. But for me the best development in the whole series is how many of the characters slowly give into their fears and have kind of a reverse development and become weaker. I love it as it shows how strong human fears are.

If you still disagree with me id love to give more points as there are so many
    Last edited by ShrillBrute76; 04-19-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen this anime, but saw the hype. Would any of you recommend it?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ShrillBrute76 Ok, It's been a while since I watched, so I'm afraid I can't go into a lot of detailed examples or anything. But the reason I don't think Mikasa is a strong female character (Like as far as a feminist sort of role model, No argument that she is physically strong and tough) is because she is quite willing to throw her life away for Eren. Personally I can't imagine ever being willing to die for another person. And I find many of the characters have that same self-sacrificing attitude that, to me, is very un-relatable.

And also I find Armin's self pity and lack of self-worth to be very tiresome. And these qualities seem to be common with many characters in the series. You mentioned Annie. And yes, she is physically very strong. But I have no idea why she does what she does (unless I missed something). I haven't read the manga either so no spoilers please :-) I think if I could understand her more, like her motives and past experiences, then I might have been more emotionally invested in her story. But perhaps these are things that will be revealed later on...

So whilst some characters do get a little bit of back story, I still find them all quite shallow and I have never felt particularly attached to any of them. But it's an action series, and there's plenty of that. It's just not what I would call a 'character-driven' show. But with a second season on it's way, perhaps this will change.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Liked the series, but. . . .

(warning profanity)

14. Likes eano, Jasanime liked this post
    Junior Member Babachev1BG is on a distinguished road Babachev1BG's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2016 02:18 PM
    Threads

Erm, guys, does anybody know if there's any new season going out, if so, which one and when is it going to be available in here ? ^^

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Jasanime , i completely agree with you on Armin he just grates my cheese so hard, however he does finally step out of this later on and he stops doing it and i classify that as development. I wouldnt say its completely character driven but to say that it has poor development of characters is a bit of a far fetched statement.

And why is Mikasa's willingness to give her life for the one she loves not a good role model? There are countless times where this happens, both in anime and movies, where it is seen as heroic. Maybe you dont love someone that much, but those of us who do we can relate to this.

But i still feel that the main theme of this anime is how traumatic events break down humans and it shows how people lose their phycological strength very quickly, and its second main theme is how fragile a life really is #levisquad

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ShrillBrute76 I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :-) I have people I love very much, but I also love myself. And personally I believe that the human survival instinct is much stronger than 'love'. I'm not much of a romantic. Sorry, not sorry.
    In my opinion, the characters of AOT are it's biggest let down. I really just don't care about any of them. And I'm someone who can certainly form a strong attachment to a fictional character!
    But I still think it's a pretty good series overall.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Each to their own I guess, we all see things differently and that's why we are in this forum to discuss those different opinions. Nice chatting to you @Jasanime

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Without Armin, the majority of the characters would have been killed several times over. (Just putting that out there for anyone who wants to say he's useless.) He goes from an insecure coward to a psychological warrior and imo it's pretty badass. And let's not forget how psycho and creepy he can get. He has many sides to him, and a ton of character development, which I'm always a sucker for. Armin and Hanji are my favorites.

Least favorite would probably be uhh Mikasa. *dodges gunfire*

But no I mean, despite being physically strong and determined, she's completely broken and dependent on Eren. I mean when she thought Eren was dead, she was just about ready to kill herself even though the only other person she was close with (Armin), was out on the battlefield and could have used her help. Like what the hell, woman. It's admirable to be so devoted to someone, but with Mikasa it's more of an obsession than devotion imo, and it honestly kinda weirds me out.

20. Likes eano, Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ShrillBrute76 likewise! Perhaps we can have another discussion after season 2 :-)

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    @ShrillBrute76 likewise! Perhaps we can have another discussion after season 2 :-)
    when it finally comes out, been waiting forever now!

23. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Babachev1BG View Post
    Erm, guys, does anybody know if there's any new season going out, if so, which one and when is it going to be available in here ? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrillBrute76 View Post
    when it finally comes out, been waiting forever now!
    Has the second season aired in Japan? I think it has, but I am not sure -- and I really don't have the time to research it myself.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Bump. Does anyone know when the hell this second season is coming out yet??

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ShrillBrute76 View Post
    Bump. Does anyone know when the hell this second season is coming out yet??
    Yes. Eventually.

Member Meruem is on a distinguished road Meruem's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 12:47 PM
    Threads

Mikasa and Eren

Banned Forum / Chat saharhostnile is on a distinguished road saharhostnile's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2016 03:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by saharhostnile View Post
    He has good genes. (Jeans. Get it?)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information