AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Fake" Anime Fans?

Member ParaParaJMo2 is on a distinguished road ParaParaJMo2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2012 06:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: "Fake" Anime Fans?

Well, it is still just as stupid for saying you like a band because you like that one song by them and yet don't know anything else. It's like saying you like Linkin Park for In The End, a song abused to death in Naruto AMVs. I mean, yeah, it's cool that you like what you have gotten out of something, but doesn't fully make you a fan. I mean, are you a fan of Spider-Man just because you saw the movie and have never read the comics or seen the cartoons? Honestly, no. I can watch lets say a documentary on Hitler being an alien menace on the history channel, but that doesn't make me a historian. And in turn, watching Japanese does not make you Japanese lol.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I've never really had this problem as I've grown up in an area where nobody really cares what you like, so being into anime would neither make you an outcast or make you a legend! Some people may consider animes as "kids cartoons", but I appreciate that they have probably only seen Pokemon and animes like that, so are ignorant to the vast numbers of genres out there. Granted there are some people who will pretend to like things to fit in, but at the end of the day I pity them as they obviously don't have the self confidence to be different from their peers. We should be helping people like this, not judging them!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo2 View Post
    I mean, are you a fan of Spider-Man just because you saw the movie and have never read the comics or seen the cartoons?
    But, surely you could call yourself a fan of Spiderman movies? lol
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Senior Member Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret has a reputation beyond repute Lunafreya Fleuret's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2019 11:16 AM
    Threads

Most of these posts crack me up, glad I wasn't drinki- oh wait, yes I am. Coffee.

Onto the subject: Fake fans? What. By logic, should you want to call it that, if they haven't seen or read it but they call themselves fans; they're fake.

Buthey.Thatsjustmyopinion.

Member ParaParaJMo2 is on a distinguished road ParaParaJMo2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2012 06:29 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja View Post
    I've never really had this problem as I've grown up in an area where nobody really cares what you like, so being into anime would neither make you an outcast or make you a legend! Some people may consider animes as "kids cartoons", but I appreciate that they have probably only seen Pokemon and animes like that, so are ignorant to the vast numbers of genres out there. Granted there are some people who will pretend to like things to fit in, but at the end of the day I pity them as they obviously don't have the self confidence to be different from their peers. We should be helping people like this, not judging them!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

But, surely you could call yourself a fan of Spiderman movies? lol
    im a fan of most marvel movies

5. Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGalaxies View Post
    Back when I was in school, anime/manga was frowned upon. Even my art teacher hated it, so I can't say I've ever ran into that problem.
    It was like that for me, but now a lot of teenagers and high schoolers that I meet, cause my sister is 14, love anime.
    Most I meet actually like it, but I'm sure there are some really wanting to be hipsters out there. A lot of teenagers get into fads.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Hey, you watch Pokemans? Me too. my favourite is Blue Eyes White Dragon.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Member ✞GrimStride✞ is on a distinguished road ✞GrimStride✞'s Avatar
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 05:17 AM
    Threads

I don't really mind when people claim they're anime fans but in fact aren't even close

I'd rather leave them rot in their own ignorance and laugh at them on the inside

Closed Thread

Thread Information