AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serious/realistic anime! Know any?

Junior Member PureRumble is on a distinguished road PureRumble's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2010 03:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Serious/realistic anime! Know any?

Hi all.

I am looking for what I like to call "serious" anime...

Now if you allow me to continue without being offended, serious anime is exactly like a movie but only cartoon.

Good examples are the following:

* Legend of Galactic Heroes.
    * Monster
    * the Ghost in the shell series.
    * Seirei no Moribito

All these are serious, they are realistic to the way the characters act and behave, and nother key-point is that the main cast doesnt consist of 90% kids that for some bizarre reason all have grown-ups' obligations. The characters also don't have unproportional body parts (like the height is 65% legs, eyes 3 times larger than the mouth, etc).

Well, hope I didn't offend anyone out there that loves "unserious" anime, please help me out here!
    Last edited by PureRumble; 12-12-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Senior Member under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain has a reputation beyond repute under the rain's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 11:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: revolucionary

Default Re: Serious/realistic anime! Know any?

Death Note comes to mind.

Also, Anime with proportionate facial features? Doesn't exist.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Rose of Versailles is excellent, and follows the French Revolution. Can't get much more realistic than that ^_~

Member Dave-kun is a jewel in the rough Dave-kun is a jewel in the rough Dave-kun is a jewel in the rough Dave-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2010 11:24 PM
    Threads

the liar game, chaos head, doubt, death note, and look for manhwa tittles the art style is more realistic.
    thanks to blueangel for the sigg

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Your definition of realistic is quite odd. Because I'd say Death Note and Ghost in the Shell are two shows that are so unrealistic it's not funny.

Anyhow if you want something really realistic watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.. It has won the Excellence Prize in the Animation category at Japan's Media Arts Festival in 2009 and is a really powerful drama.

Eden of the East was pretty good as well.

OH! If you liked Ghost in the Shell you might like Ride Back a little bit :]

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Junior Member superface is on a distinguished road superface's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

I was gonna' say monster, but you said that already.

Give Akira a watch if you havent already. Ninja scroll comes to mind also.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Bakuman is "realistic", 2 14 year old guys trying as hard as they can to become manga artists, the way there is hard and they get turned down alot.
    Romeo x Juliet, maybe.

Junior Member Ichiriku Orihara is on a distinguished road Ichiriku Orihara's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

Eve No Jikan is the kind of thing I think you mean. Maybe Nodame Cantabile, maybe Moyashimon.

Seconding Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Castle In The Sky and Nausicaa (both from Mr. Miyazaki). While on the surface they seem like just like movies for kids, they are a lot deeper plot-wise, and more mature in terms of topics covered (and I don't mean xxx content). Both of these animes have a more serious tone to them than normal stuff for kids. Yes they have some sillyness or humor in some scenes, but overall they aren't always for kids (in the US release by Disney they were PG instead of the normal G rated stuff from Disney). Some of the more serious topics include environmentalism, pacifism, and even heroics that nearly kill the main character in Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind in one scene

at the end of the movie, and she would have died from her injuries if it wasn't for the Ohm bugs that used their powers to resuscitate/revive her
    Now while these aren't realistic in all respects (use of magic, etc) they are more realistic than most of the animes out there (Evangelion, Digimon, Inuyasha, etc) and take a much more serious tone than the movies that Disney makes themselves (as opposed to importing/dubbing from Japan) such Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Dumbo, etc.

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

Ergo Proxy
    Paranoia Agent
    Darker than Black

etc.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Senior Member Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 07:48 PM
    Threads

Myself;Yourself. That's the only one I know. Maybe Durarara!, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Yukitomon; 12-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Senior Member Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost has a reputation beyond repute Ghost's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon American Flag Ribbon Bob
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2013 12:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ghost212010

I Don't know maybe Naruto or DBZ GT

Member Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn has a reputation beyond repute Franklyn's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 10:44 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: franklyngardiner

The movie Ocean Waves by Studio Ghibli

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost24 View Post
    Thats a joke right? :P

Senior Member DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul has a reputation beyond repute DragonSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon One Piece Flag Mario Star
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2015 03:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It must be but i got nothing hehehe

Senior Member Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 07:48 PM
    Threads

Originally Posted by Ghost24
    Thats a joke right? :P
    Have you been in a spamming mood lately or is this just par for the course with you :P?

Member Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2010 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Marius56789

Try Kaiji or Akagi, maybe One Outs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information