AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Come to my next event! Anime's rocking new year!

Junior Member ladypicies is on a distinguished road ladypicies's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2012 09:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Come to my next event! Anime's rocking new year!

Okay everyone,

The Halloween Bash was fun and wanted to thank all attendees that came. But unfortunately, the amount that came was much less than anticipated. But, I am not giving up. I would like to try to throw a New Years Anime Event!

As many of you are aware, this event was originally supposed to be in January. However, since pretty much nobody paid anything towards the admission fee, it will be hold off until warmer weather.... So on March 26th we will hold our New Years Party in Central Park (weather permitting of course). There will still be an entry fee but since it will be held in a park, the fee will not be anywhere near as steep as the original. I hope to see you all there so that we can get the new Anime Picnic year launched with a bang!

Thank you. Now onto the description of the party:

ANIME'S ROCKING NEW YEAR!

Event description:

Place: Central Park, NYC

Time: 12pm-6pm

Date: Saturday, March 26, 2011

Admission Pricing: FREE!

Karaoke Contest fee: $5.00

RULES OF THE EVENT:

1. NO foul language

2. NO fighting

3. NO destroying park property

4. NO Stealing the food

5. NO Alcohol/Smoking or Drugs of any kind!

6. All dress and cosplay must be public friendly, nothing too revealing!

7. Everyone must pay the admission fee

8. Harassment to ANY volunteer, staff or attendee of the event will not be tolerated and any person caught doing so will be asked to leave with no refund!

9. EVERYONE must bring at least one party item or food to the event! (ex.: Plates, Napkins, Cups, Chips, Soda, Candy, Cakes, Pies, Sandwiches, Garbage bags, Water, etc)

10. If you would like to host an activity at the event, please notify me through facebook or e-mail within at least 3 weeks until the event. If it is after the 3 week mark, your request will be put on hold until the next event.

11. You are responsible for your own belongings, this event takes no responsibility for any items lost during the event.

12. Remember to bring a blanket or something to sit on! We will be on the ground and the ground will probaby be cold and will definitely be dirty! lol!

13. Have fun! Remember this is a party, so NO being a party pooper! Come have fun and meet some great people with a common interest!

ACTIVITIES:

- Artist Alley: Yes there will be another Artist Alley, if you like to draw or create things, come show off your stuff and maybe turn a little profit while your there!

- Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament: Of course! There is always a tournament at my events! So come one and all to the tournament of the new year! Bring your decks and be ready to face some tough opponents! Prize: TBA

- Dance: I would like to try to have some kind of dance music playing while we are at the park..For this dance party though..Its going to be music by request..So if you have a certain song you want to hear..just let the DJ know and they will play it

- Cosplay Contest: Come dressed up in your best costume because there will be a cosplay contest! The contest will be judged on three categories by a panel of 3 judges, so dress to impress! Prize: TBA

- Karaoke Contest: Yes, there will be another karaoke contest! The fee for the contest is $5.00. Each attendee will have to sing one song no shorter then 2 minutes and no longer then 5 minutes! Each attendee will be judged by a panel of 3 judges. If there is a tie in the end then the two contestants who have the tied score will have to sing one more song for the judges. This second song cannot be the same song they originally sang (So have two songs prepared just in case!). If you would like to do a duet with someone or have a team entry that is fine, but each person on your team must pay the $5.00 entry fee. The song must have some kind or relation to anime and can be English or Japanese! Hope to see you all there!

- Open Karaoke: If you feel the need to get up and sing but don't want to enter the contest, don't worry! For you, I give open karaoke! Come sing your heart out without worrying about our mean scary judges scoring you, you just need to worry about the attendees! lol

- A Shot of Anime: This will be a trivia game. I will ask a round of 10 questions to 3 people that are chosen for each round. If they get a trivia question right, then they do not need to take a shot (NO, there will be no alcohol, but since it is new years and Champagne is so common, we shall use its lesser cousin "Mountain Dew"!). If they get the question wrong they must take a shot. At the end of the round, whoever got the most questions right will be declared the winner! There are no prizes, this is just a game for pure fun!

- More activities TBA!

SPECIAL GUESTS:

- Tenshi No Ai: Yay! The Tenshi No Ai Maid Club will be there to help us once again! If you never met them or heard of them before then come to this event and check out what their all about! If you do know them..then show your fondness and come support them!

- TBA!

IN CLOSING:

There are new rules and new ideas on how things will be run. This is in response to the outcome of the ANIME HALLOWEEN BASH. I still plan to throw one heck of a good party. I want to make this experience not only fun for my staff and I, but also for all of you!

Now that the event has a new date and less stress of having to reach a certain financial limit, let's get ideas rolling and let's start planning for a new year of fun and excitement with the Anime Picnic Group!

Desirea J.

Check us out on facebook and confirm your attendance:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...all#wall_posts
    Last edited by ladypicies; 02-05-2011 at 07:12 AM.
    A voice calls to me..it says..."Search, for paradise".

2. Likes MusicallyMaks liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Come to my next event! Anime's rocking new year!

Hey everyone! Anime's Rocking New Year has been postponed until March! Make sure to check out the info for the new details on our event!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default New updates for anime's rocking new year!

Hey everyone! In case your all still wondering, yes! This party is still going to happen! And there are some new updates to this event that I think everyone will be happy to hear! So let's get started.

- THIS EVENT WILL BE FREE!

That's right folks! After several complaints about how this event is taking place in a public park and such, I have decided to make this event a free event to attend. But some of the activities do still have a fee to enter (Karaoke Contest and Artist Alley). But everything else is open for everyone!

JUST PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU BRING SOME KIND OF FOOD OR PICNIC ITEM TO SHARE AT THE EVENT! THANK YOU!

- DONATION BOX

Okay, so the whole idea for this is that if the attendees of this event would like to give a little something towards our future events or even just as a thanks for this event, there will be a "Donation Box" available for such an offer. Any and all donations will go towards future events to help make our Anime Picnics even better!

- RAIN DATE! (If nature isn't on our side!)

If it is going to be raining on March 26th 2011, then the re-schedule date will be April 2, 2011! Hopefully though, things will go well for us on the 26th..::crosses fingers::

That pretty much sums it up for this update. I know there hasn't been too many changes but I do hope to change that in the near future. Thank you all who are attending or considering to come and please make sure to spread the word and tell your friends! Thank you everyone!

Desirea J.

Junior Member MusicallyMaks is on a distinguished road MusicallyMaks's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2017 12:07 PM
    Threads

Goood!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

I would love to be there. But my Tardis is in the shop for an overhaul.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information