AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Absinthe and Denial

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Absinthe and Denial

As a prior note, this was a spur of the moment- inspired work in which I turned into a sound/word rhyming experiment. Whether or not the poem makes sense will be up to the interpretations of the reader. Please try saying it aloud to yourself and tell me what your reactions are, as well as just rating the prose. I'd appreciate all respectful input.

Absinthe and Denial

Grant me time to sync a song,
    Rip a rhyme,
    Or keep the calm.

You'd kill me no further
    Than you'd will me,
    Wilting withering wrought-
    Within a taut tablecloth
    Of sadistic thought

Though the doubts would pray
    Upon drowning doused dowry days
    Where one or the other
    A sister or a brother-
    A mother or a child,
    A father or a smile

Would reach into the miles
    Stretching far beyond the rilles
    Which beg for ever sweet and ever lonely...
    Denial.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Artistic Muse Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish 258 - Mudkip Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2012 10:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Absinthe and Denial

This writing style is very different (in a good way of course) It had a nice rhythm to it due to the alliteration and rhyming. Your choice of words are also very interesting and give you your own unique voice. ^^ Well done.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Default Re: Absinthe and Denial

The beginning sounds very splendid and I could see a very well written pattern with the words. Your prose was phenomenal if that helps, but I do have to say that it was easier to read it rather than say it cause I got tongue tied.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information