AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re: Game Thread: Connect Word

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Game Thread: Connect Word

Yes... I have now read and accepted your reasons for closing my recent thread entitled, "Game Thread: Connect Word". Next time, I'll be sure to read the rules more closely to avoid repeating the same mistake. Therefore, this is a notice of appology. By nature, I take rules very seriously, but I'm also a human being who can forget some of them from time to time.

You advised me to read your rules about the posting of game threads. However, I did read your rules; therefore the relavent issue here is that I failed to remember them.

Nevertheless, now that I've accepted the fact that you closed the thread in question, is it really necessary for it to remain exposed on AF? Or do you take pleasure in exposing such members who did not deliberately set out to ruin your site? If you have any regard for the dignity of users on your forum, then perhaps you might consider deleting my closed thread and allow me to continue making a good impression on my friends.

Just a thought...

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    Yes... I have now read and accepted your reasons for closing my recent thread entitled, "Game Thread: Connect Word". Next time, I'll be sure to read the rules more closely to avoid repeating the same mistake. Therefore, this is a notice of appology. By nature, I take rules very seriously, but I'm also a human being who can forget some of them from time to time.

You advised me to read your rules about the posting of game threads. However, I did read your rules; therefore the relavent issue here is that I failed to remember them.

Nevertheless, now that I've accepted the fact that you closed the thread in question, is it really necessary for it to remain exposed on AF? Or do you take pleasure in exposing such members who did not deliberately set out to ruin your site? If you have any regard for the dignity of users on your forum, then perhaps you might consider deleting my closed thread and allow me to continue making a good impression on my friends.

Just a thought...
    What's so bad about locking threads and not deleteting them? There's a reason why threads can be locked, and it happens too all of us! My threads have been locked before, and I was fine with it o_o..

I don't think your friends will really care if they are your friends, I mean it happens to pretty much everyone at some point. I don't see how locking threads and keeping it noticable affects dignity at all.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Poppycock View Post
    What's so bad about locking threads and not deleteting them? There's a reason why threads can be locked, and it happens too all of us! My threads have been locked before, and I was fine with it o_o..

I don't think your friends will really care if they are your friends, I mean it happens to pretty much everyone at some point. I don't see how locking threads and keeping it noticable affects dignity at all.
    I take on board your opinion here... but if you had read my complaint carefully, you might have noticed that I didn't in any way disagree with the "locking" of threads. I just don't see why they should remain on a forum after closure, that's all, especially now that they serve no purpose other than to ruin the reputation of members who potentially meant no harm.

And yes... I understand that true friends wouldn't judge me from such instances. But... to put it another way... just because others may not care about the stain on my tea-shirt, doesn't mean I shouldn't.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 10-08-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    I take on board your opinion here... but if you had read my complaint carefully, you might have noticed that I didn't in any way disagree with the "locking" of threads. I just don't see why they should remain on a forum after closure, that's all, especially now that they serve no purpose other than to ruin the reputation of members who meant no harm.

And yes... I understand that true friends wouldn't judge me from such instances. But... to put it another way... just because others may not care about the stain on my tea-shirt, doesn't mean I shouldn't.
    I read your complaint very carefully, and at no time did I ever say you didn't agree or disagree with the decision of your thread being locked. When I said there's a reason why threads are locked, I meant that's why the locking feature has been added, if not there would only be a delete feature, so maybe instead of pointing fingers, you could read my reply a little better. Thanks on that, now to the point. How do locked threads hurt a user's reputation? I don't see how reputation even matters on a forum, and I never looked at locked threads and considered the user any worse or any better, and I doubt anyone here really does anyways.

That's the problem with forums nowadays, reputation. People care to much about it. No one cares about your thread being locked. Mine have been locked before and no one said nor probably really thought too much about it.

I've been to probably around twenty - thirty forums? All of them did the same thing. And all of the users that got their thread locked never complained about loss of dignity, well at least from what I have seen in complaint forums.

I'm not trying to be mean, just don't worry so much about it.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 10-07-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon has a reputation beyond repute Armageddon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2011 09:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay, I can see where the two of you are coming from.
    Yes, she might be concerned about her reputation, or 'image' on a forum.
    Yes, I dont doubt the fact that you can make friends online, and close ones aswell.

But, look at it this way; I don`t know who you are. Yet just because a thread was closed due to a small human error or failure of memory doesn`t give me any right to slap a label on you.

Your friends will understand, otherwise don`t sweat over spilled milk hun. =]

Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Poppycock View Post
    How do locked threads hurt a user's reputation?
    A locked thread can contain moderator or administrator comments, which are also visible to other members; therefore, they have the potential to mislead other members into thinking wrongfully about the person who created that locked thread. In my opinion this puts the thread starter's reputation at risk... I don't mean the kind that scores you points, but rather, the more literal kind from the collective judgement.

On a more positive note though, I've taken on board your comment about the fact that true friends would not judge me on the basis of a locked thread - so in that sense, I can see that the visibilty of the thread in question is irrelavent. Therefore, I will try not to worry about this instance as you advised.

Overall, I thank you for your comments; I feel that I've learn't much from them.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 10-08-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Threads that get locked contain moderators comments to show the person(s) what went wrong or otherwise to make the thread get locked. That way such things can best be avoided in the future.

Usually, threads only get deleted if they're causing serious problems.. in which case, it should come as being obvious to the user why it was deleted without an explanation needed.

Reputation? I've had my threads locked before, it's not a big deal.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    Threads that get locked contain moderators comments to show the person(s) what went wrong or otherwise to make the thread get locked. That way such things can best be avoided in the future.
    Well, now that a moderator (such as yourself), has given me a technically clear explanation for the locking of threads, it's a lot easier for me to erm... live with. Therefore, thanks

Senior Member -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Batmobile Animated Eggplant Gabumon
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2012 02:30 PM
    Threads

I think it's more so that others will learn from it and not make the same mistake. Any post game suggestions can go here and may be selected by mods later.
    After more research it was determined that 2012 was the end of twinkies.

Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgirl View Post
    I think it's more so that others will learn from it and not make the same mistake. Any post game suggestions can go here and may be selected by mods later.
    Yeah... thanks for the link there; it was really helpful!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgirl View Post
    Yeah, mostly this. If threads that broke the rules just silently vanished, nobody would be the wiser, and rules would be broken much more often, so moderation is done in the open as much as possible, so that people are reminded of the rules.

And everyone gets a thread closed every once in a while, especially so new members such as yourself, so your reputation remains untarnished. Furthermore, they fall of the main page pretty quickly, so in a matter of weeks, it's pretty much vanished into the mists of time.
    Last edited by Eris; 10-09-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Yeah, mostly this. If threads that broke the rules just silently vanished, nobody would be the wiser, and rules would be broken much more often, so moderation is done in the open as much as possible, so that people are reminded of the rules.

And everyone gets a thread closed every once in a while, especially so new members such as yourself, so your reputation remains untarnished. Furthermore, they fall of the main page pretty quickly, so in a matter of weeks, it's pretty much vanished into the mists of time.
    Well, thanks for giving me the details on that. I'm over it now, so erm... all is cool. I don't believe in holding grudges so... no hard feelings, right? Also, thank you Maverickgirl for your advice.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information