AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Pragmaism, karma and all that jazz.

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Pragmaism, karma and all that jazz.

Some people believe that everything happens for a reason. A lot of people think everything happens because of fate or whatever. some people believe in karma. What do you guys believe in?

I personally believe that everything can be sumed up by 2 words. schit happens. Fate and Karma and "God works in mysterious ways" are just ways people deal with bad things, but really, there is no reason for anything other than thats what happened. Everything is probability. If something has a probabiliity of happening, then it might happen. And the chances of something else happening that is just as specific as what actually happened had essentially the same probability.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pragmaism, karma and all that jazz.

I believe in a sort of phenomenological karma. If you're a jerk, then you're going to upset people, and this is likely to come back and bite you in the rear. Likewise, if you treat people in a nice way, people are more likely to treat you nicely in return. But this doesn't go to say all good or bad events that happen are caused by some earlier action you performed.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Being a respectful and sincere person usually makes others see you with respect. Being a d-bag usually puts people on the flip side of the spectrum. Good things 'can' happen to good people, but so can bad things. Crap-happens. Causality, whether brought upon by your own actions or not will still exist.

So, I can agree with Eris. To a fine point.

Although the idea of underlying Fate/Destiny still intrigues me and stimulates me to deeper thought. I'm open to the idea, but not sold.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe in a random and mostly chaotic world where, sometimes regardless of personal will and effort, stuff happens. Good things can and do happen to good people, and bad things can and do happen to bad people; and vice-versa. It's not exactly fair, and more often than not there isn't any kind of rhyme or reason to it. It can only be accepted and moved past.

What I believe is that one should always do their best. Live your life passionately and never question yourself if what you're doing is what you truly feel you want to do. Stand up to adversity and never yield or give in to sadness or despair. There will always be people and obstacles standing in your way. What do you do when you see them? Kick 'em to the curb and make them regret ever try to stop you; and do it with some spirit!!

If one wants to believe in God, fate or karma, I'm not totally against it. Just be sure that, no matter what, you can always believe in yourself.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I choose to disregard all and act like I've never heard of it. The only time I believe in karma is on Mario Kart or Mario Party. If I throw a shell at someone I get two bob-ombs back at me and there's nothing I can do about it.

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What Eris said is the way I view karma.
    Perhaps it's incorrect to see it that way though as often the payback is disproportionate to the original act of good/vileness.

Do I believe in predetermined destiny? Not really, but I acknowledge it might exist in which case we may all be like cogs in a machine and some may not see it (including myself). Frankly with the scope of decisions I seem to be free to make it would be a rather elaborate machine indeed...
    I suppose it doesn't really matter as either way the reality seems to be that people can make the decisions they choose to.
    victoria aut mors

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I believe everything happens for a reason.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Things do happen, I just stay a good person. (:
    If things go wrong, I don't take it the hard way, I get up keep moving.
    Last edited by Meenah; 10-08-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Kamehamehaaaaaaaaaa!!! Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Dragon Fan Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2010 02:15 PM
    Threads

I don't believe in fate but I definitely believe in karma. Our own actions decide our fate. I don't believe in moksha and all but yes, I believe in karma. We do bad, we would be doubly reciprocated, we do good, great things would come our way.If you are lazy and you don't study, you would fail! Its as easy as that. It all depends upon us. Our life depends upon our actions. Maybe not the other life but definitely, life in this world does.

Member <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@>'s Avatar
    Gil
    Twisted
    Gifts Dart Hattori Hanzo Steel Systems NES
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2011 10:32 AM
    Threads

I believe in some of all these points. Mainly let me touch on karma vs. fate. I believe not in an immovable, unchangeable preordained destiny, but more as if we are all the gears of an elaborate clock whose numbers are not clearly set. So whereas the action is set into motion the final destination may not be written in stone, yet in order to get to that final destination some things may be required to come to pass. Personally I feel like I had to experiece certain things in order for other things to happen and I was meant to experiece these things in order to wind up at the end state. Not so much preordained yet, more like spiritually driven or guided.
    Signautre courtesy of Sasorikiller
    "...Say you want to stay, you want me too. Say you'll never die, you'll always haunt me.
    I want to know I belong to you..."

~Stone Sour "Say You'll Haunt Me"

Closed Thread

Thread Information