It's time for another review by none other than Arrancar Grimmjow! Today I'll be reviewing Orphen: Scion of Sorcery for the PS2. Now the first thing I will say about this game: it's hard. You may disagree with me, but it was tough to me. I wanted to scream (and in some instances I did) at some of the boss battles. Although it's tough, it's also really fun, which is why I'm reviewing it.

Orphen: Scion of Sorcery is an adventure/RPG game for the PS2. It is one of the first games for the system, released on October 26, 2000. The game is based on the anime series, Orphen. The story begins with Volcan being tricked into sailing to the city of Arvanrama, but their ship is attacked by monsters. Although they make it off the ship safely, they find themselves stranded with three other travelers. As you explore the island, you get to go through the story of each of the travelers (I will say no more, or else it will be spoiling!)

Plot: 9/10 I enjoyed the plot because it was unique. I'll try not to say too much without spoiling it. Basically there's three different stories, each of which has a different area/character than the last. At the end of each story, you have the choice of continuing your destiny or stopping there (I would highly recommend continuing your destiny for the full experience x.x). I do enjoy that it's not your typical destroy the world/alien plot.

Graphics: 6.5/10 There's not too much to say about the graphics. The graphics aren't the best, considering this was one of the first games for the PS2. But they're livable and you get used to it after a while.

Battles
: 8.5/10 From the way I've been talking, you may think I would have rated this lower. But actually I somewhat enjoyed the challenge. Unfortunately, you don't see a big challenge in games nowadays, but with Orphen, I definitely got a taste of challenge. You don't have too many choices for attack, and the targeting system hates you sometimes. Overtime the battle system grows on you though.

Replayability: 9/10 This is a great game to replay again and again, especially if you decided to end your destiny early. There's plenty of items to go back and get, and there's also cooler weapons you can find.

Overall: 8.5/10 Although this game was very tough, it had its good moments. I both hated and enjoyed the battle system, and love the plot. I would recommend this game to people who enjoy RPGs, but only if your up for a challenge.