AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Come to my convention! Anime halloween bash

Junior Member ladypicies is on a distinguished road ladypicies's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2012 09:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Come to my convention! Anime halloween bash

Hey everyone,

My name is Desirea and I live in NJ. This past spring I started a small group called the Anime Picnic Group. Eventually though these small events I was holding started to become bigger and bigger. My most recent event I had close to 100 people attend! So as a final event for the year I have decided to put together a small anime convention for Halloween. I knew this would not be easy but so far it is coming along FANTASTICALLY! I have a few staff members and even some volunteers. I have rented out a small convention center and everything is coming together great so far! If you are interested in attending, here is the basic info for the event:

Name: ANIME HALLOWEEN BASH!
    When: Sunday, October 24th 2010
    Time: 12pm-8pm
    Where: Dwyer Cultural Center, 258 St. Nicholas Avenue, New York NY, 10027
    Price: Volunteer: $15.00 (Must volunteer for 3 hours at the event)
    Attendee: $20.00

Here is a link my Facebook page for the event for more info:

http://www.facebook.com/?tid=1628666959021&sk=messages#!/event.php?eid=137778809585460

Some other things that will be going on at the event:

- Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament (boxes of cards being offered as prizes)

- Karaoke Contest (Cash Prize)

- Costume Contest (1st place prize is a chance to model for a Cosplay Magazine)

- Guitar Hero and Street Fighter Game Play

- SNEKO concert

- 2 Hour Rave (6pm-8pm)

- Free food

- Artist Alley

- Bobbing For Apples

- Other games and activities TBA!

Also, there is going to be a Pre-Registration day this coming Saturday and Sunday (October 2nd and 3rd 2010) from 1pm to 6pm. I definitely encourage everyone who can Pre-Register early to definitely do so as there will be a large crowd and not everyone may be able to get in. Here is the information for the Pre-Registration Days:

When: Saturday & Sunday, October 2nd & 3rd 2010
    Time: 1pm-6pm (Both Days)
    Where: 572 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn NY, 11205
    Price: Volunteer: $15.00 Attendee: $20.00

Directions: Take the "G" Train to Bedford & Nostrand, come upstairs and head down Lafayette Ave. until you hit 572 (If you see the numbers going up, turn around, if you see them going down, turn around)

Thank you everyone and I hope to see you all there! If you have any questions or comments or inquires about my event, feel free to contact me via my e-mail address: "[email protected]". Thanks!
    A voice calls to me..it says..."Search, for paradise".

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thumbs down Update on my convention!

I posted an update yesterday on Facebook about my event that I am holding. So basically here is the same update message for everyone here who is interested in coming to this event.

Hey everyone!

Okay..I know this month is a real pricey month for everyone. With NYAF just days away and everyone wanting to get cosplays and costumes for that and Halloween, I understand how October is a difficult time for almost all Anime fans. This does bring me to my point though..This event is facing jeopardy right now..The convention center that I plan to have this event at is asking for a $600.00 down payment to hold the spot for Sunday, October 24th. Which means that I need anyone and everyone who can pay early, to pay early! I have set up a paypal account so that I can take online payments and am consistently working with people on meeting up with them at different locations to try to collect payment. If you can pay early and need me to work with you on coming to a certain location or if you want to pay online..Please..PLEASE message me and we will work something out. Right now only a very select few have paid their admission and I am still NO WHERE NEAR $600.00. I have only a few options left in my bag of tricks and am running dry fast. Right now I am faced with possibly doing one of the following:

* Collecting more payments and receiving more online payments if people are willing to pay quickly and efficiently and HOPE that enough people show up to cover the entire amount for the convention center I am holding this at.

* Try and find a last minute more cheaper place to hold the event. (Possibly a college, Community Center, Church Hall) If you know of any places like these..I am open to ideas...

* Refund those who did pay and hold this event at a local park as I have done the past few events. (Mind you since we are in October it will be cold and it will get dark earlier then before)

* Turn this into a yearly convention, refund those who want their money back and start collecting payments from those who would like to have a spot held for a yearly convention. (This seems like a possibility and if I do go this course I will probably still try to have some kind of picnic at a park or something to make up for this..but it wouldn't be as grand a party as this event was supposed to be)

Further updates:

Besides this event facing a financial crash..There were other ideas being planned to help this party become even more fun!:

* Two people reserved a spot in the Artist Alley

* Tickets for another event were going to be sold here

* A DJ was going to be hired to help run the rave

* It has been discussed and agreed that for this event, you don't have to cosplay just anime..You can come as whatever or whoever you want..it's a COSTUME PARTY with an anime twist (Just nothing revealing or in-appropriate)

* There was a discussion of possibly having Dominos pizza at the event.

* Guest "Brentalfloss" was possibly going to show for this event

* The HHHC and Tenshi No Ai planned to work together to entertain and serve the guests for this event. They also were thinking up some great ideas for games and things at this event!

* I planned to bring my own Xbox360 so that there would be open video gaming! The games I was going to bring was "Street fighter 4", "BlazeBlue", and "Guitar Hero III" .

* There was also going to be a half hour of open karaoke time for this event.

IN CLOSING:

So as everyone can see. I have worked very hard to try to make this event fun and inviting for everyone. I have learned these past hectic weeks that running something like this is NOT easy and is DEFINITELY NOT cheap! But being an Events Coordinator and having a wonderful and loyal staff is not enough..I need support from you guys..The fans..The attendees..Without all of you this can not and will not happen. I need to know that I have support, I need to know and see that my efforts are being taken seriously and are being recognized as an attempt to eventually make this into something bigger and better. I know we have conventions go on around us all the time..But I would like to eventually make this a bigger and better convention in the future. But if I can't get a simple Halloween party event up..I feel this will fail..It is up to all of you. Please let me know if I have your support..Thank you my fans and friends..

Desirea J. (CEO)

Miss M.'s cute dork :3 mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave has a reputation beyond repute mynameisdave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2010 12:00 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Come to my convention! Anime halloween bash

sounds like fun... unfortunately, i am located on the west side. i hope it works out~! looking forward to pictures...
    "True intellect lies within those who realize their own ignorance."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thumbs down Update for my event!

UPDATE FOR THIS EVENT

Hello everyone. Unfortunately since I was never able to get up the needed money to reserve the Dryer Center space, we have lost our spot there. But I have not given up. I promised you all a Halloween bash and I always keep my promises.

Later today I will be going to check out some other locations. Hopefully one of these locations will work out and we will be able to have our event indoors. If I am unable to find a place, we will probably have to have the event in Central Park again. The negative to this is that it would be cold and would get dark much earlier, plus the fact we would not have any electrical power so we would not be able to have the rave. The positive to this is that if we do need to have it at Central Park, it would be free admission and unlimited space. Needless to say though..I am trying for an inside party. I will be letting you all know by tomorrow or Friday the latest about where the party is going to be. No matter what though..I do promise this party will go on!

Right now I regret to say that this is the only update I have for you guys. On a side note though..For those interested in paying online to attend this event, here is how to do so:

Go to PayPal and send your $20.00 admission payment to "[email protected]". Make sure to attach a message to it with your full name, phone number and E-mail address. Afterward, please send me an email or a private message here on Facebook telling me that you made a payment.

That's pretty much it for now. Please know that if we do have to hold the event at Central Park, all attendees who did pay will receive a full refund of their money. Thank you all and check back often for updates.

Desirea J.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thumbs down New location has been determined!!

Hello everyone!

Well just as I promised all of you, I have found a spot for us to hold our event! I am very happy to say that for the first time we will be indoors and have a very comfortable space for our event. Go to the Event page for more info on the location. For those who want to know the details right here and now, here is the location:

Queens Pride Center
    76-11 37th Avenue, Jackson Heights (Queens) NY

And here are the directions on how to get there:

- Take the "E" train to Roosevelt Ave/ Jackson Heights station (other trains go there to I think..)

- Walk to 75th Street

- Turn left and walk north 2 blocks to 37th Avenue

-Turn right on 37th Avenue and walk 1.5 blocks to the Center (it will be on your left). Look for the Rainbow flag.

I hope to see you all there on Sunday. Remember to bring your best costume, if you duel bring your yu-gi-oh deck, if you sing bring your music for the karaoke contest! This party is promising to be a great one! And remember:

- Everyone must bring 1 food or 1 party item (Chips, snacks, soda, plates, cups, napkins, candy, etc)

- Admission is as follows: Attendee: $20 Volunteer (must volunteer 3 hours during the event to help us) $15.

Thank you everyone and remember to spread the word around about the event and its new location! Tell your friends and tell them to tell theirs! See you all Sunday!

Desirea J. (CEO)

Junior Member obama64 is on a distinguished road obama64's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2011 06:09 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Update for my event!

Quote Originally Posted by ladypicies View Post
    UPDATE FOR THIS EVENT

Hello everyone. Unfortunately since I was never able to get up the needed money to reserve the Dryer Center space, we have lost our spot there. But I have not given up. I promised you all a Halloween bash and I always keep my promises.

Later today I will be going to check out some other locations. Hopefully one of these locations will work out and we will be able to have our event indoors. If I am unable to find a place, we will probably have to have the event in Central Park again. The negative to this is that it would be cold and would get dark much earlier, plus the fact we would not have any electrical power so we would not be able to have the rave. The positive to this is that if we do need to have it at Central Park, it would be free admission and unlimited space. Needless to say though..I am trying for an inside party. I will be letting you all know by tomorrow or Friday the latest about where the party is going to be. No matter what though..I do promise this party will go on!

Right now I regret to say that this is the only update I have for you guys. On a side note though..For those interested in paying online to attend this event, here is how to do so:

Go to PayPal and send your $20.00 admission payment to "[email protected]". Make sure to attach a message to it with your full name, phone number and E-mail address. Afterward, please send me an email or a private message here on Facebook telling me that you made a payment.

That's pretty much it for now. Please know that if we do have to hold the event at Central Park, all attendees who did pay will receive a full refund of their money. Thank you all and check back often for updates.

Desirea J.
    Thank you everyone and remember to spread the word around about the event and its new location! Tell your friends and tell them to tell theirs! See you all Sunday!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information