AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr MaschinenKopf Reviews Guilty Gear XX

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Chameleon Cookie Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2016 02:14 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sr Machinehead PSN ID: Sr_machinehead Steam ID: DocMK

Default Dr MaschinenKopf Reviews Guilty Gear XX

Well I said I'd do it and I finally did. Guilty Gear XX is a 2d fighting game from Arc System Works. Which has a strong distinctness from other games in it's genre. This is from a multitude of things such as the soundtrack, character designs, and fighting system. This was originally an arcade game so naturally some things were tacked on for later releases. For the most part of this review I will be reviewing the game's core so the story section will be a bit lacking since they put more story additions with every release.

Story - 6/10

You can't expect to much here. As for most fighting games a bunch of fighters from around the world fight one another for various reasons such as: grudges, vengeance, duties, save somebody, etc. Of course the story is missing from the arcade version but that is to be expected.

Characters - 9/10
    This is one of the points where the game shines.Rather than taking the usual stock characters found in most fighting games we are given things like a crazy doctor, a guitar wielding witch,
    a possessed person who fights with many annoying spirits, and even a billiards player. These are just a few of the unique characters whom appear in this game that is far from the norm.

Soundtrack - 8/10
    The soundtrack consists of music utilizing guitars and other instruments which reflects rock music. This is a good change of pace compared to some of the other games in this genre. It also doesn't get annoying quickly allowing for multiple plays in the same day.

Gameplay - 9/10
    The reason why we play a game. well hopefully it's the reason. The game of course has an overpowered character or two but really they all have counters and can be beat with the right strategy. Of course the two thing that set this game out from other fighters is it's use of weapons for characters rather than traditional punches and kicks and the ability to attempt an insta-kill when your special meter fills. Of course a miss costs you the ability to use super moves for the rest of the round. Each insta-kill's hit area varies from character to character but the combination is the same for most of the characters. And of course what would the game be without a broken last boss. The boss is just a super version of a normal character but their moves can be so cheap at times you know it was meant to steal your quarters.

Overall Rating - 9/10
    As far as 2D fighters go this game is a classic and deserves to be played. It does not have many problems that i can see considering that it is an arcade fighter and personally i hold it higher than street fighter and mortal kombat. Of course that might just be personal preference. In short if you see this game you should at least play it. You will not regret the time well spent.
    Last edited by Sr Machinehead; 09-27-2010 at 05:05 AM.

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information