AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bleach

Senior Member Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default bleach

ichigo hollow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ichigohollow.png‎
Views:	114
Size:	804.3 KB
ID:	32553  

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: bleach

Looks like just an extraction on a background with very little effect to it. You added a motion blur behind the extraction, and I dont understand why. That really takes away from what you want me to look it. There is a serious lack of effects here, and you should do more to improve this.

Junior Member xoxspammy is an unknown quantity at this point xoxspammy's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2010 06:18 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i see what the person above me is talking about, and i disagree. I like it, and I think the blur gives it more of a dramatic effect.
    LOVE:
    CRISS ANGEL
    VAMPIRE KNIGHT
    NARUTO

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I happened to see a thread of yours that was 6 years old, and to be honest, looking at this wall here, you haven't improved much.

The style you use here is very very similar to that wallpaper from 2004. To begin with, the contents are mostly a badly blended extract with logos slapped on in corners, and some background that tries, in a very amateur fashion, to give off the same kind of air that the extract is. Serated is absolutely right. I don't see how a wallpaper like this is going to get into AW.com - a website that stresses so much on quality. I've been submitting walls to them since 2007, and even if they have been harsh with me, I know they are not trying to simply bully me. They are trying to improve me by pointing out my mistakes and maintaining AW. That job isn't as easy as you think.

Anyway,
    Let's start with the most eye-catching thing in your wall: the extract.
    Why it stands out? Because it doesn't blend. I see it floating in the middle-ground of the wallpaper looking like it's moving from side to side, which frankly is disturbing. The bottom edge of the extract looks cut to me, and if it is, then the only thing you did to compensate for it was to add a reflection below. That's smart, which is what a designer should be, but it doesn't work here.
    The 0 degree motion blur might seem like a good idea to beat the cut edge, but really it's not. Never try to fight your way out like this.

Next, the background.
    Another motion blur at 0-degrees. If you want to convey 'action', you need to find some other way to do it. The easiest way is often not the best way, especially in art. So don't rely on the blur filter unless you really need to. Here, you have simply blown this wallpaper to smithereens.

Now when I compare the background and the extract [which I can so easily do because they don't even blend], I find that I don't really know what I should be looking at. The guy in the bg that is in the process of beating up my screen, or the half-morphed Ichigo. See what happened? The viewer's eyes are torn because you haven't maintained the focus in one spot.
    Using two or more people in different positions in the wall will attract the viewer's eyes and confuse them initially - a basic mistake. There is a way to go around this and still use two or more people while maintaining your main focus point, but it takes some practice.
    Another thing; Serated is right to say there's nothing in your wallpaper. There really isn't. No effects, nothing very eye-catching....it's just an image with things slapped onto it.

So yeah, that's my two-cents. Bear in mind this is only constructive criticism. It might be harsh, but you look like you need it, as all designers do at some point. Good luck!
    Last edited by Hautalken; 10-11-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Senior Member Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw is infamous around these parts Midnight Outlaw's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:10 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well….my wallpaper from 2004 was not accepted now… was it? And as xoxspammy said…. the blur is suppose to to make it more dramatic……

I omitted animewallpapers from the wp for the simple fact that, when posting on the forums wallpapers are suppose to be critiqued artistically and not be strained by the same restrictions and biases… as the main site. Yes…. Animewallpapers would be hosting my work hence they would be properly credited… but people don’t typically like that type of branding….. so for the hand full of people who are on the forums each day….. they get the version without it….. the thread will either be locked or deleted anyway…… your critiques are based soley on personal opinion and not artistic quality…. It sounds stupid for me to even respond. Did my other wallpaper achieve the concept I was going for?? is it spotless??? I wasn’t aware a good extraction was bad…….

My style is based on simplicity… because my desktop tend to get busy at times… I….. don’t like blending…. i like my characters vivid…..

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Outlaw View Post
    the thread will either be locked or deleted anyway…… your critiques are based soley on personal opinion and not artistic quality…. It sounds stupid for me to even respond. I….. don’t like blending…. i like my characters vivid…..
    You sir, are very amusing.
    Have you been using GIMP 1.0 all these years, btw? Or maybe something a lot more sophisticated like Imageready CS2?~~

Well….my wallpaper from 2004 was not accepted now… was it? And as xoxspammy said…. the blur is suppose to to make it more dramatic……
    xoxspammy, as far as I know, is not a designer who has been working with graphics for as long as you, nor is he an AW.com moderator. And if you could link me to 10 wallpapers of yours that were actually accepted, I will never critique your works again [I have 35 currently and will have many removed shortly].
    Here is one of mine in which I have successfully avoided the use of the motion blur filter, but have also made it look dramatic.

The brushes man!! Use the brushes!
    Last edited by Hautalken; 10-12-2010 at 03:33 AM.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

My style is based on simplicity… because my desktop tend to get busy at times… I….. don’t like blending…. i like my characters vivid…..
    Doesn't look like simplicity to me. More like... Laziness.

This is simplicity and minimalistic on a good day; http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wa...nax/item31465/
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information