AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii Discussion Thread

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Wii Discussion Thread

No, this is not a thread to talk about the latest news or to show fanboyism.

The purpose of this thread to talk about the games potential as Wii games, and how reviewers tend to grade them comparing them to PS3 and Xbox 360 games. About the former statement, it was something me and Capernicus were debating about, when the words "...For the Wii" are used. What are your thoughts about this?

Personally, like I said, a lot of Wii games are top-notch, even superior than some Xbox 360 and PS3 titles, some people put it down because they are simple Wii games, and I'm not referring to graphics-whores. People need to realize that the Wii doesn't have as much power as a PS3 or Xbox 360, nor it's disc capacity is big as it is those, so people need to give it some slack and rate it for what it can. People say that the Wii games are PS3/Xbox 360 but with lesser graphics, that's not true. There's a lot of great Wii games that will end up being better on PS3 or Wii, to test the theory, around October, when the American version of Sengoku BASARA 3 comes out, I am going to borrow it from a friend/rent the Wii version, and play it with the CCPro. To enhance my argument, this is one of the reasons the developers of No More Heroes decided that the second installment was going to be the last one for the Nintendo Wii, No More Heroes I & II are good games for the Wii but I bet the PS3 & Xbox 360 version will have better gameplay. But I'm not sure, since the American version of it's not confirmed at all, I might have to import it for the PS3 one of these days when I have money.

In the end, the Wii cannot pull it as the PS3/Xbox 360, so I actually rate it as a Wii game and not compare them to a PS3 or Xbox 360 game.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 09-11-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Senior Member Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2012 01:51 AM
    Most likely some where eating an orange or drinking Dr Pepper.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii Discussion Thread

The Wii is freaking awesome and people who don't like it, or say the graphics aren't as pretty or the games are too childish can shove it.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Now see, I got a different vibe from that interview with Suda 51, not that Desperate Struggle was the last NMH game on the Wii due to a lack of power, but more because they've done everything they can with the hardware already. Not a question of power but of creative ability. Also, Hero's Paradise has only sold slightly better(per console) than NMH in Japan, and Ubisoft has no plans to bring it to America.

Personally, I think the Wii is a console whose developer culture was largely ruined by the initial run of games, Red Steel being a great example of this. Instead of putting in time and effort into making a truly good game, many developers just go for the cheap and the lazy approaches, and many did. And by the time that we got developers putting effort and care into their gamemaking(As in Red Steel 2- which is everything the first game should've been and more), it's largely too late.

And I don't care about graphical power, I care about the art budget. Fallout 3 was released for the most powerful consoles, and you know what? It's brown, grey, and Matrix Green, with little contrast between walls, floors, and people, because it's on the most powerful systems and thus must be so realistic that it's not realistic at all! Fallout 1 had brown and grey, but there was contrast. Compare Megaton to Junktown and you'll see what I mean. Or even better, compare Megaton to any environment in Deadly Creatures: All the browns and greys and decays, but I can actually tell things apart in one of those games.

Anyway, I'm hopeful for the next generation Nintendo console. I think the mind-blowing third party support for the 3DS already indicates that the big companies don't want to toss the Nintendo slice of the market away again.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Exactly, the Wii is just limited.

When the Wii takes the same route as a PS3/Xbox 360, the results may be satisfying but it's okay compared to it's superior's consoles. Let's take Monster Hunter Tri's online as an example. It's Online was a pretty good attempt on an MMO for Wii, it's impossible to put a more solid MMO of it.

EDIT: Totally irrelevant, but I just got RickRoll'd...by cellphone. O_o

Member Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2010 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Marius56789

Not really on topic but it makes me very sad that NMH 3 won't get released states side. I love NMH 1 and 2 those are my favorite games for the Wii.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Wii is a testing ground. It's intention was originally to invite more people who wouldn't have considered themselves gamers/were too intimidated by the complexity of hardcore games to take up the hobbie.

It's supposed to be simple, because if it wasn't there's about a million+ people who wouldn't be "gamers" today. If you didn't take up video games when they were more simple then it pretty much became impossible for average Joe to pick up a PS3 controller and play Call of Duty. (at least, not without becoming incredibly frustrated.)

So sure, a lot of games on the Wii are too simple for the hardcore Nintendo base; but that doesn't change the fact that there a still a lot of really good games for it. Nintendo's next console will be better. In fact, I think that in many years we'll look back and see how the Wii saved the gaming industry by injecting floods of new people to video games, instead of just making things more and more complex and driving gamers into such a minority that it would basically fall apart.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Graphics have never been an issue for me when it came to buying a game, I mostly play for entertainment. So you can have the worst graphics just as long as the gameplay is good.

Therefore I say the Wii has some pretty interesting games. Never played NMH but I have played many other good ones (mostly Brawlins). I guess I'm just more attracted to the PS3 for its fast-pacing action-packed games.

However as of now I've been playing more oldish games during my free time, as they have managed to bring nostalgia along with a strange sensation to replay them again. Currently playing Red version and Dragon Warrior Monsters.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A perfect example of my OP would be that if someone compares 007:Goldeneye with that new 007 coming out for PS3 and Xbox 360.

But since Goldeneye was golden, I do think it would do better, so that MIGHT be a bad example, unless it turns out bad.

But if Goldeneye was ported to the PS3/Xbox 360/PC, it would do MUCH better, at least in the PC, that's how I feel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information