AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it okay for girls to make the first move?

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

Default Is it okay for girls to make the first move?

Okay, so me and YK were talking about this thing the other day, and I thought about making a thread about this. So, is it okay for girls to make the first move if she likes the guy? I know we’re in this “new generation” thing. But are there still guys out there who likes “the chase” or do they now like being chased at?

Girls and boys, I want to hear your opinions.

And oh, one more. Sigma asked me the other day too, why do some girls like guys who ignore them? I told him it’s the “challenge” of getting the guy’s attention, but that’s just me.
    How about you girls?
    Boys you can comment too about this one if you like. XD

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it okay for girls to make the first move?

I say do what suits your personality.

If you're the sort of boring old-fashioned girl with no initiative who wants a knight in shining armor to sweep you off the floor, then wait.
    If you're the sort of modern go-getter girl who would take the first initiative, then do so.

The same basic notion goes for guys.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Question number 1: Personally I like the guy to make the first move. So far thats basically worked since all of the guys I've been around have made the first move. I'm more shy so I'm not going to move first xD

Question number 2 Sigma's: It's simply that girls have something wrong with their brain. I ish in the same boat sorta. Though as Eva posted it IS a challenge indeed. But I just say we have something wrong with our brains. Besides if one of us doesn't pay attention to said person.... Who will

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Question number 1: Personally I like the guy to make the first move. So far thats basically worked since all of the guys I've been around have made the first move. I'm more shy so I'm not going to move first xD
    What if there's a just as shy guy who is afraid to make the first move?

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Shy guys. They are the problem. What if you really like the guy, and I mean really, and apparently he's this super shy in an annoying way but you can feel that he's in to you (girl's instincts). Wait for God knows until when or just step up and do your thing?

-LDR

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellxeeva View Post
    Shy guys. They are the problem. What if you really like the guy, and I mean really, and apparently he's this super shy in an annoying way but you can feel that he's in to you (girl's instincts). Wait for God knows until when or just step up and do your thing?
    Additionally, guys will be guys (intercepting subtle hints... not being the strong side of guys in general). He may be secretly in love with you, but have no idea that the feelings are mutual, and being a bit shy on top of that, let the opportunity run into the sand. That's why I say, be passive or active about it according to your personality.

Member jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712 has a reputation beyond repute jrmsweitzer712's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2010 06:29 AM
    Threads

I do believe it is okay for the girl to make the first move. It seems nowadays me and a lot of my male friends are very shy around girls. Like, we are very outgoing people, very flirtatious, but when we are alone with the girl we want to ask out, we often choke up. And the girls then seem to think the guys don't like them because the guy was too shy or nervous to ask out the girl. A lot of times they both like each other, but the girl is waiting for the guy to make a move, and the guy is too shy to do so. Then, nothing will happen at all.

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's very cool with me if a girl wants to make the first move.
    In all honesty that whole 'chase' thing gets really old after a while, especially if it's somewhat prolonged and unfortunately for any lazy guys, most girls seem to expect the guy to make a move first.
    victoria aut mors

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Yes it is perfectly fine for the ladies to make the first move. I doubt any guy would complain either, I'm sure many would happily welcome it. In my experience though these ladies aren't common.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, you know how I feel about the first one. Since I am a shy guy, I like it when the girl makes the first move. As for Sigma's question, the answer is simple. Girls are stupid.

Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

I wouldn't mind being the one chased once in a while. It gets had to find the courage to try and meet a girl when you get turned down over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    Well, you know how I feel about the first one. Since I am a shy guy, I like it when the girl makes the first move. As for Sigma's question, the answer is simple. Girls are stupid.
    Aw, here it goes!
    Last edited by Señor Nobody; 09-06-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Whats this now? We can't decide if we want to make the move or not? lol
    But if you ask me, I don't think its very lady like for a girl to fall for a guy and go gaga for them. Don't get me wrong, I get crushes but I don't want to seem overly desperate. It'll make me look pretty pathetic, so I control myself with that. Because I'd rather have the guy come after me, and of course, allowing it. xD

To answer Sigma's question: Because those girls are idiots. >_> I even wonder that, too and I'm a girl. I personally think it's stupid for a girl to like a guy that would ignore them or treat them like sh*t. They're better than that, and if I know a guy is ignoring me, he's not worth anything at all.

Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

*coughs*

Low blow, man...
    Stupid? Mind explaining that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheng Li View Post

To answer Sigma's question: Because those girls are idiots. >_> I even wonder that, too and I'm a girl. I personally think it's stupid for a girl to like a guy that would ignore them or treat them like sh*t. They're better than that, and if I know a guy is ignoring me, he's not worth anything at all.
    You got me all wrong. It's not like treating the girl sh*t and stuff. What I'm referring to are the guys who don't pay attention or don't seem to notice that certain girl. Like she's being chased at but her attention is to the guy NOT chasing her. Some girls are like that, though. XD
    Last edited by Ellxeeva; 09-06-2010 at 09:28 AM.

-LDR

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay, so me and YK were talking about this thing the other day, and I thought about making a thread about this. So, is it okay for girls to make the first move if she likes the guy? I know we’re in this “new generation” thing. But are there still guys out there who likes “the chase” or do they now like being chased at?

Girls and boys, I want to hear your opinions.

And oh, one more. Sigma asked me the other day too, why do some girls like guys who ignore them? I told him it’s the “challenge” of getting the guy’s attention, but that’s just me.
    How about you girls?
    Boys you can comment too about this one if you like. XD
    I certainly don't see the problem in girls being the one to make the first move. If they feel they like a person and it's taking too long for them to come out on their own, for whatever reason, doesn't it make sense to take the initiative on your own? After all, if you don't feel you should or it's not worth it, then perhaps your feelings for that person weren't all that strong to begin with.

As for why some girls tend to like guys who ignore them, I think it has to do with social acceptance. This is a very big part of a young girl's life and social development; and when a guy comes along, especially a 'popular' one of sorts, and ignores them, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see said girl go out of her way to try and get his attention. This isn't to say all girls are like this. If she has a strong enough will, she can go against the built-in desire for social acceptance.

"Girls are stupid?" You'll have to excuse me, but I do believe we've all long since grown out of Elementary School.

Some girls can certainly be stupid, yes, but then again so can boys in the very same respect. We're all humans and equally capable of being as idiodic or as intelligent as we so choose. Hoewever, it is an irrefutable truth in this world that one should never underestimate women. It just isn't smart. -_-
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 09-06-2010 at 09:31 AM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Of course it's alright, I got asked out by girls like twice and we went out. We didn't didn't actually hooked up, but that's a totally different story.

I actually think if two individuals like each other, the man should make the move though. Why? From my experience, girls like guys with balls and confidence.

Basically those are the guys you call assholes, or used to be assholes, like me. Bascially it's easy to notice if a girl likes you, so they ignores you to see you hurt yourself trying, which they find humorous.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 09-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, you know how I feel about the first one. Since I am a shy guy, I like it when the girl makes the first move.
    Aww. I really think it's cute, actually. >_<

Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
    Hoewever, it is an irrefutable truth in this world that one should never underestimate women. It just isn't smart. -_-
    I... actually liked the first post. The "dangerous" thing and stuff. XD

-LDR

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

*coughs*

Low blow, man...
    Stupid? Mind explaining that?

You got me all wrong. It's not like treating the girl sh*t and stuff. What I'm referring to are the guys who don't pay attention or don't seem to notice that certain girl. Like she's being chased at but her attention is to the guy NOT chasing her. Some girls are like that, though. XD
    It's kind of like that, though. xD But I've asked a few of my guy friends, especially the asshats friends I have. My answers I got from them is that they find it amusing, but they don't like it.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I... actually liked the first post. The "dangerous" thing and stuff. XD
    Women are dangerous. Very dangerous. x.X

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not all of us are. o_o

Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Women are dangerous. Very dangerous. x.X
    Oh Hoo hoo hoo. Now we're talkin' *thumbs up*

XD

It's kind of like that, though. xD But I've asked a few of my guy friends, especially the asshats friends I have. My answers I got from them is that they find it amusing, but they don't like it.
    Yeah, it's quite amusing, actually. XD
    Last edited by Ellxeeva; 09-06-2010 at 10:11 AM.

-LDR

Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not all of us are. o_o
    Perhaps not, but it's for the best to go at them with the assumption that they are until you've gotten to know them really well. Too dangerous not to.

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Perhaps not, but it's for the best to go at them with the assumption that they are until you've gotten to know them really well. Too dangerous not to.
    xD Well then, fyi I'm not that kind of girl. I don't bite. >:

Senior Member Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74 has a reputation beyond repute Mrmojorisin74's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 02:23 PM
    Threads

Sure, girls can make the first move if they want. In fact, I would kind of respect a female more if they did make the first move. I know it's an instinctual thing, male birds, bears, tigers, whatever all make the first move when it comes to mating, it's natural that humans would be the same. However, I think that we have big enough brains to move past that point if we wanted to. Humans have the capability to be more than just animal, try using your brain occasionally and not just rely on your basic animal instincts.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmojorisin74 View Post
    Sure, girls can make the first move if they want. In fact, I would kind of respect a female more if they did make the first move. I know it's an instinctual thing, male birds, bears, tigers, whatever all make the first move when it comes to mating, it's natural that humans would be the same. However, I think that we have big enough brains to move past that point if we wanted to. Humans have the capability to be more than just animal, try using your brain occasionally and not just rely on your basic animal instincts.
    While I said that it's totally fine for the girl to make the first move. Girls like guys who have balls, are confedent and independent, who leads. See how in Anime and Movies girls for that kind of guy? But yeah, is totally fine for the chick to ask out the guy.

Closed Thread

Thread Information