AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Your "perfect society" petri dish

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Your "perfect society" petri dish

Ok class, today we will be doing a 'petri dish' social experiment.

Each of you will be provided with materials to create your own "perfect society" to be -just- how you see fit.

You are allowed to make your society as simple or as elaborate* as you wish , but remember, it's your society; no one else other than your ideas. You can make the system of government/economic system/blah blah all that jazz to be anything you think would be the "best".

*(extra kudos if you try to go into a little more detail)

We all have our own ideas of how the world should be; things that should be changed; things that should be kept the same. So each of our 'perfect models' are going to look different.

There are no wrong answers here; it's 'your petri dish' so don't hold back.

Important note: this is NOT a hypothetical "what if you ruled the world" thread. this is an exercise to get a chance to see into each others minds what your "perfect world" would look like if you could make everything the way you think it should be.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 08-29-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2010 02:28 AM
    Finland, land of santa claus and good dental care.
    Threads

Default Re: Your "perfect society" petri dish

well, dunno if my post is gonna pass since the topic directions seem kinda complicated but here goes.

No need for racism, so let's add an equal portion of all ethnic backgrounds. However, only atheists are allowed into this society, since all kinds of religions are probihited. Consumption is highly regulated so that only the absolute necessities (anime and manga count as absolute necessities) are produced, rest of the resources should be directed towards scientific development, in order to make this society even better. Democracy is the way to go here, but it should be kept so that no one can stay in power for very long, (4 years or so) in order to prevent corruption. Politics should always strive towards peace and thus the army should be kept as minimal as possible, made up of mercenaries, but with the best possible technology to prevent casualties in case something does happen. Laws should have more common sense in general, for an example, gay marriage would be allowed. other than that... can't seem to think of anythin else, so i guess that's it.
    We are Pop Candy, very happy! ^--^

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your "perfect society" petri dish

Well, one of my main issues as an outsider, that would be racism. I would also like people who aren't abusive of their power, there's no tolerance for corruption. Crime rate should be very slow. I can't think of many things that could be change, at the moment.

EDIT:It would be nice too, that thing shouldn't be resolved with violence, because thanks to that, that state that we're currently at is not very good.

I have a lot of problems with this society, but they are minimum or they are just not worth caring.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 08-29-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information