AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Default Re: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes.

At present, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are merely a rumor (why anyone would start a rumor about that, I have no idea). There is really no reason to make one right now or in the very near future so long as the Pokemon from those games are still available from trading through Diamond, Pearl and Platinum (from the Pal Park), and from HeartGold and Soul Silver since the Pal Park is still available (hell, in HG/SS, the 24 hour limit that used to be in the previous games has been removed). With all of this, a remake isn't needed. That doesn't mean Nintendo won't make one, of course. Give them a few years.

Despite the some of the rather negative sentiment for Ruby and Sapphire, they were the best selling games on the GBA. They did have the lowest sales of the main Pokemon games (I'm not counting the director's cut versions like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum because for all their popularity, they only sold a few million copies per version), but only by so much. At 13 million copies, it was only 1 million copies shy of matching Gold and Silver (hardly something to laugh at). The slightly lower sales has less to do with the quality of the games (because it is still highly rated) and more to do with the fact that at the time, Pokemon had some competition: Yu-Gi-Oh.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Wolf, G/S sold 15 million copies which is 5 mil behind red and blue. If anything the pokemon series has slowly lost popularity over the years with each release selling less and less.

EDIT: I retract that, Diamond and Pearl sold 17 mil.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 08-06-2010 at 04:02 PM.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Somehow I manage to have over 40 more hours of playing Diamond then I do Ruby.
    Diamond has been lost for 2 years now (only found recently). Must have left it on for a while and walked away.

Anyway, contributing to the actual thread, I probably would buy it if they remade Ruby/Sapphire but I wouldn't actually play it. ._.

I'm not worried about not being able to play the originals since I have both the Gameboy SP and the original Nintendo DS (which I like way more than the lite).
    I've always loved the Pokemon games, but the ones on DS are crap to me.

Plus, the designs of the older Pokemon are way cuter/cooler/awesomer.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would also like to just briefly point out the fact that I actually maxed out my "time" on Emerald with 999hours and 59minutes.

Make of that what you will.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Same, stat manipulation in breeding takes forever to get max.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

The only thing I liked of the R/S/E games is the Acro Bike. Also: REMAKE YELLOW PLZ.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2010 04:23 AM
    Threads

Well, I doubt it'll be remade. YET. It's still playable on their current handheld(considering more people still own a DS then a DSi), so It'll probably be remade when their next big handheld comes out(I mean after the 3DS).

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I would also like to just briefly point out the fact that I actually maxed out my "time" on Emerald with 999hours and 59minutes.

Make of that what you will.
    Action Replay or Gameshark?

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It's not that difficult to do without a gameshark. One thousand hours is only 41.7 days. Say you play about 6 hours a day, you'll reach that in about six months. So you don't need to cheat to get it that high and why would he hack his time anyways? I've reached it just breeding the ultimate pokemon team. Which I faced against a friend once and he swore never to face me again. >.< ,

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The highest I've gotten is 500 hours in Diamond since I kept raising different pokes. Its funny because I somehow enjoy raising them more than battling. In fact, when I was little, the lazy kids that didn't like raising their pokemon used to give me five bucks for doing just that, which is why I've always loved the series. Though I haven't played it recently. Still need to finish Soulsilver.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, though it did get tedious at times when trying to get the best EV and IVs. It takes a lot of planning.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

IV's?

Its not really that tedious, you just have to be patient. If you think that's tedious then you probably won't be able to handle Dragon Warrior Monsters. Best RPG for GBC.

My pet peeve about Pkmn is HM moves. I hate the fact that you have to take a monster that knows a certain move, which means you have to rearrange your team. And most HM moves aren't helpful.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

By tedious I mean it can take multiple breedings to get them all to 31. And I've played DWM up to Tobi's/(forget the other name) Adventure. I haven't had money to try the new ones. And they only useful HM is surf.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Surf and Fly for me. The others, I could live without.
    Though, if I'm really bored and decide to explore a cave, it's always nice to have flash.

Oh, and I don't think I've ever had over 200 hours.
    Unfortunately, while I would love to play for hours on end each day, I'm limited by the fact that my mother says, "You've played it too much today. I'm taking it away."
    Then, I will not get it back for another month or so. D:

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    Action Replay or Gameshark?
    No. I really did play it that much. who knows how long I played it after that too, since I had no way to measure because it maxed out.

I had so much with the battle frontier in Emerald. I really did. Got all 7 of the silver badges. Never got as far to get the Gold ones though because I lost the game somewhere and could never find it again.. ;___;
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love pokemon for the reason as i can make my dream team of pokemon using my favorites, (I.E Pachirisu (Dont Judge me >.>) , Skitty/Delcatty (Dont judge me <.<) , Togikiss, Lucario, Wailmer/Wailord, Luvdisc (Dont judge me! >.<), Esc...) But staying on topic i hope they do make remakes of those games with more side quests and actually include more pokemon, However i dont think they should so soon because of the fact that there is no new game system coming out.

Seriously ._.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Quote Originally Posted by Kylesico912 View Post
    But staying on topic i hope they do make remakes of those games with more side quests and actually include more pokemon, However i dont think they should so soon because of the fact that there is no new game system coming out.
    Pokemon 3DS? OooooOOoOoOoooh That does sound nice, doesn't it?

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I see the 3DS possibly being popular with fans but not necessarily developers. In fact I only for see a small handful of games being made for it.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    I see the 3DS possibly being popular with fans but not necessarily developers. In fact I only for see a small handful of games being made for it.
    That depends on what your definition of "handful" is. As of now (with E3 2010 behind us), there are about 70 announced titles (from about 20 different publishers) for the 3DS (about 30 were announced at E3 alone) and the system isn't scheduled for release until the end of this fiscal year. The announced titles include:

Kingdom Hearts
    Final Fantasy
    Chocobo Racing 3D (I don't want to know)
    Mario Kart
    Animal Crossing
    Star Fox 64 3D
    Ocarina of Time 3D (get ready for a 3D water temple)
    Dynasty Warriors
    Resident Evil
    Ridge Racer (bring on the memes)
    Batman
    Assassin's Creed
    Gundam
    Harvest Moon
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
    Kid Icarus: Uprising (after seeing the trailer, this game better be available at launch or Nintendo fans will be pissed)
    3 Shin Megami Tensei games

While there are no time-frames or release dates for the games, it shows that there is a lot of interest in the system. It has cameras (and can take 3D pictures and videos), a gyroscope, a motion sensor and let's not forget the 3D (and if current trends are any indication, 3D is in). I have seen parallax barriers before (not on the 3DS of course) and the 3D is pretty good with them. I think the 3DS will have a lot of games on it and will sell pretty well.

The only thing Nintendo needs to worry about now is attacks from people who paid $190 for that freaking Nintendo DSi XL last year only to show up at E3 and find out that yet ANOTHER DS system is coming out in a few months!
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 08-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yes, but what about when they realize that they may have to release games in two formats? One for the 3DS and one for the regular if they want to reach a larger audience. I doubt 100% of DS owners will get a 3DS. I don't think even 80% will. And that could be problematic for series like FF and KH which are widely popular.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I somewhat disagree. They're throwing a crapload of big title games for all the fanboys/fangirls, and if the price is low enough, then they'll practically force them to move along by abandoning the DS/i/lite all together. With series like KH and FF, fangirls know no limit. The 3DS has a switch or something on it that changed the depth of the 3Dness as well, so if they lowered the switch to minimum, then it'll probably return to it's normal 2D state. That being said, they could release it in a format which would only play in normal on DS's but still have the ability to go full 3D on the 3DS. If it can be done, then Nintendo will do it. As far as price...I'm guessing about....eh....around $250, possibly $300, but that's at most. I can't see Nintendo pulling a Sony and making it cost $600.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I so would not pay 300 dollars for a hand held. Sorry, but that's never happening.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have to agree, $200 is my limit for a hand held. I would rather spend $300 on books~

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't pay even that. 150 is the most I'd go even then I'd wait for it to drop to 100.

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How did this topic get to Ruby and Saphire remakes to abunch of Jibber-Jabber (Couldnt find a better word >.< and im staying at my Grandpa's house and it is his favorite fraze.) On The 3DS May we go back to topic?

Seriously ._.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information