AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AnimeLyrics.com 24-Hour Challenge (08/08/10) Participation Thread

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default AnimeLyrics.com 24-Hour Challenge (08/08/10) Participation Thread

Calling all AL.com lyric submitters, you are invited to participate in the first AnimeLyrics.com 24-Hour Challenge! This event will be held on August 8. Submit as much as you can (translations for seasoned t/lers or transliterations for beginners/Lv.1s) on that date until you reach a target number, or just continue to put stuff up until the day ends!

Post a reply here if you wish to join this event. To make sure that no one else does the same lyric, you can also write down the list of lyrics you are intending to do! Remember that you can make changes to the list and edit your post before the 8th.

Event Guidelines

- Your start time is when the clock strikes 12 midnight on August 8, in your timezone. This means that different people will have different start and end times. Hence, your end time is also midnight on August 9.
    - Incomplete or double submissions do not count.
    - Your submission may take awhile to be verified into the site, so maybe you will not have all of your target number of lyrics on the site by the day's end, but putting the target number of submissions in the queue is already the achievement.
    - The optimum number of this challenge is 24, but it does not signify that you need to submit for one song at each hour.
    - Please do not simply put up lyrics that you have done beforehand (i.e. not on the day itself), that is against the spirit of this challenge.
    - If you have put down a list of lyrics on this thread, your post will be edited with the on-site links when they are up.

Hints

- For translators, if the transliteration is still not up then you are allowed to put the translit before the event date.
    - Remember that you are beating the clock and your submission can be reviewed and corrected later so do not pause on a difficult line and carry on to maybe another song. At the same time, do not put up work that is sub-standard.
    - I will be on AF Chat for consultation purposes on that date (but on my own event time period in GMT+8) but I will also be doing my own t/l list on top of putting up your submissions so whatever it is, make it quick.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask in this thread.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 08-02-2010 at 11:42 AM.

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2019 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: AnimeLyrics.com 24-Hour Challenge (08/08/10) Participation Thread

I think I will give the challenge a try. It's a good excuse to do some batch translating anyway. I'll have my list up in the next couple days.

Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Sounds good. I'll put my list up soon.
    ---

Current list:

Black★Rock Shooter: Braveheart
    Wakeshima Kanon:
    -Heroine Syndrome
    -twinkle star!
    -Toumei no Kagi
    -Marmalade Sky
    -Kuro Neko to Pianist no Tango
    -Princess Charleston
    -Tree of Sorrow
    -Celmisia
    -Otome no March
    -Shoujo Shikake no Libretto~Storytelling by Solita~

Seitokai no Ichizon:
    -Usamaro Hunter

Naruto Shippuuden:
    -if

Dir en Grey:
    -GLASS SKIN

Persona 4:
    - Heaven

Mizuki Nana:
    -Albireo

K-ON!!:
    -KIRA KIRA Days

Fourteen out of twenty-four.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 08-08-2010 at 11:48 AM.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

I'll do my best to participate, but I have to work that day so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do. While there's a lot of songs I would like to do, I won't bother with a list because I can't be sure how much I'll get to. This'll be a good excuse to finally get some translations done that I've been wanting to do, though.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Well, I found somewhere to leech internet from, so I might as well give this a shot. I'll draw up a list of songs and add it to this comment later.

ETA - okay, here goes:

Macross 7
    - New Frontier
    - Planet Dance

Hirose Kohmi
    - Promise

I've Sound
    - birthday eve
    - Close to me...
    - Collective <- omg
    - Natsukusa no Senro
    - To lose in amber

Lia
    - Natsu no Chou

m.o.v.e.
    - Super Sonic Dance

Okuda Miwako
    - Ame to Yume no Ato ni

Sakamoto Maaya
    - Mitsubachi to Kagakusha

Ever17 ~the out of infinity~
    - Namida no Komoriuta

Little Busters!
    - Little Busters!

Sakura Wars
    - Ai Yue ni
    - Tsubasa
    - Watashi no Aozora

Sakura Wars 2
    - Icarus no Hoshi

Sakura Wars 3
    - Heroica ~Eiyuu Densetsu~

Sakura Wars V
    - Kagayaku Seiza
    - Butai -playing-

Vocaloid Original
    - re_Cycle
    - Sad Song
    - Suna Ue no Yumekui Shoujo

I'm probably not going to get a fraction of this done, but whatever. (And I'm neglecting Sound Horizon again, but speed-translating their songs strikes me as a Very Bad Idea.)
    Last edited by AzureDark; 08-08-2010 at 08:36 PM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Last edited by AzureDark; 08-08-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Since I didn't get back home until like 11 pm today, I kinda missed the whole thing...

But hey, I transliterated and translated TWO songs in 2 hours just now. That's one more than how many I usually do in one sitting, haha. I might do one more right now... (just in the spirit of this event)
    Last edited by animeyay; 08-08-2010 at 01:08 AM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay
    Since I didn't get back home until like 11 pm today, I kinda missed the whole thing...
    Huh what? It's on Sunday. Me and a few others start early because we're on the other side of the world.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Phew, done with two hours to spare! I actually had all my translations done at 7:30 PM, but my laptop battery ran out and I had to go home and let it charge for a while. The battery-life aspect added a whole new dimension to the challenge, I have to say.

I did notice that a couple of the songs I translated needed their translits fixed too; I'll go post corrected ones in the appropriate forum now.

By the way, Azu, if you don't mind my posting corrections for my mess-ups on the challenge songs here, the first word in the first line of re_Cycle is just "kanjaku" (I don't know what happened there), and in Collective I seem to have typed "flower" where I meant "flour"... twice. (ETA: Come to think of it, "powder" is probably a better translation than "flour" anyway.) I'm sure I'll find more errors later, given how fast I did these and how minimal my proofreading was -- but I'll PM you for those.

ETA: Also I submitted something twice. Alas, my perfect zero rejections!
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 08-08-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Sunday now?! Okay, I do have a party to attend today, but that means I can do a few more songs then. Yay!

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

That concludes the 2010 edition of the AL 24 Hour Challenge! Only three contributors managed to make the target 24 lyrics. Nevertheless, it was a wholly fun experience, and I would like to thank all participants and also those of you who have made this possible, on behalf of all the staff of AnimeLyrics.com.

To commemorate the success for this year's AL24HC, those who have completed the challenge are presented with a Stopwatch from the AF Shop. To the rest, please try again next year, because you bet it will be held again sometime in 2011!
    Last edited by AzureDark; 08-09-2010 at 08:02 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Out of curiosity, who was the third person to complete the challenge?

Also, Azu, I wanted to say thanks for hosting this, as it were. It must've been a lot of work to keep up with others' submissions while participating in the challenge yourself.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

From that day's submissions it's easy to check actually but it was Natto. *cough*...

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

... wow, I actually had no idea that there was a listing of recent submissions. Well, congrats to her too!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information