AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Learning to draw...?

Junior Member jakkaru is on a distinguished road jakkaru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2010 02:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Learning to draw...?

I've always liked the style of anime and manga, but I can't seem to draw at all, which sucks because it seems all of my friends, even the ones that aren't really in to anime, are able to draw it perfectly with little effort or time. If I ask them how they draw, I always get one of three replies:
    -"I dunno, I just can...?"
    -"Practice"
    -"Because I'm MAGIC [and/or] AWESOME!!"

As you can guess, the only one that's any help is "practice," but "practice" is kinda vague.... So does anyone have any advice on how to start drawing for a person with pretty much no drawing experience? The only time I can ever really draw anything is if I try to copy a drawing, which takes a few tries and never comes out too well....

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

Default Re: Learning to draw...?

Hmm... some tips i guess, pay close attention to detail

the lines, the shapes

the distance between the lines, the curves

shading - though you can practice on this one later on

say, why don't you post some of your drawings and let's see what may be the problem is?

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

Junior Member jakkaru is on a distinguished road jakkaru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2010 02:36 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ellxeeva View Post
    Hmm... some tips i guess, pay close attention to detail

the lines, the shapes

the distance between the lines, the curves

shading - though you can practice on this one later on

say, why don't you post some of your drawings and let's see what may be the problem is?
    Err, I didn't actually keep any of my attempts at drawing, mostly out of embarrassment. I guess I should start doing that...? :P
    If you gave me a picture that you think would be good for someone who sucks at drawing to practice on, I could try to draw it and post my results.

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaru View Post
    Err, I didn't actually keep any of my attempts at drawing, mostly out of embarrassment. I guess I should start doing that...? :P
    If you gave me a picture that you think would be good for someone who sucks at drawing to practice on, I could try to draw it and post my results.
    Hmmm.. okay, but I'm no expert here ok, but maybe i can help a it

start with this one: buttercup, maybe a bit lame but it's a good one to start practicing on:

and after that, try Doraemon:

and then try Luffy:

Just remember that practice makes perfect. I'm not that good myself but I know I;m improving somehow... So, I know you can do it!

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

Member minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2014 06:57 AM
    Threads

who ever mentioned "practice" is correct. practice doesnt make perfect, but it sure makes better. my first drawing(from elementary) were stick figures. play around with them, draw them in different poses and what not. then added some clothings and thats pretty much how i started. if u really like the anime/manga style..i dont think its that difficult. pretty much any character with giant big eyes are almost considered an anime type drawing?? i think?? but dont expect to get it right the first time. i look back at my old drawings and think to myself "man, was i really that bad of an artist" but it got me to how good i am today so....good luck and practice

Junior Member adam123 is on a distinguished road adam123's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 03:23 AM
    Threads

hi all, i want to learn the new drawing techniques which used in modern sketching.is there any online institute available which can guide us on line.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information