AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Revolutionary Girl Utena

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2004 04:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I have been looking over forums, fansites, etc, and not a whole lot of people have seen my favorite anime Utena.

Has ANYONE other than me seen it and if you have, what do you think of it? Good, bad?

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

If it cannot break out of it's shell the chick will die without being born. We are the chick, the world is our egg, if we do not break out of our shells, we too will die without truely being born. Smash the worlds shell... for the revolution of the world.

Ask any old skool member here and they will tell you, I am a big big big Utena fan. Bar the dark war drama of the original Mobile Suit Gundam series, Utena is probally my favourite anime.

The deep, yet mysteriously abstract symbolysim used in the movie and far more effectively in the TV series was just so so damn good. Oh yeah, and Tsuchiya Ruka and Sononda Keiko ruled.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2004 12:55 AM
    Threads

I see it in stores and I like whoa this looks hot but I want the WHOLE collecton's not bits and pieces so they can take my money. :^_^:
    {Some are born great,
    Some achieve greatness,
    And some have greatness thrust upon them}

-Girl Sesshomaru-

Senior Member Candy-chan is on a distinguished road Candy-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2004 05:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

im not into gay anime......no i am not homophobic&#33;&#33;&#33; its just that man, u dnt need to draw girls all touchy together...and she stole my pink hair >_<

Junior Member Sutekihime Sutekihime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2005 01:08 PM
    Threads

I liked this anime` and it&#39;s music^^...the movie was good too^^...I still gotta finish the series though.lol..haven&#39;t had time but I like it so far

http://sutekihime.deviantart.com/gallery/
    &quot;Art is a freedom of expression, not a freedom of choice nor obligation to perfect one&#39;s view&quot;-Sutekihime

Junior Member HikariChan HikariChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2004 11:06 AM
    Threads

i love utena&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Utena is great during the first 13 episodes, but once you reach the Black Rose Saga (Eps 14-24) it becomes incredible and the Ohtori and Apocolypse Sagas (Eps 25 onwards) it will blow your mind.

Digital Plague Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2006 06:47 PM
    Threads

Utena is the best girl kicking butt show ever girls with swords are the coolest and I don&#39;t really care if their gay or not god that how the plot of the story is and yeah it is the best ever
    bang wowowo

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2004 06:13 PM
    Threads

It is relly cool&#33; I have a really large collection of anime DVDs. And couple of them are Revolutonary Girl Utena&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Senior Member Sohma-chan is an unknown quantity at this point Sohma-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2004 09:52 PM
    Threads

Loved it when Utena was going to fight and she&#39;ll walk up the stairs to the dueling arena and the song would come on.
    "Absalute Destiny, Apocolypse"

YOU GO GIRL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

<span id="ad6d84798caef094829e5c80010e71fb">&quot;My love is forever more&quot;</span><SCRIPT language="JavaScript">animate('ad6d84798caef094829 e5c80010e71fb', 'white');</SCRIPT>

Digital Plague Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia has a spectacular aura about Seyia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2006 06:47 PM
    Threads

Originally posted by Sohma&#045;chan@Apr 11 2004, 08:29 PM
    Loved it when Utena was going to fight and she&#39;ll walk up the stairs to the dueling arena and the song would come on.
    "Absalute Destiny, Apocolypse"

YOU GO GIRL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I like that part to when i&#39;m watching it and then when it comes on i&#39;ll stop dong whatever i&#39;m doing and watch it
    bang wowowo

Senior Member Sohma-chan is an unknown quantity at this point Sohma-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2004 09:52 PM
    Threads

I agree with you Seyia 100%
    Mybe I should rephase this I love all of Utena songs. When the song come on I just have to sing-a-long. :lol:
    It is just so hard to find good anime music theses days{sobs}
    Seyia where did you get that Sailor pic I never seen that cat character before well
    I haven&#39;t watch passed where they meet The Salior outer-planets.

<span id="ad6d84798caef094829e5c80010e71fb">&quot;My love is forever more&quot;</span><SCRIPT language="JavaScript">animate('ad6d84798caef094829 e5c80010e71fb', 'white');</SCRIPT>

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The cat pics are of Sailor Tin Nyanko, one of the villains in the Sailor Stars (5th) Season.

And as for Utena, I never really cared for the Zettai Umnei Mokishiroku stair climbing stock footage. Until the brilliantly choreographed 3rd version (Episodes 25+ [the Otori arc]) where its in the Gondola/Elevator, although its really trippy with the whole rose garden in the elevator and the car headlights it has the best remix of the song hands down.

Senior Member Shinkono Kokoro is an unknown quantity at this point Shinkono Kokoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2004 07:54 PM
    Threads

I&#39;ve seen Utena. ^__^ I&#39;ve read the entire manga and it&#39;s pretty good. I like it a lot. A little out there, maybe, but a good story non-the-less and good art. ^__^ I like the art. ^__^ Very nice.
    And the music played, singing to the hearts of lovers, the hearts of men, and the hearts of women...

Family:
    Husband- Noir
    Step-father- Mecha-Griever
    Little sisters- ~~~fedelicious~~~, LunaGirl, riku_niwa Female_hitokiri, Psycho_girl, and MojoJojo
    Older sisters- Ganmour-slayer
    Brother-in-law- Leo Seta
    Niece- Naru16
    Cousin- Demorg
    Aunt- Fragile_1

Senior Member Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji has much to be proud of Saionji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 11:12 PM
    Threads

I saw the whole thing on Japanese laserdisc before Software Sculptures or even fansubbers even thought of bringing it over. Years ago. But yeah, I even cosplayed as Saionji at Anime North 2000 and I met the creator of the manga, and the anime at CN Anime 2000. Sweet deal&#33;

Closed Thread

Thread Information