AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime you would never watch

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

Default Re: Anime you would never watch

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Not really, I tend to watch a lot of cold file case shows. So it's hard not to think of things like that from time to time.
    That's what you get when you watch too much Dexter(in my case).

I also do the same,it's very hard not to.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

................................... o.o
    *slowly backs away from forum members*

Senior Member ~Fallen~Angel~ is on a distinguished road ~Fallen~Angel~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Soul Eater Logo Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Super Ko Rider

........thank goodness this is not IRL *sigh of relief*

You find life unfair? Try being and egg. You only get laid once, you only get eaten once, it takes four minutes to get hard, but only two to get soft, you share a box with eleven other guys, but what's worse was the only chick to sit on you is your mom!

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_birthday View Post
    yu yu hakusho.....it looks so stupid
    Why, I found it pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy2116 View Post
    I gonna have to say Strike Witches. If I can't make it through the first 5 mins of the anime cause of the outfits they're wearing then I know its not for me
    I see you couldn't take the numerous panty shots of the anime. That's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Moeblob shows. I like stories, and progression, and thought, and female leads that aren't completely objectified little girls so as to attract a 20+ male audience that is attracted to naive, ditsy, semi-retarded children they want to coddle.

Lolicon shows. I'm not a pedophile. I like stories, and progression, and thought, and not the pantyshots and nudity of 10 year old girls.

School Fantasy. Sure, we all watched these at one point or another. You have some kids in highschool, and its just another generic drama/romance/comedy show, but with a theme tacked on to it. Magic (To Aru Majutsu no Index), lesbians (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun), summons (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu), mages (Negima and a large assortment of others), martial arts (too may to count), bla bla bla. They've become to anime what sitcoms are to US primetime.
    Hey, how people supposed to make money these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    Anime like K-on!
    You either hate music or the anime itself. I found it pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by .Lali View Post
    I couldnt watch any ecchi anime or yuri. I just couldnt, no offense to anyone though! ><; I really hate mecha anime too...boring shows about robots, magic spell cards...crap like that.
    Then what do you watch? If there is anyting to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordin Phantomhive View Post
    Cowboy Bebop.
    You have officially achieved noob status. Big noob status.

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Well, I never like to swear off one anime genre completely because I really believe that any genre has its gems.

But I will not watch:

*Hentai
    *Mech shows from the 60s-70s.
    *Anything designed by Peter Chung. Like Reign The Conqueror. Dude, your art....WTF?
    *Fist of the North Star and shows like that. Ugly men beating the crap out of other ugly men just does not appeal to me. XD
    *Male-crossdressing shows....you know, the type where it's all pretty girls in frilly dresses on the cover, then the synopsis explains that everyone is MALE and you go WTF.

AND while I understand that lolicon makes people uncomfortable and I respect that, I'd really like to point out that
    Enjoying a lolicon show does NOT mean you're a child-raping PEDOPHILE, dammit.
    I'm not a lolicon. I'm not even a guy. I am a straight, female young adult, who loves cute things, drama, realism, emotional situations, and sweet relationships of all types (family, romantic, friendship etc). If a lolicon series has these things to offer me, then yes, I will be watching it, thank you.

Addressing the whole "Bebop" debate:

......it's overrated. XD I'm sorry but it is! And sometimes it's really boring. Sometimes it's REALLY depressing. Gimme Outlaw Star over Bebop ANY day!!

ROFL OMG SO hard to get through that!! It was like a bad dream. XD But I made it and I'd like them to make a T-shirt saying "I Survived The Endless Eight". lol

*twitches*

Adorable if it was a GIRL!! Get it away from ME!! XD It's creepy!! It's creepy for a boy to have big wide eyes, flowing lavender hair and don't even get me STARTED ON THOSE CURVY HIPS.

BOYS' HIPS SHOULD NOT BE CURVY.
    EVER.

Sorry, I prefer my adorable boys to LOOK like adorable boys.
    Please describe you adorable boys and give me a picture of you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitomon View Post

THAT'S A BOY?! *BRAIN EXPLODES*

To answer the question:

I don't watch anime that have games based on it. Like Gundam and FMA. Why? Becasue the games have the tendency to suck, badly. Animes are just making themselves look bad these days.

Example: "Battle Assult 3 Featuring Gundam Seed" got a 2 out of 5 for poor controls and cut down storyline while "Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire" got a 1 out of 5 for being the worst game ever in every aspect and every catagory. Here's proof: http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/31329/mobi...ssfire/review/. Games and anime like that make me shake my head in disappointment, especially when it was one of the PS3's launch titles. There are exceptions however, Disgisa and Valkaryia Chronicles, but they don't interest me. If they however, do surpass the bigger, better, best, and more popular titles like MW1 and 2, Gears Series, Halo Series, Burnout Series, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rock Band, The Orange Box, etc., then maybe, just maybe, I'll pick it up.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 07-14-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    To answer the question:

I don't watch anime that have games based on it. Like Gundam and FMA. Why? Becasue the games have the tendency to suck, badly. Animes are just making themselves look bad these days.

Example: "Battle Assult 3 Featuring Gundam Seed" got a 2 out of 5 for poor controls and cut down storyline while "Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire" got a 1 out of 5 for being the worst game ever in every aspect and every catagory. Here's proof: http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/31329/mobi...ssfire/review/. Games and anime like that make me shake my head in disappointment, especially when it was one of the PS3's launch titles. There are exceptions however, Disgisa and Valkaryia Chronicles, but they don't interest me. If they however, do surpass the bigger, better, best, and more popular titles like MW1 and 2, Gears Series, Halo Series, Burnout Series, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rock Band, The Orange Box, etc., then maybe, just maybe, I'll pick it up.
    Why would you not watch a series just because they based a game off of it? I would understand if you said "A series based off a game" but I don't understand how having a game makes you not want to watch it. >.>

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's extremely retarded logic, Light Buster. If an anime has a game based on it, it in no way reflects the quality of a game. Now if you meant you wouldn't watch an anime based on a video game I would understand, about 80% of vg based anime suck.

Member oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805 has a reputation beyond repute oigrrrl805's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2012 12:42 PM
    Threads

I would stay away from hentai too. It just seems weird and wrong.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sev121993 View Post
    Why would you not watch a series just because they based a game off of it? I would understand if you said "A series based off a game" but I don't understand how having a game makes you not want to watch it. >.>
    It's like himuliating yourself. You should never make a game based on an anime if you can't make it good. Otherwise, you're just making a bad example of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    That's extremely retarded logic, Light Buster. If an anime has a game based on it, it in no way reflects the quality of a game. Now if you meant you wouldn't watch an anime based on a video game I would understand, about 80% of vg based anime suck.
    IMO, it does. It can reflect change people's minds like mine. Like I said before, it's like making a bad example of yourself. My suggestion about it if you're going to make a video game based on an anime, make it good beyond expectations or don't make it at all.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    It's like himuliating yourself. You should never make a game based on an anime if you can't make it good. Otherwise, you're just making a bad example of yourself.

IMO, it does. It can reflect change people's minds like mine. Like I said before, it's like making a bad example of yourself. My suggestion about it if you're going to make a video game based on an anime, make it good beyond expectations or don't make it at all.
    It's still horrible logic...Do you realize that nearly EVERY anime has a game based off of it? You're narrowing your selection down to-like-almost nothing by claiming this garbage. o_o
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    It's still horrible logic...Do you realize that nearly EVERY anime has a game based off of it? You're narrowing your selection down to-like-almost nothing by claiming this garbage. o_o
    Really now? Not EVERY anime is going to have games based on it. It'll be very stupid and it'll be very dumb because it'll only cause more problems.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Yeah, not every anime has a game based off of it. I can name forty that don't. Though at the same time, the ones that do have games based off of them tend to be average at best.

EDIT: Don't count visual novels. Those tend to come first and the anime/manga second. Though at the same time very few anime are based off of visual novels.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 07-16-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Does NO one know how to read properly? I said NEARLY every one. Jeevas Matt....::face palms:: I know not every one has a game. I'm not that stupid.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2011 10:12 PM
    Threads

I'm generally open to watching anything once. However, there are somethings I said I won't watch, and those are usually things like Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu or Atashinchi. Oh, and the remake of Astro-Boy. I hate Astro-Boy so much.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

14. Dislikes Crossover Senshi Godaiger disliked this post
    Senior Member Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon has a brilliant future Yukitomon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 07:48 PM
    Threads

*digivolves to Yuemon* *places magical forcefield over 小美ドクロchan*

Originally Posted by Doom85
    Higurashi Kagoma - I hope you gave Miyazaki another chance besides just Howl's, since most fans agree that that was his weakest film.
    Not to be too picky...but it's KagomE. Not Kagoma... 6^^

Anyway...To answer your question: Yes, I've seen Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away and Monoke Hime-and to be perfectly honest I didn't like any of them...'_'
    Did you watch Ponyo? That is made by Miyazaki, right?
    Last edited by Yukitomon; 07-19-2010 at 10:40 AM.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitomon View Post
    Did you watch Ponyo? That is made by Miyazaki, right?
    Yes it is.

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'll also never watch stuff made from Miyazaki personally.

Senior Member SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena has a reputation beyond repute SupaWeena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2010 11:13 PM
    How do you know if a blonde tried to commit suicide? Gunshots in the mirror
    Threads

beyblade... I spit in it's direction
    ~When Life Gives You Lemons.....Write Them Down....Then Hide Behind The couch From Your Mom~

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SupaWeena View Post
    beyblade... I spit in it's direction
    I make sure to get a good clean shot at anime I hate myself, instead of blindly aiming in it's direction. If you're gonna spit at a bad anime, you have to put your heart into it.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    I'll also never watch stuff made from Miyazaki personally.
    Why not? o.o Princess Mononoke is awesome and to your taste, I think.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Why not? o.o Princess Mononoke is awesome and to your taste, I think.
    Is most of his films associated with Disney? Becuase from the stuff I've seen of the trailers they are part of Disney,and anything that is made by Disney,I do not watch.

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    Is most of his films associated with Disney? Becuase from the stuff I've seen of the trailers they are part of Disney,and anything that is made by Disney,I do not watch.
    Wow, if you're going to disregard practically a dozen films, you should really do your research first. Disney has NOTHING to do with the production of Miyazaki films, or any anime films for that matter, they simply license the movies (most of them, Princess Mononoke was licensed by Sony and Miyazaki's Lupin the III film was licensed by Manga Entertainment). Dinsey DOES do the English dubs for the film, however A) even most sub-only fans recognize that the dubs are really good, and B) the DVDs, as always, have the Japanese track as well so you can just ignore the dub if you wish.

Also, completely ignoring every Disney film? No Tarzan? No Lion King? No Jungle Book? No Peter Pan? No Great Mouse Detective? No Pirates (at least the first one)? And so and so forth.....good lord, please don't tell me you're ignoring Pixar as well.

Unless you just can't stand films that are rather G or PG, but that's just silly IMHO. Many of those films with that rating have more quality, intelligence and maturity (real maturity, not "OMG, blood and boobs = mature!" nonsense) than a good deal of R-rated films out there. Seriously, Miyazaki is a wonderful storyteller, you should give him a chance. I recommend starting with Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, or his Lupin the III film (Castle of Cagliostro).
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Senior Member ~Fallen~Angel~ is on a distinguished road ~Fallen~Angel~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Soul Eater Logo Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Super Ko Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Doom85 View Post
    Wow, if you're going to disregard practically a dozen films, you should really do your research first. Disney has NOTHING to do with the production of Miyazaki films, or any anime films for that matter, they simply license the movies (most of them, Princess Mononoke was licensed by Sony and Miyazaki's Lupin the III film was licensed by Manga Entertainment). Dinsey DOES do the English dubs for the film, however A) even most sub-only fans recognize that the dubs are really good, and B) the DVDs, as always, have the Japanese track as well so you can just ignore the dub if you wish.

Also, completely ignoring every Disney film? No Tarzan? No Lion King? No Jungle Book? No Peter Pan? No Great Mouse Detective? No Pirates (at least the first one)? And so and so forth.....good lord, please don't tell me you're ignoring Pixar as well.

Unless you just can't stand films that are rather G or PG, but that's just silly IMHO. Many of those films with that rating have more quality, intelligence and maturity (real maturity, not "OMG, blood and boobs = mature!" nonsense) than a good deal of R-rated films out there. Seriously, Miyazaki is a wonderful storyteller, you should give him a chance. I recommend starting with Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, or his Lupin the III film (Castle of Cagliostro).
    wait didn't disney sponsor ponyo? and miyazaki made ponyo, so he might sometimes work with disney for the sponsoring money.

You find life unfair? Try being and egg. You only get laid once, you only get eaten once, it takes four minutes to get hard, but only two to get soft, you share a box with eleven other guys, but what's worse was the only chick to sit on you is your mom!

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by otakuken View Post
    wait didn't disney sponsor ponyo? and miyazaki made ponyo, so he might sometimes work with disney for the sponsoring money.
    Butcher was concerned about if the movies were MADE by Disney. Even if they are sponsored by Disney (which I have trouble believing, I mean it could be the truth, but to say Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki are fairly popular in Japan would be an understatement), that still wouldn't change the fact that Disney has no influence in the production of these movies.
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

THIS. <3

Great Mouse Detective freakin rocks my socks. XD

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I even hated Disney when I was young. What replaced Disney was Power Rangers,which I loved when I was a child,AND got me into loving action. I tried Spirited Away,and hated it,and Ponyo...My god I know I won't like it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information