AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What books did you grow up reading?

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What books did you grow up reading?

As for children's books, "The Popcorn Shop" was one of my favorites. I also liked "The Princess and the Pea," "The Velveteen Rabbit," "The Giving Tree" and anything by Dr. Seuss. My parents bought me the entire series of "Junie B. Jones" to read. I loved them. As I got older, I was big on poetry so I read more of Shel Silverstein's books like "Where the Sidewalk Ends." In third grade, my teacher read "Poppy" to the class and I still love that book. She also read us "Little House on the Praire" books and Roald Dahl books. When Goosebumps was popular I became apart of the craze, of course. My older brother had a lot of the volumes. There's only one more I can think of, a book I read again recently, and it's Neil Gaiman's "Coraline." The book is way better than the movie, by the way.

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

The books I grew up reading were Harry Potter, Eragon, some of Shakespeare's pieces, Edgar Allen Poe's pieces, The Navigator Trilogy, The Artemis Fowl series, The Star Wars X-Wing series, Myst: Book of Atrus, Myst: Book of Ti'ana, and Myst: Book of D'ni, The Young Wizard's Series, The Warriors series, and tons of other books

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

I rarely read any books that were not series, actually kind of the same today. Just one book doesnt usually cut it for me, I like getting background and character development.

What I grew up with reading
    Hobbit
    Lord of the Rings
    Guardians of the Flame Series
    Anything to do with Arthurian legends
    Thieves World Series
    Thomas Covenent Series
    Dragonriders of Pern Series
    There was another series about Dragonriders and cant remember.
    Dragonlance series

Those are off top of my head. I used to read a lot more than I do now. I pretty much always had a book I was reading

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Basically Harry Potter (all of them) and Lord of the Rings, so as the associated stories as Hobbit and Silmarillon, and also some others from Agatha Christie and the collection "Uma Aventura" (portuguese books)

(I mostly played Pokemon on GameBoy, not much time left for reading xD)

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Junior Member chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88 has a reputation beyond repute chrys_88's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Tambourine
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2012 09:35 AM
    Threads

I grew up reading Enid Blyton's and they are partly responsible for my strange imaginations. I love her stories, they are so original

In my teens, I used to hang around bookstores and read everything in the Teenager section which was a lot o.o;;

Then, became a Harry Potter fanatic when OOTP came out. Back then, I was like a walking encyclopedia, haha! Ah, the good old times.

Now, with uni, am so busy that I hardly get any fiction novels read.

Member Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi has a reputation beyond repute Natsushi's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 07:43 AM
    Threads

Diary Of a Wimpy Kid I really like the series and how it describes a kid's life and how he thinks and all this.

"Natsushi is the next Mizukage, so show some respect!"
    Tumblr - dedicated to Naruto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information