AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Before reading, know that I am a huge Zelda fan.

I've been greatly anticipating the release of this game for quite some time, and after looking at the gameplay videos...I'm extremely disappointed.

The graphics look like a mix of Twilight Princess and the Windwaker trilogy...but very very very poorly mixed, it just looks flat out bad.

The gameplay looks like Nintendo is making SS a Zelda-based Wii Sports Resort. Instead of classic swordplay and utilizing cool items to take down enemies, what I've seen so far has been 'raise you shield and deflect the enemie's attack!' 'draw a circle with the wiimote to defeat the monster!' among other things.

Only good news I've heard is that it's not coming out until 2011, so I'm reeeeally hoping they change a lot...but they still haven't released enough stuff for anyone to have an accurate opinion, so I could be completely wrong about this game. (I hope so)

/endsemiinformativerant
    Last edited by Skylar1; 12-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Sadly, that'll be the first Zelda I wont ever be able to play. I have no desire to own a Wii. It just doesn't hold my interest. The game does look like fun though.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How did you play Twilight Princess?

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That was released on both the Wii and the GameCube.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

-RaShayRitto

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Personally I like the new look, but to me it looks more like a mix of Windwaker and Ocarina of Time. Either way, I almost died after watching the trailer. For some reason, I don't like the title. Skyward Sword just....doesn't have that ring to it like "Twilight Princess" or "Majora's Mask". But in anycase, between this and Metroid: Other M, I'm not sure which I'm more excited for @_@.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Definitely Other M for me =/ Team Ninja seems to be keeping up with Retro Studios =D

-RaShayRitto

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

@TheThunderBringer, I think the point of the trailer was to show the new combat witch IMO always felt awkward on the 3D games, and it does show link using items e.g. using that flying bug to carry the bomb. Also its pretty hard to show the classic puzzle solving in trailers.

I like the graphics, I prefer vibrant colours to the usual 5000 shades of grey you get with alot of games on the Ecks Bocks & PS3.

I think its too early to say what the games going to be like since a huge part of a Zelda game is about dungeon design but so far I like the look of the combat system and the inventory looks much better and faster than the usual pause and select.

If anyone was wondering where the name comes from:
    "The name Skyward Sword comes from the fact you can hold the sword up to the sky and throw sun beams at enemies."

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think the point of the trailer was to show the new combat witch IMO always felt awkward on the 3D games, and it does show link using items e.g. using that flying bug to carry the bomb. Also its pretty hard to show the classic puzzle solving in trailers.
    The items look like they're forcing the Wii's newly improved motion sensing, which seems like it could end up being too kiddy instead of actually useful. The TP trailer reeeeally got me excited, though, even without puzzle solving.

I like the graphics, I prefer vibrant colours to the usual 5000 shades of grey you get with alot of games on the Ecks Bocks & PS3
    I actually reeeally liked the artstyle of Twilight Princess, it was more serious and made the games a but spookier, which I really liked. Not to say I didn't like Windwaker's cell-shaded art style, I'd just rather the console Zelda's stay TP style. And I think they mixed cell-shaded and OoT graphics poorly...I'd rather them just have made it one or the other ><

I think its too early to say what the games going to be like since a huge part of a Zelda game is about dungeon design but so far I like the look of the combat system and the inventory looks much better and faster than the usual pause and select.
    Yeah, I think I 'reviewed' it too roughly for what they've released (not much). But I was expecting to like it, and I really didn't =/

-RaShayRitto

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

I don't see why people are shocked and disappointed by the graphics. It's a Wii, it's Zelda, and there's never been a bad Zelda game.

The graphics are just what I expected. If anything, they look quite better than Twilight Princess. We should wait getting all excited about an issue like this until we see more gameplay.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I thought the game itself looked ok, although I wish they would have revealed a little bit more about the story. I am not too excited about the controls, though. I usually like to play Zelda after a tough day of school or after a good work out, but with that game I wouldn't get the relaxation that I would with all the other zelda games I've played. =/

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

I really like the look. Reminds me very much of Majora's Mask when you go to the swamp area. The use of the sword looks fun but I feel a but let down with the items. Really felt they could have added more.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it looks fine. I liked the darker and serious TP art style, but I'm also a fan of bright and colorful. And as for the new Motion+ controls, well, if Ubisoft can make the sword fighting work in Red Steel 2, there is absolutely no reason to think that Shiggy can't do it just as good or even better.

And besides, they're there to show off the new controls. What, you think they're going to get up there and say, "Oh look, Zelda dungeons!" ?

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    Before reading, know that I am a huge Zelda fan.

I've been greatly anticipating the release of this game for quite some time, and after looking at the gameplay videos...I'm extremely disappointed.

The graphics look like a mix of Twilight Princess and the Windwaker trilogy...but very very very poorly mixed, it just looks flat out bad.

The gameplay looks like Nintendo is making SS a Zelda-based Wii Sports Resort. Instead of classic swordplay and utilizing cool items to take down enemies, what I've seen so far has been 'raise you shield and deflect the enemie's attack!' 'draw a circle with the wiimote to defeat the monster!' among other things.

Only good news I've heard is that it's not coming out until 2011, so I'm reeeeally hoping they change a lot...but they still haven't released enough stuff for anyone to have an accurate opinion, so I could be completely wrong about this game. (I hope so)

/endsemiinformativerant
    Oh man, more zelda ... and I still haven't beaten the very first one plus a bunch of other ones yet. @__@

But, as for the video, it's only a debut trailer. The final product might be better.

It looks interesting so far, though.

Member truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2011 10:12 PM
    Threads

All that's been shown of Skyward Sword is a small portion and graphics that have yet to be fine-tuned. Personally, I think it looks great and can't wait to play it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Possibly some Zelda DLC coming your way?
    Source

I'm not really sure how DLC can work for Zelda, but an online multiplayer might be fun. Maybe downloadable dungeons and weapons or something...

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

They could always add optional dungeons. Not sure how items would work since they'd be limited to those dungeons unless it's a weapon of some sort. Other then that I can't think of anything. Except, possibly, little mini adventures.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I... don't think I can see Shiggy getting behind DLC, except perhaps by releasing a serial game... but then why not just develop everything at once and release it at once? I mean come on, like Nintendo is ever going to force him to rush a game out of the door.

But online co-op is just fine by me. Heck, even offline co-op is fine by me now. I mean DSes and Wiis are so common I'm surprised Nintendo didn't make a next-gen sequel to Four Swords. It could work.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

The JUNKFOOD EXPERT
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2010 10:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    Possibly some Zelda DLC coming your way?
    Source

I'm not really sure how DLC can work for Zelda, but an online multiplayer might be fun. Maybe downloadable dungeons and weapons or something...

DLC would be alright but I dont know if a online multiplayer would work...I mean how will it work? I don't see Zelda being an online multiplayer but hey it would be a different concept. But if it would be co-op then that would be awesome.
    Last edited by LOVE STUFF; 06-30-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    "Nothing’s gonna take us down"

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

For multiplayer, think Four Swords. You both cooperate to solve puzzles and back-stab to steal rupees.

The JUNKFOOD EXPERT
    LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    For multiplayer, think Four Swords. You both cooperate to solve puzzles and back-stab to steal rupees.
    Yeah,I know that but the four swords was pretty I don't know how to say....It was lame,I mean why use different colors of link. I'm thinking they should make different useable characters if they really did make it online, which I doubt it.
    Last edited by LOVE STUFF; 06-30-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I didn't mind that. I thought Four Swords was rather fun. Seems I'm the only one.

The JUNKFOOD EXPERT
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    I didn't mind that. I thought Four Swords was rather fun. Seems I'm the only one.
    Every other person have their own taste. But my opinion really doesn't matter. Hopefully the new zelda game turns out good.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Don't get me wrong I understand what you're getting at. But in order to do that you would need multiple copies of a dungeon to add more difficulty due to the increase in people playing. That'd take up a lot of space and I'm not sure how much a Wii CD holds. As for different characters. People like Zelda would have to be out since it'd make no sense story wise.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Cars View Post
    I don't see why people are shocked and disappointed by the graphics. It's a Wii, it's Zelda, and there's never been a bad Zelda game.
    Well not a bad official zelda game. (You all know exactly what I'm talking about)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information