AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impending Doom

U N D Y I N G Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon has a reputation beyond repute Khon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 01:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1720-1178-3246

Default Impending Doom

Band: Impending Doom
    Genre: Metal/Deathcore/Hardcore/Christian
    Songs I Like: Anything Goes, More Than Conquerors, My Nemesis, When I Speak, Welcome to Forever, The Great Fear, well most of the songs in general
    Songs that are popular:More Than Conquerors, My Nemesis, Silence the Oppressors
    Difficulty in finding; should be easy enough
    Bands Site: http://www.myspace.com/impendingdoom
    Albums: Nailed.Dead.Risen.(2008);The Serpent Servant(2001); There Will Be Violence(coming July 20th)

Whats your guy's thoughts.

NOTE: IF you don't like metal, please refrain from insulting the band just because they are heavy, if you are well versed in the realm of heavy music and have input, sure why not insult if its well deserved, of course people are entitled to their opinion, just lets keep things with a level of respect for skill and such.

sig made by: Nespa
    "You soaked your heart in gasoline, now light it up and burn!"
    --Demon Hunter

~Was Ignaroku in a previous life~

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Khon View Post
    NOTE: IF you don't like metal, please refrain from insulting the band just because they are heavy, if you are well versed in the realm of heavy music and have input, sure why not insult if its well deserved, of course people are entitled to their opinion, just lets keep things with a level of respect for skill and such.
    I believe more people will have a problem with the "Christian" part of their genre description.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

I have a copy of The Serpent Servant. Its not bad, not amazing but not bad. Its more than I expected to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    I believe more people will have a problem with the "Christian" part of their genre description.
    What about the Deathcore part? I know a good few fundamentalist metal heads who won't accept it as a genre of metal.

Also theres a few mistakes with the OP. Nailed. Dead. Risen. was released in 2007 not 2008 and The Serpent Servant was released in 2009 not 01.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Impending Doom

Never heard of them before. I checked out the videos on their myspace. I prefer my metal to have more thoughtful composition--without that bands can start to all blend together.

Nothing particularly wrong with this band if you aren't looking for something that innovates on the genre. Downtuned guitars equipped with your metal-standard EMG pickups? check. Tones that rely exclusively on modern high gain pre-amps? Yup (they probably dime the pre and set the master to 2) A double-kick happy drummer completes the set with rhythms so robotic they don't bother micing the drums in the studio because triggered drums will do just fine.

Its not my thing. But hey, as long as you dig it
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Member Miasma is on a distinguished road Miasma's Avatar
    Gil
    Sad
    Gifts Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2011 07:04 PM
    Threads

Their EP from 2005 was better than any of their albums.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

I liked Nailed. Dead. Risen but im not really into this band. My good friend loved this band tho and just thought they were the most brutally heavy band of all time.

Senior Member Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur has a brilliant future Lord Xasthur's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2014 03:59 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Xasthur PSN ID: LordXasthur

Nailed. Dead. Risen. and Serpent Servant are good albums, I had bought There Will Be Violence, and they went completely downhill. I don't even attempt to listen to any new stuff they release, that may seem closed-minded but I know they won't go back to their roots.

Also I wouldn't necessarily call them "deathcore" but it depends, Nailed. Dead. Risen. has more of a death metal sound, while Serpent Servant went for more of a core sound while still being good, and then came the newer stuff which killed the sound they were known for.

Yes, some people wouldn't like them because they may be referred to as deathcore and the fact that they are a Christian band.

Just check this out though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information