AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magic: The Gathering

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Magic: The Gathering

Who plays?

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I play...heavily.

Is there something you wish for advice on?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

I used to but the new cards are crap. I have three decks made of old cards but they just collect dust since everyone just wants to play with the new cards and wont face off against older decks.

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I used to run Arabian Nights and Ice Age. They're still set in cases for when I really need to break them out. Other than that, I run an affinity for artifacts deck and an atog/buff up deck. Atog cards have been hard for me to get.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

I play it.

Huge combo/control player, aiming to be a judge in the future since UK lacks a good few high level ones. I play legacy and vintage a lot. I love the old cards no matter how many people say it's not fun because decks are too powerful.
    Got a lot of cards from different times because of that.

Courious though; there has been a few threads like this before. Some are even still on the front page (they are locked yes but...) why are you wanting to know who plays?
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Thane of Mimics ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 07:22 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering

I've played for years and still sport a decent sized collection that I am planning on selling on ebay for extra cash since I don't get the chance to play a lot anymore. I prefer older cards, because in my opinion, a lot of the newer cards are Wizard's attempts to rope in younger and younger players to make the game easier. Downsides far outweigh the positives, the biggest is that with the fan base that have already attracted, those people that know how to put combos together, and have the foresight to try and plan a few turns ahead, these new cards are BEYOND stupid. For Christmas, I was lucky enough to be able to get my hands on the some of the new ones, but I have yet decided to try and get them into my new decks. I have spoken with some other board members, and we look forward to getting into some of the local card playing that might go on to see what it's all about. I shall post more after we have one such experience.

I prefer black lately, but I have at least three decks of each color, all of my decks are self made, I thought about becoming a judge myself, but I decided against it after I swore I was done with cons altogether. Black has a, " You will play for power....IN BLOOD!" kind of theme that I like.

So a few questions for those out there, I shall have to make a new thread.
    " I am the Walker of Shadows, the Stuff of Nightmares, and you have two choices pup, either you submit, or you die. Plain and simple, so decide, or I will for you; fair warning, I usually take the easy way out."

Senior Member Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Bleach Urahara Hat Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Dragon Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2011 10:35 PM
    Threads

i've played since last october i have about 6 decks and by the way were do you get those sigs with my color is from?
    Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love or just because... No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start war. War will never cease to exist... reasons can be thought up after the fact... Human nature pursues strife.
    Paine (Naruto Shippuden)

Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2014 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

I have played for many years ever since I was 15 or so, I have enjoyed
    the game up until recently when they suddenly started adding all these new cards and
    rules. Why mess with such a good thing, still nothing is more satisfying then destroying
    a new card deck with one of my old card decks.
    Last edited by Meteorkeeper; 01-28-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Junior Member TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere has a reputation beyond repute TheOnePersonThere's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 07:19 PM
    Threads

I just recently got into it. So far though I have three decks.

A life gain, a burn, and a counter deck.

I've gone to a tournament with the life gain, won three matches but lost horribly in the forth one... >_<

A pretty big group of people play it at my school, including half of the football team (I was flabbergasted when I found this out), it's pretty fun.

Junior Member Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy has a reputation beyond repute Punnchy's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2011 02:04 AM
    Threads

I can sadly say this is a game that I've all but dropped in the playing industry. I don't mind playing from time to time but the whole tournament scene isn't for me anymore. I don't have the funds to buy a deck to play anymore.

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

I've not been playing for very long, but I do. I love it, though playing it for hours on end with my D&D group can get stale very quickly. I'd be lying though, if I said I didn't enjoy my Vampire Deck and some of the wins I've pulled off with it.

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Kiss View Post
    I've not been playing for very long, but I do. I love it, though playing it for hours on end with my D&D group can get stale very quickly. I'd be lying though, if I said I didn't enjoy my Vampire Deck and some of the wins I've pulled off with it.
    I was going to make a joke related to necroing a thread, but this sub board has so few new thread I don't think your post really counts.

Anyway I used to play casually a lot. I'd probably do so still if I had the time and someone to play with.

It's encouraging to see some girls playing. It'd be awesome if my daughters happened to start playing in the far future when they're old enough, and then I could blow some dust off the old cards and destroy them and their friends with some ancient decks. It helps that in general new cards aren't as powerful as the old stuff.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I've sold the majority of my cards since the new cards/rules kinda ruined the game for me. The only deck I still have constructed is a dragon deck. Since they cost so much to bring out I play out of my graveyard for a lot less.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Ah... I've been playing since 1997. Off and on. I really enjoy it, but I only stick with casual play.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I picked up playing it about a year ago, and have enjoyed it very much. Its a great way to meet nice people, and the first day I went to a draft, a guy just gave 2 rares right off the bat.

There two downsides to the game that I have noticed, the first being it takes a bit of money if you want to play seriously. Casually thought, its a great stress reliever. The other is the use of 'Net Decks.' The last stardard I was in, I saw the same White Artifacts + Tempered Steel 2 times. The final 'big battle' of the more experienced players was a mirror match, so it gets kind annoying to see the same cards over and over. But its very profitable in terms of trading if you have one of them.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I play for fun, haven't had enough money lately to buy anything from the new set.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    I picked up playing it about a year ago, and have enjoyed it very much. Its a great way to meet nice people, and the first day I went to a draft, a guy just gave 2 rares right off the bat.

There two downsides to the game that I have noticed, the first being it takes a bit of money if you want to play seriously. Casually thought, its a great stress reliever. The other is the use of 'Net Decks.' The last stardard I was in, I saw the same White Artifacts + Tempered Steel 2 times. The final 'big battle' of the more experienced players was a mirror match, so it gets kind annoying to see the same cards over and over. But its very profitable in terms of trading if you have one of them.
    Tournaments are like that unless you have some specific mechanism in play to prevent it.

If you've got people brining net decks to casual play, I've found the simplest and lowest drama way to deal with that is to have multiplayer games. Most tourney decks are fine tuned to kill a single opponent, and actually do poorely in multiplayer even without the others deliberately teaming up on them.

Junior Member arjanio is on a distinguished road arjanio's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2019 01:53 PM
    Threads

I have three decks made of old cards but they just collect dust since everyone just wants to play with the new cards and wont face off against older decks.
    CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC
    Last edited by arjanio; 04-25-2019 at 03:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information