AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Open Relationships

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In the end it comes down to weather or not you and your potentials are comfortable with it. It may seem like an easy choice to make, but up until your are actually dating 2 or more separate people that's an assumption. I would suggest trying to date a the six billion people one at a time, just to avoid social customs that entail large amounts of yelling or castration~

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

personally, i dont like open relationships but if the both of the people agree on it then theres no problem.

for example, my bf wouldnt mind going to a place where you exchange partners for the night but just because i dont like it, we dont do it.

its a way of thinking, i guess.everyone's different.
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Banned Forum / Chat 1gn1t0r is on a distinguished road 1gn1t0r's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2010 01:32 PM
    Threads

No. I guess most of us would just not agree to that.

Senior Member Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2013 12:17 PM
    It's not on any map, true places never are.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can see why people are so opposed to the idea of not having a single partner but so far open relationships are working for me. I'm currently dating someone long distance and with our busy lives we just don't have a lot of time to invest in seeing eachother. I mean, don't get me wrong, we want to be dedicated to one another only but we're not going to be able to see eachother on a regular basis (not even through the phone or computer) for quite some time still. So we've pretty much just curtailed our relationship, not wanting to prevent eachother from meeting someone better in their local area. However, it's not like we're going out of our way to see other people, we're just prepared to keep our options open.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2017 11:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I believe at that point I wouldn't really call it a relationship just.. Friends with benefits.
    This is based on the assumption that the relationship is entirely based on sex. I'm pretty sure that there is far more that goes into a "relationship".

Honestly if you go about this that means you are not ready to settle down and have a nice committed relationship with one another.
    No it doesn't. Loving more than one person has nothing to do with not being ready to settle down at all. I fail to see the connection.

I cannot begin to fathom being in a relationship with a guy who is even doing something as little as kissing another girl other than myself and the same goes for myself.
    You need to try harder.

However even if you both agree to go sleep or whatever with other people while seeing each other you have to consider the other party. Wouldn't that mean you are cheating on THEM??
    If consent is reached upon by all participating parties, no.

Do they know about this little deal you and your original partner have?
    See above.

Though that doesn't mean you cannot love more than one person but it's best just to have one committed relationship.
    You have just stated an opinion as being fact. way to go.

You wouldn't formally marry 2 people at the same time would you?
    Some people might/would.

Personally, I don't believe in marriage period. It may have seemed like a good idea long ago when two parental units needed to be very close to protect and insure the survival of off-spring.

But the threat of your kid being eaten by a lion isn't excatly prevalent today, so really, marriage is just luxury- not an imperative.

Don't get me wrong or anything, I have nothing against people that want to stay in a monogamous relationship. But I look at everything has how it actually is in reality. And humans are, by the nature of their own evolution, polygamous animals. As such, one should not feel the constraints of society love only one person at a time, and that deviating from that is unnatural- because it's false.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think you might be mistaking lust for love. I know you can "love" more than one person at a time, but it is very hard to do. Most of the time it's lust that we feel for others. Many people who have posted have unknowingly made this point. I sense that you are trying to make a decision betwixt which partner you would rather spend more time with, or which of them is much better in the social level of "friend". As an advocate of the idea that people must accept that there is no such thing as love at first sight and that when considering a relationship deductive reasoning is more than needed, all I can say is that when you make your choice make sure that it is one you will not regret in the future~

Senior Member Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:26 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Judge View Post
    I think you might be mistaking lust for love. I know you can "love" more than one person at a time, but it is very hard to do. Most of the time it's lust that we feel for others. Many people who have posted have unknowingly made this point. I sense that you are trying to make a decision betwixt which partner you would rather spend more time with, or which of them is much better in the social level of "friend". As an advocate of the idea that people must accept that there is no such thing as love at first sight and that when considering a relationship deductive reasoning is more than needed, all I can say is that when you make your choice make sure that it is one you will not regret in the future~
    you know dude you got me right here*touches my heart* i know of that feeling and it is rather weird, but it it's hard choice to make( considering that girls don't like to share) i the end i chose none and both just disapeared from my life...i still don't know if it was a bad choice or a good one.....T^T

Senior Member Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    And humans are, by the nature of their own evolution, polygamous animals. As such, one should not feel the constraints of society love only one person at a time, and that deviating from that is unnatural- because it's false.
    There are a lot of aspects of society that are "unnatural"; in fact, most of them are.

Here's a quote from the link:

The presence of this fallacy is manifest in the logic behind certain objections to evolution, specifically objections to evolution's morality. Those who object for this reason assume that if behaviors such as polygamy, infanticide and violence are shown to be natural, that would make them acceptable.
    Last edited by Alcmaeonid; 06-28-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I do not agree with this kind of relationship. I find both of the people engage in this kind of relationship, doesn't truly feel that their partner is enough for them to be happy or contented. I believe that if you love the person enough then there's no need to keep searching for a person for the 'position' he/she is holding in your life.

How is it playing if both people consent to do the same thing? Is it impossible to love more than one person at a single given time?
    For me, it's still playing, even though both of them want this kind of relationship that it necessarily point out that there's nothing wrong, I think they should view the relationship they have with the others they are seeing-they mostly might get hurt.
    And no, it's not impossible to love more than one person at a given time, a friend told me that. However, there's a possibility that you'll love one much more than you love the other. (In my point of view, of course).
    Last edited by dream magician; 06-28-2010 at 07:40 AM.
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2017 11:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alcmaeonid View Post
    There are a lot of aspects of society that are "unnatural"; in fact, most of them are.

Here's a quote from the link:

The presence of this fallacy is manifest in the logic behind certain objections to evolution, specifically objections to evolution's morality. Those who object for this reason assume that if behaviors such as polygamy, infanticide and violence are shown to be natural, that would make them acceptable.
    /correction noted

Though I would like to point out that evolution is still an ongoing system, and therefore still has many flaws. So until we have developed a way to manipulate our own evolution, we should neither condemn nor condone those things that are outside of our control- (for now at least).

This would be a better example of the argument that I was making in my previous statement.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid has a reputation beyond repute Alcmaeonid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads

/correction noted

Though I would like to point out that evolution is still an ongoing system, and therefore still has many flaws. So until we have developed a way to manipulate our own evolution, we should neither condemn nor condone those things that are outside of our control- (for now at least).

This would be a better example of the argument that I was making in my previous statement.
    Yes, evolution is ongoing and it will continue to be so forever. It does not, however, have any "flaws", since it has no goal nor continual direction. Survival of the fittest is a tautology because "the fittest" are defined as "those who survive". That being said, we are already affecting the direction of evolution by the very cognitive awareness that it takes place. Humans do have a unique kind of foresight that enables us to manipulate the attributes of our lifeform to an ever increasing degree. Also, I fail to see how simple sociological constructs and norms are "out of our control" at present. Humans have a natural tendency to become violent as well, but through various means we discourage rather than encourage that behaviour.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

I've got no issues with it, for myself or society in general.
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Member chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2010 01:10 PM
    Threads

I would call that casual dating rather than a relationship. To me, relationships are much more serious and secluded. Unless you're polyemorous or like to swing with your partner, I don't think it's okay to have a bf/gf and date someone else. People aren't perfect, but you're with them for all that they are. As much as people say they can watch someone do that to them, one of them gets hurt in the end. I'm not bashing on anyone though as everyone has the right to their own lifestyle, I just don't really see it last into something serious. If it's not heading towards something serious, then what's the point of being in a relationship?

Junior Member Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii has a reputation beyond repute Samii's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2010 01:59 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Open Relationships

Well, quite frankly... It all depends...

I'm extremely loyal, even to guys i first meet at parties, I'm not the type to go swing around with 10 people at parties. So you can imagine what I'm like when im seeing someone...
    But I'v had an open relationship quite recently and its not because i want to see other people but rather i extremely liked him but i just didn't want to be in a relationship again so soon, but he still wanted to be in a relationship with me... So we made an "agreement" that we could see each other but i wanted him to be able to see other people too... Just because I don't want to see anyone doesn't mean he couldn't.

That's kind of a long story short... But really, i always thought open relationships are just terrible - until a few months ago i realized it is actually quite beneficial
    Were not "together" anymore but because of the open relationship we didnt get too attached to each other so the "breakup" wasn't painful and complicated, now were best friends...
    Last edited by Samii; 07-05-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information