AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Carl Macek

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default RIP Carl Macek

It's official--Robotech producer Carl Macek just died. Our condolences to his family and friends.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Junior Member humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121 has much to be proud of humbled_soul5121's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads

Even though I haven't seen Robotech or anything I hope his family is doing well in his absence.

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by humbled_soul5121 View Post
    Even though I haven't seen Robotech or anything I hope his family is doing well in his absence.
    Not to mention the people he worked with: Tony Oliver, Aline Leslie, Greg Snow and Leonard Pike.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Junior Member manofsan is on a distinguished road manofsan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2010 05:22 PM
    Threads

Hi - I just wanted to also mention,

Interested Robotech fans can go to the official ROBOTECH.com website to learn the details of Mr Macek's funeral service, which will take place on Saturday, May 1st.

http://www.robotech.com/community/fo...2817&forumid=8

If anyone wishes, they can contribute to the Carl Macek Memorial Fund, which will go towards his funeral and helping out his family. Donations can be made by PayPal. The fund has been set up for the family by Steve Kramer, who played Dana's sidekick Sgt. Angelo Danté in the Southern Cross saga.

(Hope I'm not violating any rules. This is my first time posting here. I simply registered to spread the word to other Robotech fans, and am hoping they will all spread the word too.)

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Macek made anime dubbing what it is. Although he made some off the wall dubs, he paved the way for how dubbing should be. The man will be missed, and it sucks more people don't know about him.

Junior Member manofsan is on a distinguished road manofsan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2010 05:22 PM
    Threads

I think Carl Macek was perhaps the Marco Polo of animated entertainment. He went far afield to bring back wonderful experiences for the rest of us to enjoy.
    He was a man of great sensibilities and tastes, from which we all got to benefit.

Here is the latest in tributes from song artist Michael Bradley:

http://michaelbradleymusic.com/fr_bl...&postid=255684

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information