AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "I Hate Anime"...Elaborate?

Senior Member Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2010 06:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Yeah, my main problem with mainstream animes is they drag them on a lot longer then they need to be. Just because they'd get more money out of them that way. Very few anime can go a 100 episodes without becoming like naruto or bleach. Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin (though I didn't like the last arc) and Dragon Ball (not Z or GT) are the only ones that I've seen that have stayed enjoyable for 100+ episodes. I'd include InuYasha but it's fillers are 50/50 for enjoyability. Fillers in anime like bleach are 0/100.
    Agreed, its about knowing how to end respectably and gracefully. No show can end this way after having so many episodes full of filler. After that you've passed the point of no return and the show just becomes a self-perpetuating joke.
    ~Condey, The Northamerimori~

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    Agreed, its about knowing how to end respectably and gracefully. No show can end this way after having so many episodes full of filler. After that you've passed the point of no return and the show just becomes a self-perpetuating joke.
    Actually, the Shippuden filler really isn't that bad, and there probably won't be another filler arc, at least for not a long time, since they're way behind the manga right now. And there's honestly no point in bringing up the 136-220 filler, since it was completely skippable.

Also, One Piece WILL end respectably and gracefully. Simple truth.
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    Say wut? The action in anime is leaps and bounds ahead of the crappy offerings we get from Hollywood nowadays.

Just look at 99% of today's action films. Its all the same crappy gritty texture, shot extremely too close up and with shaking cameras distorting every scene. Its frustrating to watch and most of the time you can't even make out whats going on because of the aforementioned shaky cam and extreme close ups.

These kind of opinions boil my blood. I'll be in my ANGRY DOME!
    Also,take in that these are the kids that like Bayformers 2:Revenge of the Failen,really shows their taste don't ya think?

I miss the 90's and early 2000's movies.
    Last edited by The Butcher; 04-14-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Give me Big Trouble in Little China or Terminator 2 for action and I'm happy.

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

Give me Bourne,or Blade and I'm a happy movie goer .

Senior Member Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof has a brilliant future Hugo-Kof's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2011 10:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hugo-KoF

I live surrounded by ppl who hate anime in general (which makes me look like a weirdo to them) but they will never understand if they don't give it a try (and they have not) they judge a book by its cover and not by its content. In my opinion, that kind of ppl shouldn't even get our attention (just my opinion)

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wait, its bad that we have variety in people and that everyone has different likes and dislikes?

You can't make someone like something you don't like, and no one has to justify their likes or dislikes to you because it's their preference. Some of my friends don't enjoy anime because of the art form, considering it's all based around the same artistic concept. That should be enough of a reason. Some don't like it because they generally just don't like animated shows. And that should be enough of a reason.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

Well lately I've been finding more and more people who like anime, and they aren't the type of people who would run around with naruto head bands in the street ... thats IS kinda weird.

But the thing is some people say they dislike it the same way others will dislike horror movies, live actions, cartoons, romance, etc. Most people who haven't really watched anime will just dub it a genre and say they don't like it cause of reasons that just don't make sense to us people who do appreciate the art.

The reason people don't really want to start watching is because they only see the weirdos who do run around the street with naruto head bands on and think "wow I don't wanna be like them, anime must be pretty weird if these kind of people like it" .... at least that's the case with the people I know.

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_S View Post
    Well lately I've been finding more and more people who like anime, and they aren't the type of people who would run around with naruto head bands in the street ... thats IS kinda weird.
    I have met one anime fan who broke the status quo. That tall, muscular, African American man I met at a Best Buy has been the only anime fan I have met in person that wasn't an obnoxious fan who watches anime and wants to make a manga someday or a shy, creepy girl who looks up "anime boys kissing" in the school library. If it weren't for that man who pointed out Gungrave to me, my perception of anime fandom would be in the hellhole.

Junior Member LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara has a reputation beyond repute LunaticMara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 01:08 AM
    Threads

Haters gonna hate. They won't change their opinions about anime, but it's not big deal.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Wait, its bad that we have variety in people and that everyone has different likes and dislikes?
    Ooooh yeah, that's definitely what I said. No. I said some people don't give anime a chance, that they make biased, one sided opinions, and they almost try to dislike it.

You can't make someone like something you don't like, and no one has to justify their likes or dislikes to you because it's their preference.
    I don't like this and nobody can tell me anything otherwise...grrrr. That's called being stubborn and narrow-minded. Not a smart thing to do.

Some of my friends don't enjoy anime because of the art form, considering it's all based around the same artistic concept. That should be enough of a reason
    And I don't like Tekkon Kinkreets artstyle, nor do I like many cartoons on American TV's artstyle...but I like them anyway. I'm willing to give them a chance no matter how they look. Just as long as they keep me entertained...they could use stickfigures for crying out like.

Some don't like it because they generally just don't like animated shows. And that should be enough of a reason.
    >>Generally don't like animated shows
    >>Generally don't like
    >>Generally

Just give it a chance! There's no point in being stubborn, wouldn't you like to enjoy more things than you hate? Why try to hate things? grah

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    Ooooh yeah, that's definitely what I said. No. I said some people don't give anime a chance, that they make biased, one sided opinions, and they almost try to dislike it.
    How do you know most of them didn't give anime a chance? If this was about a thing you didn't like, you wouldn't be so ready to say "Well, you're not giving it a chance!" I like anime, but I'm not going to make other people like any of it just because I like it.

I don't like this and nobody can tell me anything otherwise...grrrr. That's called being stubborn and narrow-minded. Not a smart thing to do.
    Good job taking what I said out of context. No, I'm not saying that no one can tell them otherwise. I'm saying, they shouldn't have to give you a lengthy explanation of why they don't like something. I never said you can't give your side of the story.

And I don't like Tekkon Kinkreets artstyle, nor do I like many cartoons on American TV's artstyle...but I like them anyway. I'm willing to give them a chance no matter how they look. Just as long as they keep me entertained...they could use stickfigures for crying out like.
    Yeah, and believe it or not, there are some people who enjoy the artistic value of things.

>>Generally don't like animated shows
    >>Generally don't like
    >>Generally

Just give it a chance! There's no point in being stubborn, wouldn't you like to enjoy more things than you hate? Why try to hate things? grah
    They aren't being 'stubborn', they're practicing their basic right to like and not like something. They don't 'hate' it. And you can't make them enjoy it just for the sake of them 'liking more things than hating more things'.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How do you know most of them didn't give anime a chance? If this was about a thing you didn't like, you wouldn't be so ready to say "Well, you're not giving it a chance!" I like anime, but I'm not going to make other people like any of it just because I like it.
    Do you know most of them did? I've never met a person that could solidly back up their opinion on disliking anime. But I see where you're going with that, I guess I don't have enough proof there.

Good job taking what I said out of context. No, I'm not saying that no one can tell them otherwise. I'm saying, they shouldn't have to give you a lengthy explanation of why they don't like something. I never said you can't give your side of the story.
    They should give me some kind of explanation...you can't just say you don't like something and leave it at that...well...not if somebody asks you why you don't like it, at least.

Yeah, and believe it or not, there are some people who enjoy the artistic value of things.
    Nonono, I definitely like it if the show I'm watching looks nice, I'm really into art. It just doesn't seem like you can dislike something JUST because of the art style...

They aren't being 'stubborn', they're practicing their basic right to like and not like something. They don't 'hate' it. And you can't make them enjoy it just for the sake of them 'liking more things than hating more things'.
    I know I can't make them like it, but it just seems like people tend to be more biased towards anime (with very little reason) than alot of other things, and I don't really know why.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Welcome to the real world my friend, where opinions can be as strong as a fact. Anyhow, I don't hate anime, just certain ones. There is some I actually like.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't hate anime, just certain ones. There is some I actually like.
    Umm...I would think so considering you have 3000 posts on an anime forum....

-RaShayRitto

boopaloop chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune has a reputation beyond repute chaotic.rune's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

some people just think that "anime" is just another form of stupid cartoons that kids watch.
    will gladly take anyone as a friend... PM me!

Senior Member Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2010 09:06 PM
    Threads

It's mainly due to misconception.

Like videogames today and Dungeons and Dragons of the 80's, these things are seen as strange or weird and turn people off. I still know people bugged by the eyes, for one.

The best way to get someone in anime is with series that aren't so crazy or in the otaku mindset. Baccano, Cowboy bebop and Gunsmith Cats would be great examples of approachable anime. While Cats still has the eye thing, there is no foreign culture present. Baccano is like a Tarentino movie in animated form and a catchier style of music, while Cowboy is just amazing.

Senior Member Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2016 12:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*Faints* You really do?

ll Set by Duck [Daken] ll Sprites by genericnpc on Tumblr ll Formerly Dark Butterfly

Senior Member Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2010 09:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by dark_butterfly View Post
    *Faints* You really do?
    Yeah, I still have trouble believing it.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hate anime because...
    1-I don't like the medium
    2-I find Japanese culture in general to be very annoying
    3-The jokes aren't funny and don't make sense
    4-I don't like all the recycled character archetypes
    5-The voices are annoying
    6-There are too many foreign names and words
    7-I didn't like the first one I saw at all, and every anime I've seen seems the same
    8-Other people who watch anime tend to be extremely annoying
    9-Many things about it seemed to be aimed at children

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

1-I don't like the medium
    So you don't like TV? Just asking.

2-I find Japanese culture in general to be very annoying
    You have 2,584 posts on an anime forum. This is troublesome

3-The jokes aren't funny and don't make sense
    'The jokes in anime'. Oh yeah, I know what you mean, I've heard them all, too. Every last one.

4-I don't like all the recycled character archetypes
    Anime is the only thing to do this, by the way. Nothing else.

5-The voices are annoying
    You should start adding 'in general' to these things, by the way.

6-There are too many foreign names and words
    I actually laughed out loud at this one. Are you serious or being sarcastic? That's like saying "Spanish people speak with too many Spanish words." Welcome to America, now speak English.

7-I didn't like the first one I saw at all, and every anime I've seen seems the same
    I can't tell you your opinion is wrong, so I won't. But just a question, what shows have you seen?

8-Other people who watch anime tend to be extremely annoying
    I don't like comic-book geeks, therefore 'Batman: The Dark Knight' must be a terrible movie. It's all common sense.

9-Many things about it seemed to be aimed at children
    Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Gungrave, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis, Darker Than Black, Code Geass, Berserk, Samurai X, Blue Gender, Gantz, Tsukihime, Paranoia Agent, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Claymore, Serial Experiments Lain, Monster. All of the top of my head. I'll inform you one any others I can think of.

I'm worried. You have nigh 3k posts on an anime forum, yet you hate anime. hm
    Last edited by TheThunderBringer; 05-02-2010 at 12:49 AM.

-RaShayRitto

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ban&Gingi View Post
    Well i have a friend who is very artistically inclined and doesn't like anime because it distorts proportions and takes away from realism in human features especially in the face. according to her once you draw enough (and watch enough) anime it's extremely difficult to draw people "the right way"
    It's funny that your friend would say that because what we consider "reality" is nothing more than our brains visual interpritation of what our eyes are picking up on. Because there is no way to actually gather the information around us directly, no one can see something as it really is, only what it looks like- aka, a visual interpritation.

So, speaking in terms of the de facto "reality", the actual difference between anime and what we call "real" is none. And as such, drawing someone in an "anime" form and a "real" form might just as well be the same excate thing.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic.rune View Post
    some people just think that "anime" is just another form of stupid cartoons that kids watch.
    Lol, that's how it is in my town. As far as I know, a lot of the kids in my high school had some racial problems with Japanese people and their culture, which made it next to impossible to get into anime. Whenever I'd hear a friend of mine in Carpentry shop talk about anime or when I mention it, they're automatically conditioned to think, "Ewww, cartoon porn!" There was no reason for them to give me an explanation, they just straight up hated anything that had to do with Japanese culture, especially animation. Like mentioned above, some people just aren't into some things in anime. I admit, if it weren't for me growing up with Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and DBZ, I'd probably hate anime too. One thing people find annoying (already mentioned above) about anime is: the girls who look, sound and act like 6 year olds (which make it appealing to lolicons). Anyways, most kids in my school (even adults) were into Family Guy, American Dad, and the Simpsons, not anime.

Sorry for the paragraph, just adding my two cents in ^^
    Last edited by Hideki Motosuwa.; 05-03-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Member Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2010 01:47 AM
    Threads

well, the world is made up of different people.

This' what makes the world interesting =D

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information