AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Search Suggestion

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default Search Suggestion

This isn't so much an AF.com suggestion as it is an AW.com suggestion. Despite the widespread use of widescreen computers, I notice that a lot of wall-makers are using the same old resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, etc etc. I know that wallpapers are the creation of the artist, who have complete creative control over details such as size, but this unfortunately causes an issue. Users of widescreen resolution, like me, are left to dig through pages and pages of walls in order to find one that fits. So, I have a suggestion.

Why not add a search feature to AW.com that allows for size search. This could be as simple as two categories: dimensions deemed "standard" and those deemed "widescreen". Or you could go more complex and add a search feature for every size uploaded (for example a list of walls that are 800x600 or 1280x800 or 1920x1200). Or you could do a combination of the two.

I think this would make finding a suitable wallpaper easier. Also, it will encourage users to use walls from anime they may not have seen before, or never heard of. I'm always on the lookout for interesting walls, it doesn't always have to be from a series that I'm familiar with.

I apologize if something like this is already in place and I just missed it. Or, if this is in the wrong forum. Didn't think it went in the AW forum, but it might.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Psh you're just being all elitist with your wide screen, you cannot haz wallpaper!

This is a really good idea, I think Wizzy was moaning about such a feature in chat a few months ago. I'm not sure if anyone made it a formal suggestion though. I've just been commissioning AF users to make me walls to make up for it =D

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You know, I totally agree. Most of the wallpapers I find that are cool aren't the right resolution for my computer, and there's a black/white whatever color looks best border around the whole thing when I use it.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That is something I had wanted ever sense I first joined AF and went to look at AW.com. Nearly all their walls are for the normal flat panel monitors rather then the wide screens that most home users have today.
    Because of this I decided to go back to having a non-wide screen display and a wide screen display in short I use two monitors. That way I can use the walls I make and the walls others make without issues. Also if you have a graphics application you can edit the wall paper you jabe and make it fit to your disply though that requires more then simply resizing just so you know.

Overall I do agree that that feature would make a nice to thing to AW.com and I'd use it more if they'd add it in.
    Gero Server Guru

Closed Thread

Thread Information