AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Poetry Forum

Does not want to speak! The Exiled is a jewel in the rough The Exiled is a jewel in the rough The Exiled is a jewel in the rough The Exiled is a jewel in the rough The Exiled's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2010 08:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miz View Post
    All I see from your comment is the fact that you don't want anyone to reply to this and you can't hold your own against all the truthful comments listed above. If that's not it then I'll pull a "you" move and say please don't reply to it. Why would you even post some of that stuff up there, sometimes more is worse and annoying to read, but I do see some truths in your post.

Oh yea, its possible to be insulted by something made before your lifetime or join date. I don't see how it ever couldn't be. Plus what was the 1 + 1 about? See that pun there? I'm a master at those puns.
    I'm happy to see that! As I stated I don't want replies like.. ''your a kid don't be a kid life is hard." NO! this is what I was searching for. It fills my heart with joy. Tell me lad To hold my own ground on the internet. Don't you think the internet is a playground. And you should just talk a bit. But taking ground and such stances for on the internet. I think it might be a bit to much. But maybe your right and I can't stand my ground. Of course I cannot. And let me explain you...

I have not posted a poem here before this poem. So it does not refer to me. Some feel like they are insulted. I don't call out names since it's obvious. A person or 2 feel insulted. But why would I ?

It's like I said before... let's say you become boss of a new company. And they complain about the old boss. Would it hurt you ? I doubt it. That's the 1+1 thing about.. You wouldn't care I guess. Unless you had a real big weakness for empathy! But do you ?

And again about the replying I think I cleared up I wanted a good constructed reply like yours. And thanks that you are as kind to show that my posts had some truth. But these posts of mine are mine visions and those of you are yours. I must say I do respect yours. Let's just shake hands ?

That is one thing I wonder about.. why point at each other all this does is making different factions. I say let's stick our heads together. We are all members on a forum. We all like poetry. We have something in common. Why not do something with it. We can reach more with that.. I hope we just can shake hands. And maybe everyone can just laugh at this over a few weeks ? That would be nice!

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Son Of Europe View Post
    Hahaha that's funny. To send it to me. First of all I mentioned I was neutral and I did not want quarrel.. Secondly I must say why would I who started 2 days ago feel insulted by a poem of 3 days ago.. I just stated my opinion.. I'm not a small kid nor do I cry or am GEE GOLLY GOSH DARN WILLIKERS But enough said this will be my last post here. For I can taste well enough something has happened that I do not know of. Something that maybe goes way back to older times ? I stick my nose out of it. Please do not reply on me I do not wish quarrel maybe it was wrong of a outsider to post in here. Yet I do believe I have a neutral stance. And that what I said was not 100% untrue. But Sorry if I said anything wrong. Please don't reply on this. Only if you want to talk about it. But if your going to brush it off by calling me a little kid it you should know it does not hit me. Nor does it apply to me I registered two days ago this poem is older! Then my time being here. If I became a new boss on a workplace and they would say bad things about the old boss would I care ? 1+1= ?? I guess you all can do the sum.. though I think a lot of words have passed in this forum. Things I understand things I do not. But I can't say I have said anything a small kid would say. Therefore I leave you all alone. Sometimes words fail in a place. And I think this is such a place. I might want to say it's a shame. If we did stick our heads together. This place could prosper. But I think that is out of the question is it not ?
    Well I wrote a whole load of text here. But I felt like I am being misunderstood... I do not seek quarrel that's the last thing I say. Till someone is wanting to give some real comments to me. Not just brushing me off by saying things that do not apply to me.
    How about since 2006? Nice try, Howling Star, but creating a new account isn't going to convince me or any other staff member that every new member is going to feel personally insulted by this poem. All this shows me is the inherent weakness of your argument in that you felt it necessary to fabricate one.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll just say this:

The fact that many here people seem to be up in arms about Ai's satire poem is just further proof that's it's true - as Kishiro already said.

Not everyone writes great poetry, not even me.

Oh, and Kirako Shima, I think you take the internet too seriously.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 03-10-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So, I was kind of confused at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gaga
    Careful not to
    Spell things right
    Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but if you say careful not to spell things right, then doesn't that mean that you're aiming to spell it wrong?

If so, then is that what it's supposed to mean?
    I don't know, I guess it just confuses me (though I'm probably the only one that's posted so far that doesn't understand that <.<).

I found
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gaga
    Never does it have to rhyme
    Yet here it does, all the time
    to be amusing in it's own little way.

It did amaze me in a sense, though.
    There are rhymes, but they aren't consistent from what I can see.
    Nonetheless, you still managed to make it flow really well.

Also interesting to me is how many poetry forums out there this could apply to. In a way I think it would be a bit fun to look and see. Though too much work and I'm lazy.

All in all, it was a good poem but not really my style since I prefer longer ones.
    Of course, there are those on here who write really short poems. *cough*

Off topic: I didn't reply to what others have said merely because I have yet to read all of the replies. Yet again, I am being lazy.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, I meant to write it as if they are trying not to spell things right. I've seen people write incredibly articulate replies to a debate in misc, but then their poetry is spelt wrong, and different capitals and etc.

My rhyming isn't supposed to be consistant, I'm trying to pull forth a little bit of what other do in my own work. If you want to read something that I took serious, and spent time writing, check out my poem Regret. I'm quite proud of it, minus the last two lines.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's what I had been thinking, but I wasn't entirely sure.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, and I'll be sure to go look for it.
    I've read poems that you've written in the past and I'm more or less already a fan . . .

CircleJerk Elitist MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Pizza Cake Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2014 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MissAstaire

Quote Originally Posted by Kirako Shima View Post
    Funny calling me a noob when I clearly understand more than you. I was not summoned either. It's called reading every poem posted, which I do. I believe I have a better understanding than you ever will. And well, this poem ticked me off so I responded in the way I saw fit.

Oh and FYI: I care not about Reputation.
    lol, you make me laugh. And not in a "haha! I'm with ya on that one!!!1!" way. No, but in a "ha... haha... ha. Loser." way. You're really kind of sad, you know? You took this post/poem too seriously and way too personally. As Ai already said, it's satire. And as Kishiro already posted the definition and pretty much gave the most basic way of understanding possible, you're just a lost cause at this point. Take your QQ elsewhere.

Whoops. Sorry for the threadbump. Couldn't resist.

Edit:
    Poem that couldn't be more true. Nicely done.
    Last edited by MissAstaire; 03-14-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Cos i felt like it, you idiot. That, and it was off topic. bug off.

Tomorrow's a new day.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Gaga View Post
    Full of tripe
    Emo crap

Why does it always
    Gotta be like that?

Write satire, or even joy
    It never hurts to be coy

Careful not to
    Spell things right

Or someone might think less
    Of your dreadful plight

Poetry is not about
    Crying yourself to sleep

It's about stance and
    Feelings you want to keep

Never does it have to rhyme
    Yet here it does, all the time

I'm running out of insults to hurl
    So lets watch some more drama unfurl
    ...This isn't even a satire. Know your literature, please. And don't make me crtiticise your use of language. "Why does it always / gotta be like that?" ._.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Princess Ai Owns You Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey has much to be proud of Dorian Grey's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2010 01:24 AM
    Threads

Who are you to tell me that what I write isn't what I say it is?

It's satire. I say it's satire, I wrote it intended it as satire. Learn to read. Your opinion on weather or not it's satire, doesn't make it not satire, it makes you iliterate.
    lol this is so old school

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2011 08:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xRiikox View Post
    ...This isn't even a satire. Know your literature, please. And don't make me crtiticise your use of language. "Why does it always / gotta be like that?" ._.
    Seems like a lot of people did not takes notes back in 8th grade.
    I believe this was during the time they are introduced to more intricate level of poetry?
    They must have cut class or something, because being offended and ruling out what satire is and isn't is just ridonkulous.

Please re-read what Kishiro posted.
    If it helps, go to another poetry community and learn, breathe, eat, think satire and maybe you would understand.

And FFS Ai's poem is exactly what it is....a poem.
    the lovely miss keri hilson - - -

Not taking any sig/av request - - -

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Grey View Post
    Who are you to tell me that what I write isn't what I say it is?

It's satire. I say it's satire, I wrote it intended it as satire. Learn to read. Your opinion on weather or not it's satire, doesn't make it not satire, it makes you iliterate.
    Simply because of all the conflicted opinions in this thread.

And look, learn to Spell. It's 'whether', and 'illiterate'.

@Vyndrasta: I'm sorry, but the country I come from does not have an Eighth Grade. It is called secondary two, and no, we do not learn more 'intricate' forms of poetry then. More like junior college.
    And no, I wasn't getting offended by her poem, even. Merely correcting the language. So I'm sorry if Ive offended anyone. >_> I don't see who it's even getting at. I haven't posted any poems up here before, y'know? ._.

FFS?

I never said it wasn't one.
    Last edited by Rei; 03-15-2010 at 04:01 AM.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2020 08:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Honestly...I agree with her poem to an extent. Most emo poetry needs to be trashed and thrown out. And people that write poems ought to know what they're writing and how before they do it.

There's a hell of a lot more to poetry then babbling about woes, and how no one understands and only blood and pain can help and blah-blah-blah. And those who attempt poetry without knowing what they're doing-generally end up looking like fools. Particularly to those who do know what they're doing.

She wasn't dissing people's work-but she was saying that the poetry of todays tweens, teens and young adults needs a serious face lift.
    Last edited by かごめ; 03-19-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

How about not baiting others for flame and not being annoying. You're not edgy, you're not cool, this isn't fun. I'm closing this and telling you not to bait for flames again.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Closed Thread

Thread Information