AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: They look the SAME!!

SABER-lover -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 12:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default They look the SAME!!

Have you ever watch an anime and realize that the character look extremely simmilar to another chracter from a different anime? This happen to me more than one.
    Here are some examples:
    SILVIA in princess lover

Saber-sama in FSN

Kotonoha in School day

and Chizuru Akaba in Seitokai no ichizon

Please show me your if you have any.. Oh and please don't put CLAMP's stuff in here haha we all know they recycle characters all the time (I like that anyway since thier stories are awesome).. Anyway thanks for sharing haha..
    Last edited by -P.N.-; 02-20-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Currently on Chapter 11 FFXIII oh.. and FAT PRINCESS is a fun game haha.
    "Hoa đẹp là hoa có gai, gái đẹp là gái phá thai nhiều lần."

My fav:
    GTO.
    Clannad (and after story of course).
    Toradora.
    Hajime no Ippo

Senior Member Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 11:12 AM
    Threads

Or you can watch anything from Clamp to find reused characters all over the place lol. I'll give it to the first one, but for the school days character, she doesn't look like Chizuru really.
    Edit: As a side note, watch Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles, and play the, Guess which show they came from game! Ofcourse as I said, they are all Clamp Characters, and it was cool to see the characters again, and how they are used. Also some that were related to just Manga's originaly.
    Last edited by Käras; 02-20-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Signature made by: Hakuchuumu
    TYVM!
    Originally Posted by Bandaid X
    Ell Oohh Elll?

You typed a 9-paragraph post to uhm... not disagree with anyone?

Welcome to the interwebz! ^^

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

SABER-lover -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well lol if you read my started thread carefully to the end I did mention CLAMP work ^_^ but thanks for the coment haha.. Nice game suggestion btw.

My fav:
    GTO.
    Toradora.
    Hajime no Ippo

Senior Member Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry, my ADD is bad, and I don't seem to notice a lot of things. But also if its a character made by the same artist, they can useally turn out the same in some way. Look at K-on, and the new Show, Sora no Woto. They characters are about the same. I have seen other shows that have characters that look overly similar. But it's gotta be hard to come up with a character. I was reading the forums about peoples least favorite characters, I didn't post cause I would of sounded like a**. But one of the complaints was about a character with a similar hair style to another character. There really isn't much that can be considered new. It's just differant artists styles that can be differant.
    For example, since you like Clanned (I loved it btw) the people that did the character designs for them, I belive made thier other series as well. You notice how they are similar in more ways then one.
    I got a even better way to think of it. Game Character customization, You have many options, but you are still quite limited right? So everyone could look diffearntly for a while, but somewhere along the lines, nothing will be new.
    Last edited by Käras; 02-20-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

I know one character isn't exactly from an anime but the resemblance between Trowa Barton of Gundam Wing and Yang from Street Fighter is uncanny.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by ekysp_yagami View Post
    Have you ever watch an anime and realize that the character look extremely simmilar to another chracter from a different anime? This happen to me more than one.
    Here are some examples:
    SILVIA in princess lover

Saber-sama in FSN
    O________O WOW, if I was Capcom, I would so sue Princess Lover's creators' butts off for stealing Saber!!

........that is unless they're the same company. I don't actually know but just....WOW.

Um.......there is a total Sephiroth clone in the yaoi OVA, Angel Wings. EXACT CLONE. Not kidding. There is also a minor guy in Black Cat that looks EXTREMELY similar to Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Karas

I think you are right about all the limited "option" haha, it is hard to created new, unique character (both look and personality)... Heck.. I see alot of character with Sh%%ty hair style or clothing just becasue the designer don't want them look like other character... I also think this is probly the reason why anime character have so many hair color ^_^ But that also make them look good too haha..

My fav:
    GTO.
    Toradora.
    Hajime no Ippo

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@ J Gundam

Haha Wow they look prety alike there, that use to be my fav hair style btw XD

My fav:
    GTO.
    Toradora.
    Hajime no Ippo

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@小美ドクロchan

Haha, for once think I know... Silvia and Saber have totally different 3 sized XD

sorry I am not into Yaoi; so I have no Idea what you talking about .. Pic would help ^^

My fav:
    GTO.
    Toradora.
    Hajime no Ippo

Senior Member Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2010 01:18 PM
    Threads

It's true, just about every anime character has a twin somewhere! Hehe, but there are only so many hairstyles and personalities to go around, I guess. ^^
    Ell Oohh Elll /sarcasm

Be who you are and say what you feel,
    because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Nobody has ever won a forum fight. You're not gonna get to page 20 and then they/you say:
    "Oh my bad! You were totally right! Sorry about that misunderstanding!"

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Oh when they have the exact hair color, style, costumes, etc three sizes really doesn't matter! XD

Naw, I'm too lazy to get a pic. lol

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 07:31 AM
    Threads

Yui from K-ON! looked pretty much like Yoshida-san, the hairpins, the hair and her skin color is just a little different...

Yui:

Yoshida:
    Heeey!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Karas

I think you are right about all the limited "option" haha, it is hard to created new, unique character (both look and personality)... Heck.. I see alot of character with Sh%%ty hair style or clothing just becasue the designer don't want them look like other character... I also think this is probly the reason why anime character have so many hair color ^_^ But that also make them look good too haha..
    I think the hair color part isn't so bad, since it can help define a character, and make them differant. But something I thought about. In Gundam 00 part of the ending I didn't like, is a lot of the regular people looked like those... f--k I forgot the name... fake evolved people lol. Im not googleing it right now.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

#1Innovator xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2010 02:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Käras View Post
    I think the hair color part isn't so bad, since it can help define a character, and make them differant. But something I thought about. In Gundam 00 part of the ending I didn't like, is a lot of the regular people looked like those... f--k I forgot the name... fake evolved people lol. Im not googleing it right now.
    Fake evolved people? From Gundam? You mean the Innovades or Innovators?

Anyway...

And Makoto

@Karas

This explains ALOT of Bleach charaters.

Also for another look alike:

Haseo from .Hack//GU
    Allen Walker from d Gray Man

Lavi from D Gray Man

Renji from Bleach
    Last edited by xXPainful SmilexX; 02-24-2010 at 06:31 AM.
    " I am death and sorrow." -Acheron

Take the quizz here!
    http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes...eister-are-you

Member BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 11:59 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by xXPainful SmilexX View Post

Anyway...

And Makoto

This explains ALOT of Bleach charaters.

Also for another look alike:

Haseo from .Hack//GU
    Allen Walker from d Gray Man

Lavi from D Gray Man

Renji from Bleach
    I don't see the similarities between Renjin and Lavi, but I guess cause I never got real into Bleach :/

OT: I think Setsuna Sakisakura (Negima) and Konoka (Love Hina Again) looks alike, but they are both made from Ken, so go figure.

I think the main boy in Karin: Chibi Vampire, the boy with Midori on his hand in Midori Days, and Ichigo from Bleach look alike.

Random AFI Quote: Oh My God, My God this can't be happening, God tell me, tell me this isn't real -A Single Second

Random Aiden Quote: I won't teach her to lie or make a plan. That clairvoyant stare and grin.God won't forgive me for this I know. -We Sleep Forever

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Wow Lavi's WAY cuter than Renji. XD
    (actually Renji's not cute at all.)

Allen and Haseo are like clones. o_o

Seriously, HOW do these people not get sued? XD

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

you mean like when wolfwood (Trigun) and Bunji (gungrave) both wear sunglasses

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

A lot of anime guys have this look, and here are a couple of them -

Izaya Orihara from Durarara:

Hibari Kyoya from Katekyo Hitman Reborn:

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Wow Lavi's WAY cuter than Renji. XD
    (actually Renji's not cute at all.)

I've seriously never seen a picture of Allan looking like that. O_O
    When I think of him, I see more of a pic like

As for lookalikes, I've seen many but I don't remember them . . .
    But a lot of artists have the same styles which makes the characters look pretty much exactly the same. Even eyes from two different authors can be the same. O_O
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 02-26-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post

I saw a picture of Allen in a magazine and thought he looked like Haseo, lol. Damn, someone already took mine....

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by xXPainful SmilexX View Post

Lol yes, those guys. Im honestly surprized so many uniqe characters are shown as having a "twin" Somewhere. Mostly its the background characters, or the secondary (step down from main I guess) are the ones that have a lot of similarities.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information