AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: If it's not finished, why animate it?

Senior Member Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 11:12 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default If it's not finished, why animate it?

I keep watching great shows that end terribly. By that I mean they just end, with nothing more. Now with me being the way I am I do research on it afterwards, and most of the time I find out that the Manga it's based off of, isn't even finished?!? Now I don't hate manga, but reading isn't something im fond of, My ADD is terrible when it comes to reading... So why start something that doesn't even have a end yet? I don't understand. And most of the time they don't even plan on makeing a ending after they finish the manga.
    Something else I wanted to say, I liked the show Air Gear, I thought it was good, but then it ended, and I had my wtf moment, and went on a rampage to find more info. Now I started checking out the first few volumes of the manga and had another wtf moment. Not only is it completly differant, but there is soooo much more to it.
    Is doing this some ploy to get us to read the manga more? Or is it just someone being a *(many words came to mind)* to mess with us?
    Signature made by: Hakuchuumu
    TYVM!
    Originally Posted by Bandaid X
    Ell Oohh Elll?

You typed a 9-paragraph post to uhm... not disagree with anyone?

Welcome to the interwebz! ^^

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

I have the same problem with Soul Eater,NEEDLESS,and Get Backers(Though it did not follow the Manga after the infinite tower was it?).

I know NEEDLESS, and Soul Eater are not done,but they should at least put fillers,or stop it and let the Manga get ahead.

SABER-lover -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.- has a reputation beyond repute -P.N.-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 12:58 PM
    Threads

I think one of the reason they doing that is to make us read the manga? Like an advertismenet or sumthing o.O
    I know it make not much sense but that all I can think of atm...
    Currently on Chapter 11 FFXIII oh.. and FAT PRINCESS is a fun game haha.
    "Hoa đẹp là hoa có gai, gái đẹp là gái phá thai nhiều lần."

My fav:
    GTO.
    Clannad (and after story of course).
    Toradora.
    Hajime no Ippo

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Think of the flipside, though. If the anime is done after the manga's finished, assuming it directly follows the manga (which rarely happens...), wouldn't everyone know what will happen?

...so that you know where you can find me

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Money.

Money, money, money, money, money, and more money.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

As mentioned, Soul Eater's ending blows chunks. I wish they had ended the show after the first major story arc.

Fruits Basket was also rather awkwardly paced for the last 4 or 5 episodes. That's all that come to mind that I've watched fairly recently.

On the flip side, NieA_7 doesn't really have a dramatic ending, but it's not even based on manga. In fact, it's just like they took a portion of the middle of a story and turned it into a 13 episode series. Yet it still turned out to be a very good show. Stories don't need dramatic or epic endings. They just need to be satisfying.
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It is just manga/anime tradition really it is quite common. In cases where a anime is based off of a manga, the corresponding manga will always seem more complete and not just at the end either.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol so far Gjallarhorn's response is probly the most likely reason.
    But as for what AzureDark said, that kinda should be the case regardless. But with Anime you get to see it in Motion, animated in color, and with emotion in the voices. Even if you know how it ends, you get more scenes to show it happen, other then single pictures that don't depict much.
    I think with the New FMA, and DBZ being made more closly towards thier manga origin they would be more appreciated, But again, with Gjallarhorn's reason, they also get more money with the huge fan base. Useing Fillers can sometimes be a good move, but at the same time can cause some serious hatred towards a series.
    Something else. Even if a show isn't fully based on the manga, or takes like it in the begining, then goes in a completly diffearnt direction, can it really be liked as much? Most people seem to enjoy the manga versions better, and the Manga's seem to give out more information. I use Wikipedia a lot, and it seems like a major spoiler sometimes, since the show doesn't explain enough.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ekysp_yagami View Post
    I think one of the reason they doing that is to make us read the manga? Like an advertismenet or sumthing o.O
    I know it make not much sense but that all I can think of atm...
    You're right for the most part. This mostly applies to OVA's from the 80's and anime like Air Gear.

Xero is right as well.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    You're right for the most part. This mostly applies to OVA's from the 80's and anime like Air Gear.

Xero is right as well.
    Well Air Gear's Manga is completly differant, even the characters personality (from the little I could stand). Ok, so take this example. I was watching Tsubasa Chronicles latley, I had most of it dubbed, but never got the rest, So I found a fan subbed second season. Then not only is it not finished, I found out there are some ova's released. some in 08, and another part in 09. Now I can't find the video's anywhere, so I can't really watch it. And that also goes with many shows that end, and then throw some OVA's out randomly. It's hard to find them, and when they put them out, its like they arn't announced or something.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think they do it because it's "still hot" while the manga is running but when the manga ends, people stop caring. I think they should start production on the anime while the manga is two-thirds of the way finished. But even that might not make it popular enough.

I'm with you though. Anime endings should be written AFTER the manga ends....ugh.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What got me really irritated was after watching Nana, I found out the Manga was still going, and the show ended like it did. Now half the shows that end like that I am always sure to watch the ending through to its end to see what is said about maybe more. Tsubasa Chronicles said something about more, and ther is OVA's, although I can't find them. Nana said there would be more as well, and I figured it would be after the manga finished. Air gear isnt likely too... But there was a show called Eden of the East, that didnt end, at its end, but annouced a movie, same with Gundam 00 to show how its really supposed to end, or possibly continue. But there are some that don't, and show no premise of there being any more. It just seems to me if what you put out gets you fans, keep with it till the end. I mean as much hatred (useally the most retarded reasons are given) as the Gundam series gets, It is a money maker for a reason. I'm not saying to makeing more series with off world things, Gundam can keep that. But at the very least, finishing with another season seems like it could do a show a lot of good.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Eden of the East wasn't based on a manga or novel. The intent from the beginning was to end it with two movies; one came out in November ("The King of Eden"), the second comes out in March ("Paradise Lost").

Anime is really, for the most part, just a money-making device, much more so than manga or light-novels. Anime is generally made from popular manga and light-novels and visual-novel so that the people who liked the source material will watch and buy merchandise from the anime. The real artistic value and intent is in the source material, while anime is just the further commercialization of it. Exceptions from this are in anime which are based on a manga or novel or visual-novel but aren't trying to be a direct animation of it, like the Ghost in the Shell series, or in original animated series, such as Eden of the East or .hack//SIGN, etc. This isn't a 100% presumption, but it works in the vast majority of cases.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eden of the East is a case where I speculate they need a movie for normal people who don't watch otaku-centric anime. Anime movies are successful but that's either because it's directed by Miyazaki, is a major shonen title or it has a built in otaku fanbase like that Nanoha movie.

Nana had a great ending from what I hear. I'd much rather have a good ending different from the manga than an anime that never ends.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 02-20-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmm didn't know there was a second... But atleast thats better then most. That had a planned way of showing the series. Wouldn't you think it more costly to start something that doesn't have its ending, then something that does? I mean, Bleach won't lose its fanbase so fast, but the constant fillers really do kill it sometimes. Doing arc's, and other side stories that really have nothing to do with the story, makes a show boring most the time, and can give it a bad rep, which in turn would affect sales and what not.
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Käras View Post
    Hmm didn't know there was a second... But atleast thats better then most. That had a planned way of showing the series. Wouldn't you think it more costly to start something that doesn't have its ending, then something that does? I mean, Bleach won't lose its fanbase so fast, but the constant fillers really do kill it sometimes. Doing arc's, and other side stories that really have nothing to do with the story, makes a show boring most the time, and can give it a bad rep, which in turn would affect sales and what not.
    Filler does serve an important purpose though. The anime is based on the manga, so the manga is essentially a blueprint. But anime moves faster than manga does, so it will eventually begin to catch up to the manga. The anime can't overlap the manga, so they insert filler episodes and filler arcs to allow the manga time to gain distance in the storyline from the anime. The argument could be made that they could simply stop airing the series until the manga has gained distance, but in doing so, the series would not generate any revenue from commercial advertisements, and re-airing older episodes at random is both sloppy and doesn't achieve ratings as high as filler episodes, since it's unseen content (even if it's non-canon content).

People could also take the route of simply not watching filler episodes when they start...but a lot of people just don't seem to grasp that concept.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think its that they don't grasp it. Have you ever stopped watching a show for a bit? I was watching bleach when it first came out, and I loved it, But I didn't stop cause I wanted to, I had to move, and I kinda lost track of which shows I was watching, and ended up getting really far behind on it. I don't think people grasp that they can always go back to it. They are afraid of missing something, or want to be the first to see it.
    Also it seems only certain shows use fillers, or side story arcs (that useally are pointless). Shows that stop, and you wait for a second season useally seem to get more hype about them. Bleach, and Naruto being played on american TV like they are, could end up airing as many episodes as they please, with as many fillers as they want due to it being aired for many ages with the editing. I like watching the just released shows that aired in japan, and got fansubbed. Mostly cause you get it how it was meant to be (sometimes).
    Anyway, how does a companey decide to start a anime, while the manga is still going? Is it based on initial reaction to the manga, or do they do it based on what "could" have the possibility of being a good franchise. I mean not everyone has the means to see the manga. You can change the story a bit ofcourse, leave out some things that are just in the manga, that could eventually lead people from the show to the manga itself. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I don't read manga really. I can't get into it like I can a show. And I know im not the only one. But doesn't starting something that doesn't have a ending yet seem really risky?
    TYVM!
    Ell Oohh Elll?

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information