AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month July Phase 2 Results

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month July Phase 2 Results

Tick tock tick tock.

This week we are going in a special way, Entry 1 vs Entry 4, Entry 2 vs Entry 5, Entry 3 vs Entry 6.

Battle 1: Ardelia vs Daken

Ardelia runs with the fun theme, splashing the colors of he text preset's idea very well. The choice of taking a normally color character and turning them grayscale is creative as well given the compliments of other, strong color. the text is strong as well, focusing the largest size heading as very attractive, and combining it with the other subtext. The overall tag is busy in some places, and a bit uninspired given the splatter effects, it is present nicely.

Daken's entry follows the same pattern kind of idea as Ardelia. Although there isnt as high a contrast element as in hers. The vibrant splashes of colors around the focus are nice, but a little lacking. The overall tag is also very bright. The text, the thing that should be most important, is a bit unreadable given the font choice.

Of the two, we are choosing Ardelia's entry for a higher color contrast and a better use of text.

Battle 3: Seung-li vs. MaruDashi

Seung-li is running with the vectors. A very strange entry, playing her usual stuff causes some interesting effects. The signature is almost vibrating, the duplicated multicolor stock image along with the main text is a very lively bit, and is very eye drawing. We do complain that the space isnt used as much as is should, with other unnecessary filler stuff like the dark blue boxes. We also kind of wish that the AG.net text was better integrated with the CMYK text.

Maru, Oh we have a completely different beast here all together. The key to this piece is the fact it's simple and top the point. For a typography heavy piece, it's pulled off well. One complaint is there's too many of of the swirls in the foreground overshadowing the CYMK text meaning the AG.net Text stands out more. However she's hit the right note on the color. A very simplistic tag.

In the end, we chose Seung over Maru, the Text in Seung's isnt overshadowed by the other effects, but instead better compliments what is around it.

We skipped a battle, and here it is.

Battle 2: Zenister vs. BlueAngel

The circumstances around this battle cannot be discussed in public, but we will say this. Our judges took an extra day to decide what the best course of action was based upon judging this pair. Do we judge the entries on their own merits, or upon the merits by which they were entered? But we will say that a form of cheating may have been involved, AGAIN, we cannot discuss because this has never happened before.

After deliberating, the judges decided the best course of action was to just let both entrants into the BOTM for another round given that we still have 2 weeks left.

Alrighty then, thank you all for participating and understanding the delay.

Those moving on to round 3:

Ardelia
    Seung-li
    BlueAngel
    Zenister

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Battle of the Month July Phase 2 Results

I'm curious as to what happened with my battle.... But ok.... Least I made it through I reckon that's all that really matters.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I liked your piece a lot, blue. =] Guess we should just be happy we both get to go another round.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Congrats to the people going into the next round. As said before, this my last run with the contests, but it was fun while it lasted.

Again, congrats :3

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

5. Likes Zenister liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Its overwhelming that I won this one, and I adore Maru's so much. ;_; Congratulations to everyone and good job to all.

7. Likes Zenister liked this post
    s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Sorry for getting all gushy, but I just wanted a moment to say that this round has been the most fun Battle of the Month that I have ever participated in. I loved every single entry that was entered in this round, and I thought all of them were absolutely beautiful.

I want to thank each and every one of you for being awesome, basically.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

9. Likes Daken. liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information