AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My cat will be taken away from me!

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Question My cat will be taken away from me!

My cat will be taken away from me!
    Help! my parents decided to give my cat to a cousin of mine, but i don't want that! it's my cat, i found it when it was little, now, 2 months later they are going to give her away! please, does anyone know how i could convince my parents not to give azu-nyan away???

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Kill the cat before they take it.

No, just kidding. The question is, why do they want to take it? If they have a really good reason for it, I don't think that you should be against it. Those are your parents after all.

If you really want that cat, the best thing you can do is have a talk to them. As long as it's gonna be a calm, mature and respectful talk. (No begging or crying.) Parents tend to refuse to listen to their children when they see that they're being too childish.

If you tell them how much you love it, and give them good a reason to keep it, they probably -might- consider keeping it, unless, like I said before, they have a really good reason for it. (For example, your mom is allergic to cats.) And you should also pay attention to what they have to say and respect their reasons and final decision. If they have decided to take it away no matter what, there's really nothing you can do about it. And don't get mad at them, because doing so will only buy you a ticket to be grounded, and it will definitely not make them keep the cat for you.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 01-29-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, she's messing up the living room, by devoiring a bread.
    my parents aren't allergic to cats... and i probably won't be grounded for anything... but that cat's my best friend, since people in school think i'm weird, becouse i like diffrent things then they do.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by »Amber« View Post
    well, she's messing up the living room, by devoiring a bread.
    my parents aren't allergic to cats... and i probably won't be grounded for anything... but that cat's my best friend, since people in school think i'm weird, becouse i like diffrent things then they do.
    If your cat is up to shenanigans, it's probably bored. If you play with it until it gets tired every day, then there should be less monkey-business.

You should also take responsibility for the cat. If your cat makes a mess, you should be the one to tidy up. That way, it's your burden, and not theirs, so the cat will be less of a bother for them. In fact, taking responsibility for cat-related chores like that (feeding it, emptying the litter box, etc.) will show to your parents that you are mature enough to take care of your cat, and might change their mind about it. Though it's a lot of work and responsibility.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-29-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

How is this not a blog topic?

Bad Memory

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    How is this not a blog topic?
    Since the rule change in October, threads like these are generally allowed.

The rationale is that if a topic is not of general interest, it will vanish from the main page all on it's own, and there's no point in artificially enforcing this effect, and doing so will cause more harm than good.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, i've done all of that, but they still won't let me have it, becouse it messed up the chairs

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, i've done all of that, but they still won't let me have it, becouse it messed up the chairs
    So it's scratching the chairs? Have you offered some substitute to scratch? Cats will scratch stuff and it's an unchangeable nature of theirs, and they'll do it on furniture or curtains if they can't find anything better.

Get a scratch post or two for the cat to scratch instead. This page outlines how to wean cats off scratching furniture and onto scratching a scratch post: http://www.catscratching.com/

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...distracted.jpg
    Sorry, but almost every cat ever refuses to use a scratching post. Getting one may be a waste of time, you never know.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    Threads

i'd kill someone if they ever tried to take my kitty!my cat dosen't make too much of a mess mostly because i wrestle with her everyday lol, plus i trained it to be an outside cat,thats something you can do, because i don't care what excuse your parents give you the kitty litter box is one of their complaints, i hate them too so every cat i've ever had i trained to go outside when it had to use the bathroom, you start off by throwing the cat out with the kitty litter box outside, the cat will come back trust me, they know where the get food at, and after a month the litter box isn't even needed out side.and it's funny the way cats figure out how to tell you they wanna come in side, my old cat mittens use to put her paw under the screen door and pull it making a almost knocking noise when she let go letting us no, plus they'll let you know when they wanna go out.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If your cat happends to be old, I may know the reason why.

If that is not the case, try saying this to your parents- word for word:

"I have recognised my errors in judgement, and am willing to accept any reconciliation agreement with said parent to further expand my options to taking personal responsibility for any and all monetary damages caused by the object in question."

They won't be able to say no. =]
    Last edited by Skylar1; 01-29-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...distracted.jpg
    Sorry, but almost every cat ever refuses to use a scratching post. Getting one may be a waste of time, you never know.
    Most people fail to teach the cat to use the post. This usually stems from a poor understanding of cat psychology. If you train a cat to do something like you would a dog or a child, you will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    If that is not the case, try saying this to your parents- word for word:

"I have recognised my errors in judgement, and am willing to to accept any reconciliation agreement with said parent to further expand my options to taking personal responsibility for any and all monetary damages caused by the object in question."

They won't be able to say no. =]
    Depends on your parents' opinion of lawyers. I'd pimp-slap a kid if they started talking like that.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

From what you say it tears up things, and more than likely they have paid for the cat and the things it has torn up with their money.

Get a job, replace the things the cat has messed up. Buy the cat food and litter if it is an indoor cat. Then go talk to your parents. If you cant obtain a job then there is no logical argument against your parents getting rid of 'your' cat.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 01-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I'd pimp-slap a kid if they started talking like that.
    I second that.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So the cat's being taken away...Sucks for you but not for Somalian kids. They would kill for cat on their dinner rocks, especially when the cat has extra meat on its bones.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    From what you say it tears up things, and more than likely they have paid for the cat and the things it has torn up with their money.

Get a job, replace the things the cat has messed up. Buy the cat food and litter if it is an indoor cat. Then go talk to your parents. If you cant obtain a job then there is no logical argument against your parents getting rid of 'your' cat.
    getting a job is illegal for me =_="

and my parents already decided to give her away... she was 2 months... R.I.P...
    Last edited by Nanobyte; 01-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

You should kill the cat and blame your parents and yell "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!????????"

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

no, becouse that way i still lose the cat ;__;

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by International 4-8818 View Post
    You should kill the cat and blame your parents and yell "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!????????"
    Wait, she already put R.I.P. That must mean the cat is already dead. They must have given the cat to the Somalians by now...to feed. Hummens r hungry and they will feed on almost anything.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

shes not dead yet, my cousin can't take care of her, only i can. :'(

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

shes not dead yet, my cousin can't take care of her, only i can. :'(
    "yet" is the key word here. Anyway, it sucks to be you and I'm sure something good will happen in the future...blah, blah, blah...

/cheap eulogy

Reason: Chicken burrito is getting cold...

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well actually it doesn't suck to be me, but you're going offtopic, i need reasons to keep azu-nyan and i don't want her dead or any of that.

Butylicious Rainbou Bouddica Boutie Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou has a reputation beyond repute Bou's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Toast Chilled Monkey Brains Dodge Viper SRT10
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2013 05:47 PM
    Threads

It's really not your choice, Amber.
    You don't pay rent, so it's your parent's house.
    They have the right to throw out the cat if they please.
    They had to deal with it at your age, so.. In their minds, so do you!?
    Also, There will be other cats in your life! Don't worry about just one.

| Requests are closed | tumblr

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

Well, have your cousin take in the cat and in the meantime, try your best to prove that you can be a responsible young adult. Ask your parents if you could go see the cat and perhaps have it back if you prove your worth.

Closed Thread

Thread Information