AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Pink Floyd

Senior Member estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2011 07:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Pink Floyd

I would hope that by now, many people have heard of Pink Floyd. Their album, The Dark Side Of The Moon, put them on the map, permanently, as a group that could make great music.

Current Status: Disbanded

Genre: Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock

Former Members:
    David Gilmour (1946-Present)
    Roger Waters (1943-Present)
    Richard Wright (1943-2008)
    Nick Mason (1944-Present)
    Syd Barret (1946-2006)
    Bob Klose (1945-Present)

Years Active: 1965-1995 and briefly in 2005

Popular Songs:
    Another Brick in The Wall, pt. 2 (The Wall)
    Comfortably Numb (The Wall)
    Money (The Dark Side Of The Moon)
    Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here)
    Young Lust (The Wall)
    Hey You (The Wall)
    Us and Them (The Dark Side Of The Moon
    Shine On, You Crazy Diamond (Wish You Were Here)

Discography:
    The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (1967)
    A Saucerful Of Secrets (1968)
    More (1969)
    Ummagumma (1969)
    Atom Heart Mother (1970)
    Meddle (1971)
    Obscured By Clouds (1972)
    The Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)
    Wish You Were Here (1975)
    Animals (1977)
    The Wall (1979)
    The Final Cut (1983)
    A Momentary Lapse Of Reason (1987)
    The Division Bell (1994)

I know there has to be a couple of other Pink Floyd fans here. If there are, try to find this and let us discuss the awesomeness of Pink Floyd.
    Last edited by estrago1; 01-19-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    Wish You Were Here, hid behind my Wall, on The Dark Side of the Moon, Obscured by Clouds, surrounded by Animals, who Meddle for More with the Piper at the Gates of Dawn, who waits for the Division Bell to ring to have a Momentary Lapse of Reason

Chat With Me On AIM: ajp518121

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

Pink Floyd... When I DJ'd at a local radio station I didn't play them very much, except by request. I think Pink Floyd did change the Rock genre quite a bit, but over the radio the music loses it's charm.

As a matter of fact, when I did get it requested I refused to play it off of the computer. I would only play it off of the old 12-inch. However, when you have big studio headphones wired into your turntable with The Wall on the rotation...

OMG O_O
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

Senior Member estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1 has a reputation beyond repute estrago1's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, when Pink Floyd is played on the radio, it's good, but they usually play stuff from The Wall and The Dark Side Of The Moon, which were both continuous albums (but I don't have to tell you that). So you're always wanting more.
    Wish You Were Here, hid behind my Wall, on The Dark Side of the Moon, Obscured by Clouds, surrounded by Animals, who Meddle for More with the Piper at the Gates of Dawn, who waits for the Division Bell to ring to have a Momentary Lapse of Reason

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Awesome band. Had some huge missteps, but then again, is there a prog rock band that didn't? Favorite albums (in no particular order): The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Barrett = awesome), Wish You Were Here, The Wall.

Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'd say that my favorite albums are Obscured By Clouds, Animals, and Meddle.

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

Great band, very soothing. My favorite album of their's is Animals.
    feed your monster

The Local Vampire XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX has a reputation beyond repute XxPantherChickxX's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2011 08:23 PM
    Threads

I love Pink Floyd. The song "Comfortably Numb" is the song I listen to by them when I'm depressed, but I'm not listening to it right now...

~Beautiful set made by *Tsuki* <333

<--Clicky, plz!

I gave you my heart to keep in your possession. It's very fragile and the only one I have left, so please don't break it. <3

Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by XxPantherChickxX View Post
    I love Pink Floyd. The song "Comfortably Numb" is the song I listen to by them when I'm depressed, but I'm not listening to it right now...
    I listen to Comfortably Numb a lot, too, when I'm depressed. The live version of "Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980-81" is a great version. The guitar solo is is even better than the studio version.

Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here is a video of Pink Floyd performing The Wall live in 1980. This concert looked awesome.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey, check this out. It's a video of Pink Floyd playing live in 1994 during their P.U.L.S.E. tour. A great version of "Another Brick In The Wall, pt. 2" with two solos.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Member truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion has a reputation beyond repute truthillusion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2011 10:12 PM
    Threads

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and Meddle are some of the greatest albums ever made, ever.

Senior Member warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2010 07:41 PM
    Threads

If anyone says they dont, then :O

~*Start looking around you
    and all you will see, are people the world would be better off without *~

Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anyone ever listen to "Atom Heart Mother?" It may not be their best album, but it still a great album.

Closed Thread

Thread Information