AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is "LOVE" really a vauled treasure anymore?

La Nouvelle Lune NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2010 04:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Hatred? In the beginning after the breakup, I wondered hard if I did hate her. I was certainly angry and hurt. But hate? No. I loved her. It would take more than a breakup to turn that into hatred.

I suppose in a vague and general way, I still love her. But it's not the same manner of love, which is why I hesitate to use the word.

Well thats almost like a cover-up but when you put this way, i understand! But do you sorta understand what i was saying?
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, I get what you're saying. I just define it a little differently.

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Comparing love to treasure implies that it is fragile and easily breakable.

Instead, I like to compare my love to meat. Delicious, tough, consistent (most of the time), and essential to my daily diet (vegans/vegetarians, just give me this). I value it very much.
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 01-18-2010 at 08:39 PM.

La Nouvelle Lune NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi has a reputation beyond repute NaitoTenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
    Comparing love to treasure implies that it is fragile and easily breakable.

Instead, I like to compare my love to meat. Delicious, tough, consistent (most of the time), and essential to my daily diet (vegans/vegetarians, just give me this). I value it very much.

Thats a lovely way to put it...
    but not all treasure is easily broken! although i get your point!
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow . . . people on AF are so calculated.
    But I guess I already knew that.

Anyway . . .
    1. I don't think it is.
    2. No, I don't believe so.
    3. Well, I'm not sure about others, but I do.
    4. You weren't wrong.
    5. No. Not after what you know, now.
    6. No, not really.
    7. I didn't do anything since it's never happened. >.<

Mmkay, answered all your questions.
    Now for story time!

I'll start with the one my English teacher told our class.

He has a friend who started dating this girl in seventh grade.
    After (sorry I forgot the number of years) years,
    they are still together and the happiest that he has ever seen a couple.
    They have 5 (I think) kids, and haven't had one break in their relationship.

And then my parents . . .

My dad asked my mom to marry him when she was 19 years old.
    She was Christian, and he was Lutheran.
    Even after my mother was cornered in the kitchen and yelled at by his family, she still married him.
    My mom gave up smoking for my dad because he didn't like it,
    and my dad stopped drinking and coming home super late after drinking.
    No one thought they would last, but they did.
    They're still together today, and go to each other when they have problems with work or something.
    They've been married for 30 years, and I know that they haven't cheated on each other.

The End. ^_^
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 01-18-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *Tsuki* View Post
    Wow . . . people on AF are so calculated.
    But I guess I already knew that.

Anyway . . .
    1. I don't think it is.
    2. No, I don't believe so.
    3. Well, I'm not sure about others, but I do.
    4. You weren't wrong.
    5. No. Not after what you know, now.
    6. No, not really.
    7. I didn't do anything since it's never happened. >.<

Mmkay, answered all your questions.
    Now for story time!

I'll start with the one my English teacher told our class.

He has a friend who started dating this girl in seventh grade.
    After (sorry I forgot the number of years) years,
    they are still together and the happiest that he has ever seen a couple.
    They have 5 (I think) kids, and haven't had one break in their relationship.

And then my parents . . .

My dad asked my mom to marry him when she was 19 years old.
    She was Christian, and he was Lutheran.
    Even after my mother was cornered in the kitchen and yelled at by his family, she still married him.
    My mom gave up smoking for my dad because he didn't like it,
    and my dad stopped drinking and coming home super late after drinking.
    No one thought they would last, but they did.
    They're still together today, and go to each other when they have problems with work or something.
    They've been married for 30 years, and I know that they haven't cheated on each other.

The End. ^_^

Well thanks for answering my ?s
    and thanks for the stories too, wow what your parents share is wonderful!
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NaitoTenshi View Post
    Do you really believe that? So if you were married and your partner slept with your bestfriend because she loved them....that would be fair?

What ever happened to story book love? That loved that was treasured above all things material?

The love you were willing to fight over?

Is it really lost? I mean do we really not treasure that thing we used to call "LOVE"?
    A fine relative answer would be this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    what did you expect? We can't all be made of rainbows and sunshine! Just remember: All things end. We are only half responsible for the type of ending we see, but wholly responsible for how that ending shapes us, and our response to it.
    Though, I've said "Everything is fair in love and war", I doubt deceit can be a part of a your love life. If you love someone, then you've got to do everything to help her, to please her, to prove your love's worth. But if she still ignores your true feeling then, I'm afraid it's time for you to reconsider whether you've mistaken minor infatuation for a true love, for there's hardly such a thing as a one-sided love.

As it is already mentioned that there are more than 6.5 billion people in this world, I'm sure you would find a perfect woman compatible to you, whom you can trust, for whom you are willing to do anything, and who also shares the same feeling about you, if you search harder or if you just keep on living your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hax View Post
    If all was fair in love and war, man would not get married.
    Good lord! No! I said get CREATIVE, not DESTRUCTIVE. Though, I know that most people have an inexplicable urge to consider destruction as an integral part of creativity, it is wiser to adapt more restraint.

Just think of all the home-made cookies your loved one would happily make for you in the future. You HAVE to become more decent, more faithful, be willing to do anything to help your loved one, and ulitmately get out the dark side of the force for the sake of all those cookies.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well thanks for that...rather intresting perspective!

Umm i do have to say that i agree with one thing that you said though...

"...for there's hardly such a thing as a one-sided love." and sometimes people really dont understand that at all...
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

Member WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle has a reputation beyond repute WillemStyle's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2010 04:15 PM
    Threads

Love is a really valuable treasure, if you only say "i love you" when you really mean it, and out of your true feelings for that special person.

it's a very nice feeling, dreaming hours and hours a day just about that person!

But too bad, most people are only interested in sexual activities, and they forget the main point why these things are in the world!

Hell, this world is so destroyed!

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WillemStyle View Post
    Love is a really valuable treasure, if you only say "i love you" when you really mean it, and out of your true feelings for that special person.
    Such a "treasure" never got me tickets to Sunday's Jets game against the Chargers.

it's a very nice feeling, dreaming hours and hours a day just about that person!
    They're hours and hours spent on something wasteful. They could be spent getting an education and studying. Make those hours have a legitimate purpose. Finding love does not earn you money. Graduating college gets you plenty, though and everybody loves money.

But too bad, most people are only interested in sexual activities, and they forget the main point why these things are in the world!
    We don't forget the main point. We ignore the main point and just indulge in the pleasure of sex without the high-maintenance relationship garbage. Why do you think there is such a thing as a friend with "benefits"?

Good lord! No! I said get CREATIVE, not DESTRUCTIVE. Though, I know that most people have an inexplicable urge to consider destruction as an integral part of creativity, it is wiser to adapt more restraint.
    Destruction is a rather unorthodox means of creation. (That's speaking in terms of art, though.)

You HAVE to become more decent, more faithful, be willing to do anything to help your loved one, and ulitmately get out the dark side of the force for the sake of all those cookies.
    I don't know about that. You should see who makes those Entenmann's cookies.

...and you wonder why people get lured in. I joined 2 weeks ago. I got a Leia clone to have my way with in addition to a cookie.
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 01-19-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hax
    We don't forget the main point. We ignore the main point and just indulge in the pleasure of sex without the high-maintenance relationship garbage. Why do you think there is such a thing as a friend with "benefits"?
    There is such a thing as "friends with benefits" because people like to try new things, or just not be involved in all that "relationship garbage" which requires an actual commitment.

Also, when you say "we", you only speak for half of the men out there, not all. A lot of men actually know how to respect the person they are with, even in a friends-with-benefits scenario.

I don't know about that. You should see who makes those Entenmann's cookies.
    I am assuming Entenmann's.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 01-19-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    There is such a thing as "friends with benefits" because people like to try new things, or just not be involved in all that "relationship garbage" which requires an actual commitment.
    Commitment is too much work for some.

A lot of men actually know how to respect the person they are with, even in a friends-with-benefits scenario.
    I like how you're implying that I don't respect the person I'm with. I may not see things in the same light as you or anyone else but I do know how to put forth respect. You can be as skeptical as you like on that statement. It doesn't mean I will acknowledge it nor does it mean I will accept or ignore your possible attacks toward me.
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 01-19-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Commitment is too much work for some.
    It apparently is. Because then, you have to pretty much be decent, reliable, honest, responsible and trustworthy. Emotionally and mentally stable helps, too.

Not that you can't be all those things a friends-with-benefits scenario, but that takes a special kind of person.

I like how you're implying that I don't respect the person I'm with. I may not see things in the same light as you or anyone else but I do know how to put forth respect. You can be as skeptical as you like on that statement. It doesn't mean I will acknowledge it nor does it mean I will accept or ignore your possible attacks toward me.
    Wut?

I can't possibly be "implying" such about you personally or "the person you are with", because no where I read, did you say anything about the "person you were with." There is no way to imply something about someone you did not even know existed. Sorry.

Also, I was speaking in general to different parts of your post, not about you directly. I don't see where I "attacked" you.

but I do know how to put forth respect.
    You do!

But really. Love is great when you have it. Even better when you know how to keep it.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 01-19-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Now you're rubbing the past in my face? Clearly an attack on your part. I know the game you're trying to play. You're trying to get me to show disrespect again by showing the world that post I made some time ago in an attempt to get me an infraction. I won't fall for that trick.
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 01-19-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Eh I'm not saying it's gone. But It's definitely much harder to track down. Like most marriages now days end in failure, which I guess is practical. Because why stay in something if you're not happy? But still I digress. There's a whole new dimension of shallowness when it comes to dating and hooking up now. I remember when I was in grade school and stuff hooking up meant like meeting up with people! Then when I got to middle school it was like "Did you hook up with anyone this weekend?" and I was like Oh yeah tons of people. Now there's this whole casual stuff, then there's "facebook official" (which is ludicrous) but still whatever I mean. I guess I'm a hypocrite cause i've had just random hookups and also real relationships when I care but the shallowness of either me or the other party really gets the better of you. I dunno I think we should all just be celibate.........I mean not really but yknow. Hyperbole and whatnot.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Now you're rubbing the past in my face? Clearly an attack on your part. I know the game you're trying to play. You're trying to get me to show disrespect again by showing the world that post I made some time ago in an attempt to get me an infraction. I won't fall for that trick.
    It's not like you don't deserve it for those words. Also, I like how you show no one disrespect yet expect to see it from everyone else. Didn't your mama ever tell you that you show people how you want to be treated by the way you treat them?

Anyway, love is the most valuable thing to me. I've spent my entire life searching for "the one", and I can't wait till I find her and she is mine (ie we are in a committed and healthy relationship, and married would be great too). For me, sex comes after love; it just needs to be in place before I can be intimate like that with someone. It's not that way for everyone, and while I respect their beliefs I also feel sorrow (not sorry) for them. But some people just don't understand any of that, and while that's their prerogative you shouldn't let it get you down. Follow your own morals.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Anyway, love is the most valuable thing to me. I've spent my entire life searching for "the one", and I can't wait till I find her and she is mine (ie we are in a committed and healthy relationship, and married would be great too).

You have no idea how WONDERFUL you sound...I kno the girl you get will be truly blessed! Your LOVE lvl is off the charts and not only that your willing to wait for love first...love...hmm!

I think most people take love for granted because they look around and see that no one else treasures it anymore...if not everyone then majority of people! Love...some people never experinced that love that seems to stop time in its tracks, that love that causes everything to be seen in the light of happiness, and fairness! Love...that beautiful creature that tends to bless only a few with the special sight to even know love when we see it...
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Quote Originally Posted by Master Betty View Post
    But "Love" itself is just a word. It's not the word, it's the connection it implies that counts.
    So, like every word?

Love is different with everyone; some live for it while others can barely grasp the concept. I know that the "real" love can exsist, but it depends on other character traits a person has whether or not it lasts.

I tell you this though, it can be a big ugly game. They say in a relationship one always loves more than the other, and if you're the one who loves more...be prepared to have your heart ripped out.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Buruku View Post
    ...They say in a relationship one always loves more than the other, and if you're the one who loves more...be prepared to have your heart ripped out.
    You dont acutally mean that you have had your heart ripped out in a realtionship do you? And i dont believe that you can love someone more than theyll let you...so if your loving them more than what you should, arent you kinda asking for it? Its almost loving the fact that you can be hurt..no?

Hmm...just a thought!
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is loved treasured anymore?

Love has never been a valued treasure by the general population, we just go by what society accepts.

I'm not saying people don't seek it, but with arranged marriages and loveless marriages, you can't treasure something you've never had.

And I don't see how its any harder to find someone that you love now than it was before, considering our population is exponentially rising and has been since... the 1500's? More variation for ya, dearie.

I also see that I'm not the only one who thinks this belongs in a blog.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-19-2010 at 08:56 PM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post

Love has never been a valued treasure by the general population, we just go by what society accepts.

And I don't see how its any harder to find someone that you love now than it was before, considering our population is exponentially rising and has been since... the 1500's? More variation for ya, dearie.

Your spoiler tags are showing.

Edit: Dammit! Too fast for me!

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Buruku View Post
    So, like every word?

Love is different with everyone; some live for it while others can barely grasp the concept. I know that the "real" love can exsist, but it depends on other character traits a person has whether or not it lasts.

I tell you this though, it can be a big ugly game. They say in a relationship one always loves more than the other, and if you're the one who loves more...be prepared to have your heart ripped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post

I'm not saying people don't seek it, but with arranged marriages and loveless marriages, you can't treasure something you've never had.

True... and it so sad that most people are drones to society!
    ^^^SiGGY BY Bayamesa^^^
    Join my RPG!!!

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to agree with many of the responses above mine. I can't really say love has ever been a valued treasure, or even a treasure at all. Sadly as M Mori said, people who never had love can't value it regardless of other's feelings.

Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    It's not like you don't deserve it for those words. Also, I like how you show no one disrespect yet expect to see it from everyone else. Didn't your mama ever tell you that you show people how you want to be treated by the way you treat them?
    It still doesn't mean rub it in my face long after it's been done. It means confront me right from the beginning about it. Find out what my beef is with the victim. The victim and I can then squash the beef one-on-one without the need for a possible third party to interfere.

To respond to your possibly rhetorical question, if I wish to be respected, yeah, I will respect on the first hand. I expect disrespect from people because I am skeptical of whether or not they mean what they say.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NaitoTenshi View Post
    True... and it so sad that most people are drones to society!
    Whatever does not treasuring love have to be with being a drone to society? Wouldn't free spirits evaluate the merits of love and come to an independent conclusion, be it that of society or something else?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information