AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tsuki's Sets

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Tsuki's Sets

Making this before I chicken out.
    So . . . I've been messing around for a couple months now,
    but only in the past few days have I actually decided to start trying.
    I'm pretty much still a beginner among beginners.
    Anyway . . .

The first that was actually made a couple weeks back . . .

The second I made for Yilin.

The one I made for myself. Yea . . . I know about the text.
    But my friend was complaining, so I put it in there.
    Without it looks like this.

This was for Kirako Shima, but I didn't like it and it didn't fit her tastes anyway.
    It was very simple.

And one for XxPantherChickxX. Smudging . . . was bad. And text looks like it was just thrown in there. Which it kind of was, because I wasn't sure where to put it. >.<

All my text needs work. *sigh*

Anyway, that's all.
    Hope that's not too much.
    And sorry that they're all jpegs.
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 01-17-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You already mentioned yourself that you're aware that you're a beginner, so I'll just skip over that part. Don't expect to be churning out masterpieces, but keep working on it and you'll be good in no time, I promise.

Anyways, I thought I'd point out I think your mew signature is the best of the ones you showed because it clearly shows multiple elements of a good signature, and I'll break it down for you so you can see it easily.

There are clearly 3 parts of the image. The area highlighted in red; the stock. The area highlighted in green; the effects. The area highlighted in purple; the background. The text too I guess, which constitutes a fourth part, but I'll mention that later.

Anyways, as I was saying, these are the three most basic elements that make up most compositions. Of course what elements you have and how many you have vary from signature to signature depending on style, but generally it's these 3. Stock, effects, and background.

Here's the same three parts highlighted on one of the sigs I've made, that looks fancy, but is essentially the exact same as yours.

Original

1. The stock, very important, it's where all the focus is. It's usually a person, but can be something like a car or whatever you want.

2. The effects that enhance your focus point. I used a C4D, and some lighting effects.

3. The background. Dictates the general color theme and feel of the entire tag. If it's a dark color, it makes the signature feel more grim, and dirty, in this case, pink, makes it feel bright and cheerful.

Whenever you make a signature, this is the easiest form to remember. Straight-forward, you can just think to yourself, okay I have a stock, now I just need to make some effects, and a background, and I'm finished. Just remember to make these three, and you can make something that feels complete. <--- This is the reason why I think your mew one is the best. Your other signature tags lack one of the three elements (they all lack stock-enhancing effects).

Without effects, the tag will look too flat. Without a background, the tag will feel empty. Without a focus or stock, the tag will feel aimless and random.

Anyways, moving on to text, if you're using photoshop, you need to change the text mode from None to either Strong, Crisp, Soft, etc. depending on the situation. Right now your font is very very pixellated, and this will solve that. I'd offer tips for typography but I don't have a grasp on it either, so your guess is good as mine.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmm . . . okay. Thanks for the help. ^_^
    Trying to take that into consideration, I made this.

And in gray. ><

Yea, I think I failed. ;_;

What a feeling in my soul Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Red Dango Telescope Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 04:21 AM
    Threads

Great sets sis!!I love 'em all.
    I don't know much about signatures..but I would say that the text could be better,I mean the font.^^
    Good job!
    Lovely set made by the awesome Arxia!
    Thanks so much girl!
    ♥♥♥

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The gray version of post #3 certainly looks good!
    The background doesn't seem as empty as the colored version

Try adding a simple border and applying some depth, it may give a more professional-finish :3

*edit
    sometimes I suck, but that's okay ;_;
    Last edited by Famahama; 01-20-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Over-saturating since '07

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay . . . here's what I came up with. Not sure if it's any better. ;_;

Color:

And Grayscale:

Thanks for the help. >.<

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2010 11:14 PM
    Threads

Hmm, I liked it better without the borders B(. I think with the borders, it's taking away the focus of the signature. You have the focus down, but it feels like you're overusing the brushes for the background, so you might just want to use some brushes to bring out the character more, not make it blend further into the background. Although blending is important, the more important part is focus, and blending with brushes tend to take away the major focus of the picture.

For instance, if you made the colored background, the flowers a lighter shade of red, the character in the middle will definitely jump out more.

I hope this helps! Hope to see more from you (:

sit back and live through the daylight.
    graphics/request thread.

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I see . . . okay. >.<
    Any better?

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

...ditch the borders O_o;;

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams View Post
    For instance, if you made the colored background, the flowers a lighter shade of red, the character in the middle will definitely jump out more.
    IMO, that depends to the focus/character used really...
    Let's say a pale looking character (...like the being discussed now, unfortunately) is the focus. Using light colors as the main background for this pale character would kind of make the piece boring (or like you said, too blended with the background). But by using stronger colors for the background, the focus should be able to 'Pop' a bit.
    But in the end, choose a flashier-looking character, it's much easier ;_;

Err, anyway, I think the colored piece looks too monochrome...
    Over-saturating since '07

97,000?! bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 12:10 AM
    Threads

the stock looks like pretty bad quality, try to find good quality renders and stocks (some good ones are available here, extracts by serated and etc are super good)

what i see in your sig is that it's stale, it just looks unexciting to me, try adding effects and more vivid colors. the red looks flat to me, idk how to explain tht, but make it more varied and make the focal pop out to the eye!
    hope to see more from you, and what program do you use?

{}

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unleh
    ...ditch the borders O_o;;

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams
    IMO, that depends to the focus/character used really...
    Let's say a pale looking character (...like the being discussed now, unfortunately) is the focus. Using light colors as the main background for this pale character would kind of make the piece boring (or like you said, too blended with the background). But by using stronger colors for the background, the focus should be able to 'Pop' a bit.
    But in the end, choose a flashier-looking character, it's much easier ;_;

Err, anyway, I think the colored piece looks too monochrome...
    haha, thanks for the input.
    I think I'll just give up on that one. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by bayamesa
    the stock looks like pretty bad quality, try to find good quality renders and stocks (some good ones are available here, extracts by serated and etc are super good)

what i see in your sig is that it's stale, it just looks unexciting to me, try adding effects and more vivid colors. the red looks flat to me, idk how to explain tht, but make it more varied and make the focal pop out to the eye!
    hope to see more from you, and what program do you use?
    *nods* Yeah, it was just a picture to begin with. XD
    I've seen them, don't worry. ^^;; And I'll use them in the future. =D

More vivid colors. Got it.
    Thanks. ^_^

Oh, and I'm still using Photoshop 7. ^^;;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Oh, and this will probably have the same problem as the other.
    Wait, yeah it does.
    But I'll post it, anyway.

Last edited by *Tsuki*; 01-20-2010 at 09:13 PM.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I love the simple sigs the best. Your angel sig is really nice, but I think it could use a bit more on the right side. It seems empty. Maybe you should add some text? Also, I think there is too much white brushing on the left side all over her face. It doesn't flow very well. You could tone down the opacity of that layer or something. I can't tell if there is an outer glow around the angel, but if there is, I think you should make it a bit sharper. It would look nice.

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Jagan Eye: Thanks for the help, I'll try to fix that up. ^_^
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I've been playin' around some more and . . . well, I'm not sure.
    I don't really like them, but here are two more!

The BlackRose one is for another site. That's why the ava is so big. >.<

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Double post! =D

New set for Me. ^^
    Extract by Serated.

CNC?

Edit: Oh yeah, and I know . . . it's long and large. XD

Edit 2: =D
    And Tutorial used as well.
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=92234 ^^
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 01-27-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is . . . a triple post . . .
    So, I've been lazy lately.
    Haven't really done anything. So, this is all I have.
    Help?

Edit: Oh, and Extract by Serated. >.<
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 03-06-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information