AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 3-D Star Wars

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default 3-D Star Wars

Is George Lucas Considering 'Star Wars' in 3-D?
    The Jedi master has noticed the success of "Avatar" and is thinking about retooling his films to fit the format
    By Brent Lang
    The Wrap.com

George Lucas just can't stop fiddling around with his galaxy far, far away.
    If the inveterate tinkerer has his way Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie may be headed for yet another makeover. This time the rebel insurgents and the evil empire may be getting the 3-D treatment...and we have "Avatar" to thank.
    At an HBO after party following Sunday's Golden Globe awards, the director told Access Hollywood that James Cameron's monster hit has convinced him that the technology has evolved to the point where he was willing to reconfigure the outer space series so it could be viewed in three dimensions.
    "We've been looking for years and years and years of trying to take 'Star Wars' and put it in 3-D," Lucas said. "We've been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen."
    "Haven't been a big fan of 3-D, but that movie definitely improves in (the field of) 3-D," Lucas added.
    Before he heads back into space, however, Lucas will film "Red Tails," which tells the story of the Tuskegee airmen, according to Access Hollywood.
    This isn't the first time Lucas has re-visited the original trilogy. In 1997, the director spent over $10 million up revising the movies he shot in the 1970s and 80s and inserting scenes and characters that exploited CGI technology. Though the subsequent theatrical re-releases were box office successes, many of the director's changes were bemoaned by fans who believed that they weakened the arc of central characters such as Han Solo by scrubbing away their harder edges. Lucas festooned the movie with new digital alien creations, inserted a scene with Jabba the Hut in the first film, and changed a cantina shoot out to have the alien Greedo fire the first shot at Solo instead of the other way around.
    As for the director's other attempt to revisit the Star Wars galaxy some 20 years later, well, that can be summed up in three words - "The Phantom Menace."

i'm actually looking forward to seeing that Red Tails movie, the tuskegee story has always been intereto me, but idk about another update for star wars.
    Last edited by Simon Phoenix; 01-19-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

Interesting, but I doubt anyone can truely replace the original Star Wars cast, and Harrison Ford is too damn old to do another action flick.

If Lucas pulls his head out of his bung-hole and puts EFFORT into this project, unlike he has with his last few, he may become the richest man in history. Godspeed, Lucas. Don't screw this one up, and don't let Spielburg in on this one.
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

"3-D" films are just a tacky gimmick that comes bundled with awkward glasses.

No thank you.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I want more from Star Wars, but 3-D isn't something I care about.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

I'd love to see the first in 3D but I imagine the novelty would ware off pretty quick.

I just want to see this in 3D:

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by Ryuuzaki HD; 01-19-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

You know, on second thought, I think Star Wars in 3-D would make my eyeballs explode. I have a hard time watching 3-D as it is.
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

Yeah, terrible idea.

But if Lucas inserted an extra Death Star scene where the Empire blows up what is referred to as ''Pandora,'' I'd pay full price to see that in 3-D.
    Last edited by RexCars; 01-19-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't like 3D movies. Not that I don't like the effects of it or anything, but that I can't wear the glasses too well considering that I already wear glasses. I end up having to push them really hard against my face, and they keep sliding off the entire time I'm try to watch the show. Very annoying.

=\
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yea, after the 97 remake idk if i trust him to do it again.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    "3-D" films are just a tacky gimmick that comes bundled with awkward glasses.
    They're aren't even new. 3D films were quite popular back in the '50s and '60s. So, in a sense, cinema has de-evolved into the gimmicky low-budget sci-fi flicks of the '50s. ... though, actually, I find them more enjoyable, as they have more worth-while plot and aren't completely special effects-centric.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Will somebody please murder this man already?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well you know lucas, trying to get paid off of movies he did 30 years ago.

Senior Member unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700 has a reputation beyond repute unruley700's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 08:01 PM
    Threads

hate to break it to you guys, but george lucas doesn't need money. the man is worth somewhere around 3 bil (not 100% on this figure). he could buy a small african nation with that much cash. if he's gonna make another star wars flick, it's gonna be because he wants to.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by unruley700 View Post
    hate to break it to you guys, but george lucas doesn't need money. the man is worth somewhere around 3 bil (not 100% on this figure). he could buy a small african nation with that much cash. if he's gonna make another star wars flick, it's gonna be because he wants to.
    No, it's the money alright. 3 Bil. is never enough, even for one man. Then there's the jealousy and nostalgia of the days of glory that all these old geizers think they once had. James "Can-make-wrong" followed a recent fad in the history of lame movies with his latest Bullsh-buster "Avatar".
    Then all the people start to think "If and idiot like Cameron can make a movie with no original plot 3D, I sure as hell can make a 3D movie with a plot that sucks bollocks and get better ratings."

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^^^pretty much

Closed Thread

Thread Information