AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Girl's Best Friend

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Girl's Best Friend

Hello. This is Tsuki, again with a poem.
    This one was written last night.
    My mom had my dog put to sleep yesterday morning.
    So, this is for him.

It's extremely literal, but I still hope ya' like it. ^^
    Thank you for reading. *Tsuki*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Girl's Best Friend

A loyal companion that never fights back,
    but merely stays by my side.
    Wag your tail and look like your smiling,
    how can I ever let go?

We loose what we find to be most precious,
    while we treasure it the most.
    Tears run freely and hiccups pursue,
    as the last goodbye is said.

Fourteen years we struggled together.
    you watching silently as I grew up.
    But still always there when I reach down,
    fighting to live one more moment.

I watch as you slowly deteriorate before me.
    it starts with losing your sight.
    Then it moves onto no longer hearing,
    last is not being able to eat.

We ask ourselves each day.
    "Who do we keep you alive for?"
    Are you truly happy.
    or is it just our inability to say goodbye?

The last day, I don't see your face.
    too busy running to catch the bus.
    Don't say good morning, don't say goodbye,
    who knew it would end like this?

A somber face as we enter the house.
    I feel a sense of dread take over.
    No longer are you there to greet me,
    you're no longer there when I reach down.

Can't stop the ongoing river of tears,
    or think about anything else.
    Still, I'm dragged along to see more,
    can't help but smile at the puppies.

Pick one up and take it home,
    this is her new place to stay.
    Watch as she quickly adjusts to the changes,
    and as she goes running down the hall.

Now it's my turn to watch someone grow up,
    but I know you'll always be with me.
    Forever in my heart, always looking down from above;
    my dear best friend.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R.I.P. Ollie. <3
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 01-09-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

Aww that was really good, I always hated when a animal of mine passed away. Really touching poem, and it was written perfect, just like all your past ones haha, you always seem too be good with your words were I can visualize what you actually write about.

Another great peice of work, remember im your number 1 fan. =D lmao.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lol. Yes, my self-proclaimed #1 fan. ^____^

Well, I'm glad you think it was written perfectly,
    but there's still room for improvement.
    There are some placed I wish flowed a bit better,
    but in the end I think it's worthy of his greatness. XD

Oh, but ones I've posted in the past definitely have not been perfect.
    No, they were really quite mediocre when I first began writing. ^^;;

Anyway, thank you very much.
    I think I've rambled for long enough,
    and I'm glad that you're able to visualize what's happening in the poem.

Artistic Muse Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish 258 - Mudkip Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2012 10:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love the title, because usually you hear "Man's Best Friend" not Girl's.

It starts off well and as it progresses it gets better and better. This may be very literal, but I really enjoyed reading it! Hearing about animals being put to sleep always makes me sad, I am an animal lover after all. :/

"Tears fun freely and hiccups pursue,"
    ^This line doesn't make sense to me though, unless you were trying to say Tears run instead of Tears fun. Just thought I'd point that out.

Other than that, it was great especially because it was so descriptive.
    Last edited by Kirei Shijin; 01-09-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*nods* Yea. I took that into consideration.
    Of course, it was mainly based on the fact that I am a girl and not a man. XD

I absolutely adore animals.
    Ollie was very important to me because he was there from the very beginning.
    We even shared the same birthday. ;_;

Edit button! XD yea, the r is too close to the f . . .

Anyway, thank you very much for reading and replying.
    It means a lot to hear that it didn't completely crash from being so literal,
    and that it gets better as it goes.
    Of course, if it's not descriptive, but still literal, it seems like the emotions are cut out.

Artistic Muse Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin has a reputation beyond repute Kirei Shijin's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish 258 - Mudkip Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2012 10:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I should have figured r and f and so close and it's easy to make a typo.. I wasn't trying to be annoying by pointing that out. O.o

Anyway you're welcome and I'm sorry about your loss!

Kirako's medic soldier Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com has a reputation beyond repute Nightixu@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2011 06:32 AM
    Threads

This poem is one of those that has few rhymes but sounds so melodious and sweet. Wow you did it bravo! This poem shows that you don't need rhymes to make a good poem. Lovely

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirei22 View Post
    I should have figured r and f and so close and it's easy to make a typo.. I wasn't trying to be annoying by pointing that out. O.o

Anyway you're welcome and I'm sorry about your loss!
    Don't worry, I didn't think of it that way. ^^ I missed it while I was reading it the second time over, so it's great that you told me. I hate having mistakes in my writing. >.< Although, I'm sure that I do.

And thank you. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    This poem is one of those that has few rhymes but sounds so melodious and sweet. Wow you did it bravo! This poem shows that you don't need rhymes to make a good poem. Lovely
    Thank you very much! ^_^
    I'm not really one for rhyming, but I know that poems can sound amazing without it.
    Of course, I'm not good at rhyming like so many others on the site. ^^;;

Again, thank you.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I don't know if it was just me or what, but the flow in the first couple of paragraphs was a bit weird. Mostly because it was a short line followed by a long line and then a short one again. (By long and short I mean syllables).

The ending was perfect and really sad. It kind of makes you feel like you took it for granted when you wrote that you didn't say good morning or goodbye. I guess its hard to see a pet suffer, but even more so when they pass away. Still it was the right thing to do, since he was technically already starting on his way to doggy heaven. you just helped him on his way.

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's possible. I can't really tell because it's my own writing. >.<
    If anyone else thinks that, then probably it is off. -_-

Anyway, I'm glad ya' think the ending was perfect.
    I was really starting to get into it when I was writing that part.
    I really do regret not talking to him at all, since I talked to him all the time before that.

It is hard, but I want him to be happy again.
    I don't think he was happy towards the end,
    and that's really all that matters to me.

Thank you for reading, big brother. ^^
    Means a lot to hear from ya'.

Stuck in Love's Capture Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate Flowers Fan2 Wolf
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2015 06:38 AM
    In Between Darkness and Light, Engulfed in Fire and Ice
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Aww that's makes me think of my old puppy (well not puppy but you know) Awwww I'm sorry for your loss *hugs*

Amazing set by
    Ezza Obsuna ^^

The days fly by and the feelings remain
    So far away and causing us pain
    That's okay we'll make it through
    Soon we'll get to say "I love you"

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah, don't feel sorry.
    Right now I'm celebrating his life!
    But thank you. ^^ *hugs back*

Ruler of Fire ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2010 05:42 AM
    Threads

nice one specially this part was my fav

Fourteen years we struggled together.
    you watching silently as I grew up.
    But still always there when I reach down,
    fighting to live one more moment.

most amazing one gave a whole grace and embressed it very well i think u gave me some idea for my cats

My cat isn't fat and isn't afraid of bats.

She looks like a penguin and acts like a terrapin and scares other cats out of my garden.

She's really tiny... oh but blimey she is really shiny.

She's shinier than silver washed in the river.

She's shinier than that bald blokes head.

She's shinier than gold that's just been sold to the king of the very old.

When you pick her up she plucks you like a duck and that's the story of my cat!
    ~ai~rox~

Thanks teed for the site info

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

haha, thank you.
    That's very . . . funny. XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information