AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Art Theft

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2004 12:13 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

It upsets me that I have to resort to joining this forum to get any attention here. I have Emailed the staff of AnimeWallpaper.com THREE TIMES concerning the theft and unauthorized usage of my artwork in a Sailormoon Wallpaper. All three times, my messages have been ignored.

The picture in question is the SailorVenus wallpaper, found here:
    http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/...full_44_800.asp

My original artwork can be found here:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1246565/

I have already spoken to "Sakura-Chan" who made the wallpaper, and she apologized. The posting of this Wallpaper has led to problems concerning several cases of art theft, including a major issue I just had to deal with: the wallpaper itself was taken off *this* site, printed on a T-Shirt, and was selling on Ebay without my previous knowledge or permission.
    My art is under copyright, and no one but myself has the authority to sell it or not.

In short, AnimeWallpapers.com has caused SEVERE problems for me, and I am SICK of them not responding to my Emails. I am them asking now to get their act together and remove that wallpaper immediately.

Brianna Garcia
    bri-chan
    http://bri-chan.deviantart.com/

Senior Member Kelvin Wenas Kelvin Wenas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2004 08:14 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

"It upsets me that I have to resort to joining this forum to get any attention here. I have Emailed the staff of AnimeWallpaper.com THREE TIMES concerning the theft and unauthorized usage of my artwork in a Sailormoon Wallpaper. All three times, my messages have been ignored."

so you are stealing the original author's idea too, by copying how the character looks like, how the character's clothing, since it is not your own real character which come from your imaginantion.
    then what about "theft and unauthorized usage of original sailormoon's author's idea in a Sailormoon picture"

I have already spoken to "Sakura-Chan" who made the wallpaper, and she apologized. The posting of this Wallpaper has led to problems concerning several cases of art theft, including a major issue I just had to deal with:

and an "Idea theft"

"the wallpaper itself was taken off *this* site, printed on a T-Shirt, and was selling on Ebay without my previous knowledge or permission."

and an "art theft of a stolen image of a character which idea is also stolen from someone else", its not our doing though

My art is under copyright, and no one but myself has the authority to sell it or not.

under copyright? and no one but yourself has the authority to sell it or not? you, yourself has copied the character from the original one itself, you stole the idea of the character from the creator of sailor moon, the sailor moon itself is under copyright

In short, AnimeWallpapers.com has caused SEVERE problems for me, and I am SICK of them not responding to my Emails. I am them asking now to get their act together and remove that wallpaper immediately.

remove that art immediately since it isnt your real original character which is come from your original imagination, but it is copying someone's original art which is come from their own imagination
    What is the meaning of life...
    to live? if you live does it mean you exist?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2004 12:20 PM
    Threads

I do agree that they shouldnt have your picture's wallpaper up on the site since you didnt give the author permission, but I also agree with kelvin that it isnt your character and so you really cant have the copyrights to it

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I agree with Kelvin mainly. The idea for the character's wasn't hers so therefore she has no right to copyright it, even if you drew it yourself.

Senior Member haruko is on a distinguished road haruko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2004 05:54 PM
    Threads

damnit it is ok to draw a charicter!!!! BUT when you take that charictir and sell it THATS where it becomes illegal. so please this is a pointless argument. all she did was take your drawing and turn it into a wallpaper. SO WHAT!!!??? if she took it and sold it i could see your point but reproducing it as a wallpaper its no big deal. and you should be flatered that someone would take your art and make a wallpaper out of it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2004 12:25 AM
    Threads

you should read the topic below this one.... animewallpapers.net does not sell any of its works as T-shirts on ebay. Some other jerk arse is doing it. so suck it up and live with it.

Visit the Shadow's Lair
    Live for the day.. for there might not be another.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I can guarantee you that the AW staff were not the ones that made the T-shirts and sold them. What the wallpaper artist should have done is contacted you to ask for your permission. My appologies about all the problems you had to go through. I will see if I can, or the web admin can, take the wallpaper down.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

-I never accused the staff of this site of selling my art. I took care of the problem by Emailing the seller on Ebay myself, and dealt with that issue separately. My point is, if the staff had removed my image the first time I asked, or even the second time, the seller from Ebay would not have taken it, and I would not have this big mess on my hands.

-I never claimed that I owned Sailorvenus. It's called 'fanart' people. I'm sure you've all seen plenty of it. I drew a fanart of a Sailormoon character (on which I did give proper credit on my gallery), and my artwork was taken without permission to be used on this web site. Would it help if Sakura-Chan asked for it to be removed? Because she has agreed to help me if needed.

-Please, do not try to justify this theft by saying I should be "flattered". Considering how much red tape I've gone through in the past month, I would rather have the picture completely gone and not be flattered at all.

I don't know what else to say. I did not come here to start an argument. I'm merely concerned about my art. Yes, it is a fanart of another character, but the point is, I still drew it, therefore the art itself (not the character) is my property. I apologize for being frustrated, but you don't know how much trouble this has caused me. If you could at LEAST show a gesture of kindness, remove the wallpaper from this site, if only to save me from future problems.

Brianna

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

No one is trying to start an argument; just trying to be devil's advocate. As far as AW staff goes, I'm WAY at the bottom. I tried to go in and delete it but was unable to because the image was uploaded by another staff member. I notified the right people and hopefully the wall will be off the site by tomarrow.

**edit: was able to get ahold of pmak and I was able to delete the wallpaper from AW**

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My goodness, PookyChan, I can't thank you *enough*. I truly appreciate it.

Once again, I'm sorry I had to resort to posting here, but the staff simply were not returning my Emails. Thank you so much for being kind enough to help me.

Brianna

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Don't worry about it! sorry you had to deal with all that. I am ALWAYS checking the forums, so if something like this ever happens again, just contact me.

Pink is the new Pooky

Closed Thread

Thread Information